RIM planning on including full Flash and Silverlight support in browser

RIM planning on including full Flash and Silverlight support in browser : Boy Genius Report
    08-19-09 12:14 PM
    About time.. but now to wait for it......
    08-19-09 12:18 PM
    exactly! i can't believe that flash support is finally coming
    08-19-09 12:22 PM
    Ack I was just coming on to post this... You beat me to it
    08-19-09 12:29 PM
    Flash is coming but at what price. I develop flash and trust me with the mobile browser slowly becoming king flash is falling apart. Flash is very large most extensive flash sites are very large unless built with compression in mind. Flash may be coming but really who wants to see the punch the monkey banner.

The answer to this is a new network that will handle the massive load that flash carries . LTE is the direction that every provider needs to go. If no one provides the network before RIM gets flash going, this could be a nightmare.

A while back Verizon fired up a LTE Test network and is currently working on it. It was speculated that it was for a Big Red Iphone which is a very good speculation but I have to say this points more to a RIM development for LTE devices.

This is all my opinion and my findings of following alot of info I have heard but as far as I'm concerned the only thing it might be good for is for playing FLV's and Low Level interactive swf's
    08-19-09 12:30 PM
    Ack I was just coming on to post this... You beat me to it
    Sorry...this was such good news that I couldn't help myself
    08-19-09 12:31 PM
    08-19-09 12:33 PM
    Flash is coming but at what price. I develop flash and trust me with the mobile browser slowly becoming king flash is falling apart. Flash is very large most extensive flash sites are very large unless built with compression in mind. Flash may be coming but really who wants to see the punch the monkey banner.

The answer to this is a new network that will handle the massive load that flash carries . LTE is the direction that every provider needs to go. If no one provides the network before RIM gets flash going, this could be a nightmare.

A while back Verizon fired up a LTE Test network and is currently working on it. It was speculated that it was for a Big Red Iphone which is a very good speculation but I have to say this points more to a RIM development for LTE devices.

This is all my opinion and my findings of following alot of info I have heard but as far as I'm concerned the only thing it might be good for is for playing FLV's and Low Level interactive swf's
    If this is true then this sucks.
    08-19-09 12:34 PM
    If this is true then this sucks.
    This is rim's call to all the providers *Cough*Verizon*Cough* to step up there Sh*t and get things going.

Like I said most of what goes on around here is hear say until it is officially on the blackberry home page. I'm going on what I have read and my personal flash background. All i have to the nay sayers is... Prove me wrong

From a marketing stand point RIM just released two well recieved devices(Tour and the 8520) and the need some excitement and some buzz. This is the buzz something that can keep them in a greatly developing market. Wait for the Storm 2 and 9700 buzz to roll out around mid September.
    08-19-09 12:39 PM
    RIM is definitely stepping up their marketing game. I just read in another post that the bold is rumored to be coming out in white. what rim really should be doing is stepping up their qc game instead of keeping up with the jones, just sayin
    08-19-09 12:42 PM
    cool beans!
    08-19-09 02:50 PM
    I just signed up for Twitter and I don't know how to send a private tweet.

08-29-09 05:19 AM
    well... I guess the wait starts
    08-29-09 05:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD