There is piece on SmartMoney today (6/6/08, E*Trade Makes It Easier To Trade On The BlackBerry--sorry, you need to google for it as I am not allowed to post URL yet--I need to have 10 posts first, I guess) that E-trade is giving its account holders a free application, called E-trade Mobile Pro, that will let them get real-time stock quotes and trade on their phones. And lucky for us, it's available first on BB.
    However, I couldn't find any mention of the application at the E-trade website (I have an account with them), not to mention the link to download it. Nor do I find anything here at Crackberry that refers to this application for BB either.
    Anybody has come across it and know where to download it?
    06-06-08 11:51 PM
    Ok, I did some more digging:
    --It is announced at (www dot etrade dot com slash mobile). You need to access it from the desktop instead of from your BB. If you try to access it from BB, which was what I did, you end up with the old etrade page on mobile phone.
    --The page at (www dot etrade dot com slash mobile) says it's "available soon", not this past thur (6/5/08) as the SmartMoney article has indicated. It does have a pretty slick demo of the features that would be available. It includes free real time streaming quote, watch list, trading/options, graphs, etc. Very impressive. I can't wait to try it out.
    06-07-08 01:59 PM
    Nice find.
    06-07-08 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD