Hey I am a frequent visitor to the site, however, never had anything new to post, but I just came accross this free unlock promo: cellphoneunlock.net/freeblackberryunlock.html

I submitted my info...I will post when I hear back.
    Last edited by lemp0005; 01-23-09 at 11:23 AM.
    01-23-09 11:19 AM
    Im just a little uncomfortable with someone who has only 1 post, directing us to a site which asks for out IMEI number.

Anybody else think this is odd?
    01-23-09 12:32 PM
    Okay, well do what you would like...I came accross it at pinstack.com, so I thought I would just pass along the info for anyone that would like to unlock their phone. You may point out that I have been a member since May, however, I just haven't had anything to post...
    01-23-09 12:40 PM
    Well, I didn't mean to get defensive, I just thought he was trying to imply that because I had a low post count, that I was trying to do something shady....when I was just trying to point out the free unlock service. I don't think you can do anything with just someone's IMEI number other than unlock. Maybe I am wrong?
    01-23-09 12:59 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

We value the sharing of information, but there are restrictions in place to help us control the worst SPAMMER can do in a short time.

Members with 10 posts are welcome to share links, that is what the 'net is all about.

01-23-09 01:10 PM
    Well, I didn't mean to get defensive, I just thought he was trying to imply that because I had a low post count, that I was trying to do something shady....when I was just trying to point out the free unlock service. I don't think you can do anything with just someone's IMEI number other than unlock. Maybe I am wrong?
    You should post the address where you found it on pinstack so people can go there to look at it as well. Then maybe we won't be such nervous nelly's

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 01:16 PM
    free unlock service hmmm........

EDIT: can they do anything if they have our IMEI number? or is this a win-win situation?
    Last edited by jlasa06; 01-23-09 at 01:22 PM.
    01-23-09 01:20 PM
    ^^^ If you get a person that knows what they are doing a lot of bad things can be done if they get ahold of your imei. not sure how true this holds with bb. phones are not as protected as people think
    01-23-09 01:35 PM
    Long time hofo user but new to crackberry.

This is the link from pinstack.
    It looks to bea legit service.
    They are looking for promo as the thread dicusses
    remove * and put .

http:// forums*pinstack*com/showthread*php?t=100470
    01-23-09 01:50 PM
    01-23-09 01:56 PM
    will it just be unlocked after its done? or what? what do we do with the unlock code
    01-23-09 02:53 PM
    yea it will be unlocked keep the code just incase it didnt take the first time around
    01-23-09 02:54 PM
    I think they need a new site design if they're legitimate, every page says just about the same thing... I'll just call AT&T if I ever decide to unlock my curve, I figure I'll be fine at least until I pick up a new handset and want to give this one off...
    01-23-09 03:21 PM
    I don't trust it and am not going to even bother... Doubt they can do a whole lot with my IMEI since I have password on my account and use sim card but i'd rather just call T-Mobile and they will give me unlock code free so long as you have been customer for 90 days which I have been for years
    01-23-09 04:43 PM
    I would not trust it...no way no day!
    01-23-09 04:44 PM
    What is an unlock code? What does it do to your phone?

MrsStraty
    01-23-09 06:13 PM
    I'm not advocating this, but this company does unlock phones for a price also. Looks like they are just trying to promote their site and services.
    01-23-09 06:36 PM
    What is an unlock code? What does it do to your phone?

MrsStraty
    When you purchase a phone through your carrier, the phone is locked to that carrier meaning you can only use that phone with the carrier your purchased it from. An unlock code unlocks your phone allowing you to use it on whatever carrier you want. CDMA devices (Verizon, Sprint, Telus, Alltel etc..) can only be unlocked and used with other CDMA carriers. GSM devices (AT&T, T-Mobile, Rogers, Vodafone etc..) can only be unlocked and used with other GSM carriers.

The Storm 9530 (has both CDMA and GSM radios) can be unlocked and used on American GSM networks. It will only be able to access EDGE service though since it only has the European 3G bands.
    01-23-09 07:14 PM
    Thanks for sharing... let us know how it works out.
    01-23-09 08:59 PM
    Got an email today and got my unlock code and it worked. It said they are still working on getting all of the unlock codes...apparently they had an extremely large amount of requests....but it worked!! cellphoneunlock.net/freeblackberryunlock.html
    02-04-09 10:48 PM
    Haven't got mine yet. My IMEI number isn't even listed on the webpage. My wife's IMEI number is listed but no unlock code. Have about given up
    02-05-09 09:56 AM
    Just curious what is an IMEI number and how can I find it on my phone? Thanks in advance!
    02-05-09 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD