Check this out guys. free navigation program.I love it. http://global.telmap.com/tugpcbeta/
    03-21-10 12:41 PM
    Check this out guys. free navigation program.I love it. http://global.telmap.com/tugpcbeta/
    I'm NOT impressed. Activation codes being sent are incorrect. Unable to use. Unable to contact support-need up to 2 business days for a reply. Forums are useless as well.

Okay, correct code was FINALLY sent. Plus I was in UMA/WiFi mode instead of cellular when activating service. Used cellular
    signal instead and it installed correctly.
    Observations: Everything's in metric( I like, others may not). Seem's very accurate, I'll report back after I've tested it more today. Plan on using this in pedestrian mode most of the time. Has voice directions.
    Last edited by stridr69; 03-21-10 at 02:30 PM. Reason: able to get application working
    03-21-10 01:43 PM
    just downloaded and reg code worked for me. copied and paste it.

update: tested while driving, went to Mcdonald's... the directions and turn annoucements were pretty on point. I really like the GPS app.
    Last edited by devGOD; 03-21-10 at 03:05 PM.
    03-21-10 02:25 PM
    How do you get it to navigate?
    03-21-10 02:50 PM
    i couldn't see what i was typing???
    03-21-10 03:01 PM
    How do you guys like it so far?
    03-21-10 03:10 PM
    How do you get it to navigate?
    From your location scroll the "X" to a given point on the map then click on it for navigation.
    03-21-10 03:13 PM
    How do you guys like it so far?
    I like it a lot and its free for now, can't beat that price.
    03-21-10 03:26 PM
    On first run it brought my BB to its knees for about 3 minutes, it was pretty much unusable, but after that it was fine. For a beta Id say it is pretty good, needs some polishing though. The ads arent very targeted:

Sure I'll just walk on over
    03-21-10 03:28 PM
    Sorry for a newb question but how do you know if you are BES or BIS? I have a Bold 9700 btw.

Thanks.
    03-21-10 03:30 PM
    Sorry for a newb question but how do you know if you are BES or BIS? I have a Bold 9700 btw.
    BES is for corporate networks, unless your BB was provided by your company or you have had to go through enterprise activation on your personal device to connect to your company you are on BIS.
    03-21-10 03:35 PM
    BES is for corporate networks, unless your BB was provided by your company or you have had to go through enterprise activation on your personal device to connect to your company you are on BIS.
    How's the McDonalds in Barcelona? lol

Again, much appreciated and now to test this thing out...version 5.11.28
    03-21-10 03:41 PM
    How's the McDonalds in Barcelona? lol

Again, much appreciated and now to test this thing out...version 5.11.28
    Np. And im still walking! lol
    03-21-10 03:43 PM
    Apparently you can't type the activation code in? I pasted it but it didn't paste the last letter, so I tried typing it in but no luck. I then clicked the "del" button to clear all the characters and I still couldn't type. Then I clicked the BB menu key and selected English and it's been stuck on "SavingResources..." for the last several minutes. I tried clicking the "Cancel" button but it's frozen.

Was able to go back out to the Home screen and then go back into downloads folder and open it again. I copied it correctly and now it works! It found my correct location, so far so good...

Apparently you can't make a call by typing in a phone number - it must be from your contacts list?

For some reason I still can't type. Non of of the keys on my keyboard will type in the "Search" field. Anyone else having this problem? When I first tried typing it wasn't registering in the field but the word selection popped up and then went away. ???
    Last edited by Nickerz_BB; 03-21-10 at 04:04 PM.
    03-21-10 03:52 PM
    I've been using this beta since it came out. Generally pleased except does not translate addresses from contacts well.
    03-21-10 03:56 PM
    I'm just out driving now to get some dinner. Ill post a little review when I'm back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-10 04:03 PM
    Hope you're not trying to drive to that McDonalds in Barcelona!!
    03-21-10 04:18 PM
    Lol! I'm trying this as well.

03-21-10 04:26 PM
    Well so far I have to say for a beta Im pretty impressed. The interface is nice and clean looking. So here are some thoughts after just using it for a quick drive.

- Interface is nicely laid out
    - When searching, enter doesn't do anything, you have to press menu and scroll to search. Not sure why they choose this, as it just seems the long way to do it.
    - Searching for my home address on my way home, if i just typed in the address ie "123 Whatever St" it would come back with a result that wasn't my street in a different city. I had to input by city name after the address. With the gps knowing what city I was in, I thought it would figure it out.
    - TTS (text-to-speech) is actually pretty good, it pronounced most of the streets to turn on well.
    - When navigating in 3D mode, I switched to the overview and couldnt find a way to get back to the 3D mode (it might be there but wasn't going to mess with it too much while driving).
    - It wanted to route me in a circle on my way to my destination (screenshot below), on the way back it was fine. Now this could be due to the map data the app is pulling from and thinks there was no left turn, but I also had my built in navigation running and it routed me fine, so Im not sure whats up with that.

Why am I going all the way around when I just need to make a left turn? :P

Couldnt figure out how to get back to 3D mode here, so just kept going with the map view.

Success!
    03-21-10 05:00 PM
    the McD's advertisment is working. I went to mcd's earlier while using the nav.
    03-21-10 05:18 PM
    Can't read what a Big Mac costs in Italy. Good find!
    03-21-10 06:21 PM
    So i've been playing with the maps, once you've select a route and hit the BB menu button you get a setting options that allow you to tweak a few things. Widgets are pretty cool as well and the night mode. i just need a mini-usb to video out cable so i can connect my BB to my car flip out screen.
    03-21-10 11:35 PM
    Well,it's free for 2 weeks so enjoy it.I know I did but I'll be damned to pay 5€/month for the 3 times I'm gonna use it.
    03-22-10 04:00 AM
    Well,it's free for 2 weeks so enjoy it.I know I did but I'll be damned to pay 5�/month for the 3 times I'm gonna use it.
    I didn't catch the part about it costing after 2 weeks (wasn't really paying attention). I wouldn't use it much either, but would have been handy to have. I thought that since they had ads in there they might have done a free version.

03-22-10 08:43 AM
    I'm in the beta program since the 4.5 version. I got the 5.0 version and had problems. Specifically,

1. I could only put in an address for the state I'm in (Illinois).
    2. I no longer got turn by turn directions.

If I'm to upgrade to this new version,

1. Are these problems solved?
    2. As a beta tester, will I still get the program for free as long as I continue using it?
    03-22-10 08:58 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD