Friend of mine bbms me, and asks me which phone I should update to,so I honestly tell him the BlackBerry z30 it's a great phone you can download android apps,so yeah you can't go wrong...so what does he do he buys the galaxy s4 lol there so brainwashed by the media,and carrier salespeople

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and francois626 like this.
    03-09-14 01:38 PM
    Friend of mine bbms me, and asks me which phone I should update to,so I honestly tell him the BlackBerry z30 it's a great phone you can download android apps,so yeah you can't go wrong...so what does he do he buys the galaxy s4 lol there so brainwashed by the media,and carrier salespeople

Posted via CB10
    Or maybe they liked it best?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-09-14 01:48 PM
    did they say why they got the S4?
    Laura Knotek, TGR1 and MERCDROID like this.
    03-09-14 01:51 PM
    ..well there is no future for BlackBerry it's a faster phone...blah blah it's what basically what everyone else is using,so BlackBerry has to advertise there smartphones big time

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 02:09 PM
    You mean as opposed to being brainwashed by you?
    03-09-14 02:15 PM
    OP, not everybody that you advise to get a BlackBerry device will necessarily do so. Maybe your friend tried both devices and decided that he preferred the SG4.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet
    03-09-14 02:15 PM
    OP, not everybody that you advise to get a BlackBerry device will necessarily do so. Maybe your friend tried both devices and decided that he preferred the SG4.

There is no good reason for anyone to ever choose a Galaxy device over a BlackBerry. Anyone who does is brainwashed. Try and keep up, okay?

/s
    03-09-14 02:17 PM
    So if he listen to you he's a clear-headed individualist, if he didn't, he's brain-washed fool ?
    03-09-14 02:18 PM
    Very true..trust me I didn't try to brainwash him..actually I will see for my shelf I might consider the s5 because I don't think that security is better on the BlackBerry for consumer use

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 02:19 PM
    There is no good reason for anyone to ever choose a Galaxy device over a BlackBerry. Anyone who does is brainwashed. Try and keep up, okay?

/s
    ????
    Wiki, were you replying to my post or the post above mine?

03-09-14 02:24 PM
    I'm confused.
    03-09-14 02:25 PM
    ????

it was sarcasm lol
    TgeekB, 21stNow and Rello like this.
    03-09-14 02:27 PM
    I love Android devices but in the past when recommending a device for others most of the time I recommend an IPhone. Why? Most of the people that would even ask my opinion aren't that tech savy. IPhones are simple to use and have excellent support.

When people who trust my advice ask for it, I don't push my agenda. I recommend what might be best for them.
    TGR1, 21stNow, Berry_Pink and 6 others like this.
    03-09-14 02:32 PM
    Sales person probably steered him away from it...

If you knew what I do, you'd be typing on a BlackBerry Z30! Posted via CB10.
    bspence87 and daithiD like this.
    03-09-14 02:59 PM
    ????

Oh look! A bona fide sarcasm detector!

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 02:59 PM
    I used to give advice about computers, now I refuse. I would spend hours finding someone the best PC they could get for the least money, then they'd go to the store and buy whatever the salesperson. Told them to.

Later when the PC had a problem they'd come to me and I'd have to fix whatever piece of garbage they bought after they told me why the salesperson knew more than I did.

So, that mini rant over, when someone asks you what phone to buy, the answer is always "Whatever you want." saves on frustration later. When it breaks it's not your fault that way.

Just let it go OP. You are off the hook. Any shortcomings he might find with his own selection, he can't hang it on you. If you are happy with your Z30, that should be enough.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 03:16 PM
    I don't see the problem or purpose of this thread.
    Someone spend their own money to purchase what they wanted.
    It's a no brainer in my eyes.
    Also, TBH, when that Galaxy S4 first came out it was calling my name!
    That's a very nice device, regardless if admitted or not.
    Obviously I remained with my love and didn't stray....
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    03-09-14 03:30 PM
    Same thing with my friend. He was using a Droid Razor phone when he told me he was needing a new one. I Told him about the new BlackBerry phones but he went with Iphone 4s. He had an Iphone 4 and so I guess he is sticking to crApple.

Now he's starting to talk about Iphone 6. It does seem intriguing so I'll have to watch the announcement presentation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    03-09-14 03:38 PM
    My Dad did the same thing... well, took me years to convince him to get a smart phone. Then... when he finally did, he got a galaxy something...

I'm pretty sure he did it just to p*ss me off.

So maybe that's why your friend did it.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 03:50 PM
    "oh you don't like what I like? You must be brain washed." - OP
    03-09-14 03:54 PM
    For downloading and running Android apps, S4 is way better than a Z30, because S4 is uh...running Android OS natively.
    03-09-14 04:00 PM
    If you buy anything but a BlackBerry, you are brainwashed by the media. People can't possibly like these other devices more. It is completely impossible.
    MADBRADNYC, TgeekB, bbq10l and 5 others like this.
    03-09-14 04:00 PM
    My Dad did the same thing... well, took me years to convince him to get a smart phone. Then... when he finally did, he got a galaxy something...

I'm pretty sure he did it just to p*ss me off.

So maybe that's why your friend did it.

Posted via CB10
    This made me chuckle.

Sent from my  using Tapatalk
    MERCDROID likes this.
    03-09-14 04:18 PM
    I used to give advice about computers, now I refuse. I would spend hours finding someone the best PC they could get for the least money, then they'd go to the store and buy whatever the salesperson. Told them to.

Later when the PC had a problem they'd come to me and I'd have to fix whatever piece of garbage they bought after they told me why the salesperson knew more than I did.

So, that mini rant over, when someone asks you what phone to buy, the answer is always "Whatever you want." saves on frustration later. When it breaks it's not your fault that way.

Just let it go OP. You are off the hook. Any shortcomings he might find with his own selection, he can't hang it on you. If you are happy with your Z30, that should be enough.

Posted via CB10
    The first two paragraphs, lol, oh so true...

There is no real appreciation, (mostly) only whingeing...

Buy your computer from a guy who actually fixes them. He wants no dramas with the machine, and if, he wants an unproblematic fix. Try to find a replacement motherboard for a Dell or HP / Compaq OEM box, good luck. If you want to put Gigabyte / Asus in there, the backplate is welded on, .... I'll stop here.

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    03-09-14 04:43 PM

/s
    As a former S4 user, I agree 100 percent right up until the "/s"
    03-09-14 04:50 PM
104 123 ...