Hi, I was wondering where I can get a free GPS Navigation application for my 8310 Curve??

any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
    05-15-08 08:55 PM
    Google Maps is free.
    05-15-08 08:59 PM
    Nav4All - Free gps navigation for your mobile phone!

Awesome app
    05-15-08 09:00 PM
    Nav4all works pretty well that is unless you are on verizon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-08 11:44 PM
    i love google maps
    05-16-08 12:07 AM
    Google maps is a great application. I love the satelite images.
    05-16-08 12:10 AM
    I'm on SunCom and there was a built-in map/GPS system that works better than any GPS I've used (I"ve never used it).

I assume they're free?
    05-27-08 06:58 PM
    I have a question about free gps navs

Do they require data? I added a $15 a month basic for emails since I am usually accessible by laptop, however, as a social worker I end up having to go to some pretty obscure locations in which a GPS would be helpful. Is there any that simply run off pre loaded maps ? I have tried the two most common ones people quote here but I couldnt figure them out.

Thanks
    06-03-08 09:10 PM
    Except for the two that use preloaded maps on the media card, yes, they all require data to d/l the maps. Which means you don't have maps if you're in an area with no cell coverage. If my life or livelihood depended on it, I'd get a dedicated GPS.
    06-03-08 10:47 PM
    Check out the maps function in yahoo go beta 3, it's real time gps tracking and has satelite view option. Also in the map view it has a ghosted sat. View overlaid on top which is pretty cool. It also has a search function.
    06-03-08 11:21 PM
    I am debating the jump to add the $15 a month data plan on my phone which would allow access to my GPS. BB has Maps, and then the google maps, but do either tell you turn by turn directions or is this something only available with a unit you put in your car?

Thanks
    06-15-08 08:18 PM
    I believe Google will tell you turn by turn directions but it will not SPEAK them. There are some freeware gps programs that do turn by turn and use voices to tell you about up-coming turns.
    06-15-08 09:11 PM
    does nav4all give turn by turn directions?
    06-22-08 07:54 AM
    does nav4all give turn by turn directions?
    Yes - Nav4all gives spoken turn by turn directions, and is quite accurate.
    06-22-08 08:00 AM
    06-22-08 09:42 AM
    Was in New York City for work, going to meet some locals for dinner/drinks after a visit with their customer. These two work in the city and have for the last three years, both born and raised there, it was my first visit ever. They were running late, asked me to meet them at the corner of Broadway and Canal but couldn't figure out where I was standing so couldn't give me good directions. I fired up Google Maps, let it find my location (within nearest 1700m...no portable GPS yet), and then looked for Canal. Long story longer, I made it there way before them and got the next series of instructions to meet them in Little Italy...

Later that night, we impressed some, ah....visitors...by being able to have the Pearl show us Omsk, Siberia on a map. Couldn't find a route from NYC to there, though....
    06-22-08 01:49 PM
    downloaded nav4all, it works great. just went to get dinner 21 miles away, and the gps works great, every turn, etc is right. recommended it. thanks for the link
    06-22-08 08:38 PM
    Try this link.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/bes...you-can-43419/

It's a similiar thread with links for different GPS apps.
    06-22-08 08:49 PM
    Thanks for the info. Have been wondering the same thing, too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-08 09:03 AM
    I rock google maps on my pearl... It rocks, remembers your search for quick reference. Has turn by turn directions and has street and satalite view. As well as a quick search ei search coffee and it will bring up a list a places that have coffee. Gives you directions/location , web page link, phone number, and store info if available. visit Google Maps and have fun...
    06-25-08 09:40 AM
    Just uninstalled copilot and installed nav4all. Copilot would not calculate long distances...
    06-25-08 12:06 PM
    I use livesearchmobile and it works great. works better than my garmin at times
    06-28-08 06:28 AM
    The BEST __FREE__ GPS program that I have tried is amAze GPS.. it's pretty awesome too with turn by turn directions with voice, and map views.. it also has Sat. map viewing too! ..and best of all, it's all free! Google it and search for amaze gps... I tried Nav4All and it was good, but not as good as this.. however, you DO have to have a data plan for this- and I would STRONGLY recommend UNLIMITED data because it's going to require alot of data usage.. I only pay 30/month for unlim with AT&T.. Hope this helps out!
    06-28-08 05:16 PM
    Does Nav for all work with the 8130 pearl ? All I can see is one for the 8100 and thats it. I dont want to download it and ruin my phone.

And for the curious whom has been following my data/no data debat I kept having with myself, as I was having issues adding my mothers phone onto my plan as a month to month and it not working for two weeks, I got unlimited data for free by means of a reoccouring $15 credit for the remainder of my Telus days so now I can run GPS

I am running BB maps and Google maps, but I need something that talks to me and is free.
    07-10-08 08:15 PM
    PS: How do you upload .jad files ???
    07-10-08 08:21 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD