Ok sorry if this has already been posted but havent seen it.

Just set up my girlfriends pink 8130 and was going through the email set up.

Hotmail doesnt work originaly without the pay msn account and I didnt even know where to find that.

So to get it to work is simple.

Download live for your desktop from Windows Live install the mail part.). Once installed go into Options (which is in veiw menu) the advanced then click on the maitenance button.. and thats it. no buttons to hit just ok back out of the menu and set up hotmail on BIS.

Worked great one min it said "check email" then after dl windows live it said "setup succesfully"

Dont know what it is found it somewhere online and it worked.

Good luck
    Last edited by naviwilliams; 05-06-08 at 11:32 AM. Reason: ...added link.
    04-30-08 10:57 PM
    Good find man. I actually paid for mine then I just forwarded it to my blackberry email since it seems to send faster that way. Go figure.
    05-01-08 03:47 AM
    Holy crud you are awesome! Thank you! I just got my 8320 and was setting up all my email. I have 4 hotmail accounts I wanted to be able to use (needed 1). This totally works, I was so tense until the first one went through. Now the question is, what happens if I uninstall the mail widget on my desktop? Does it stop working? Or will this remain "activated" forever?
    If there was a way to rep you I would!!!
    05-05-08 01:34 AM
    Thanks for the tip! This is definitely useful.
    05-06-08 12:01 AM
    Nice Tip, anyone know the logic behind why this works? and do you need to keep Windows Live Mail open all the time in order for it to work?
    05-06-08 12:39 AM
    This doesnt work for Blackberry Pearl. Any other suggestions? Thanks.
    06-10-08 07:03 PM
    Isin't the 8130 a peal ?
    06-10-08 07:56 PM
    BIS2.5 should allow for Hotmail email to work when it comes out this week or next on the scheduled RIM upgrades going on over the weekends.
    06-10-08 10:51 PM
    ugh! I am on my work computer and my system is telling me that it's not a valid application...whats up with that?
    06-11-08 09:05 AM
    ugh! I am on my work computer and my system is telling me that it's not a valid application...whats up with that?
    the file is not valid for W2K
    06-12-08 01:25 AM
    I just everything the easy way...Switched to gmail :-)

How sad is it when a place of business is still running W2K! :-P
    06-12-08 09:14 AM
    I set it up just like it said, went to BIS and set up acct, said it was successful, got the email icon on the BB 8330, thought all was good, but not recieving any emails. Checked the email acct from laptop computer and had 15 new messages, any suggestions?? email acct with hotmail has been set up since 99. I can send outgoing email but am not recieving incoming email. I checked the BIS set-up, its the same as my gmail acct. Any ideas on hoe to get it to work???
    Last edited by dogboyr1; 06-12-08 at 07:49 PM.
    06-12-08 07:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD