Is anyone else unhappy with the way Nemory Studios market their apps? Some time back I paid what was described as a one time only fee for Whatsapp for my BlackBerry Classic. It works, no problems, but now it needs an update and they want more money from me. So much for one time only.
    I've just tried to install Skype, it's listed as free on their website but clicking "Download" leads straight to Paypal. OK I understand that Nemory do good and clever work developing software to enable apps to run on our phones and they deserve to earn money for doing it, but be honest and tell me at the outset that I will be charged, and tell me how much. Are they deliberately secretive, or are they just clever geeks who don't relate well to the world outside their labs?
    03-25-20 05:49 AM
    Anyone unhappy with Nemory Studios????
    03-25-20 07:00 AM
    Recalling earlier posts here “don’t buy any Nemory stuff”. Main reasons
    - apps don’t work
    - apps are not apps, just wrappers
    - apps don’t add anything. In case of eg WA, no added value, android wa runs fine without Nemory

Will stand corrected when remembering wrong.
    03-25-20 08:56 AM
    Also, most of his paid wrapped apps were available free otherwise.

There was some data collection going on at one point. Maybe still is.
    03-25-20 09:01 AM
    Is anyone else unhappy with the way Nemory Studios market their apps? Some time back I paid what was described as a one time only fee for Whatsapp for my BlackBerry Classic. It works, no problems, but now it needs an update and they want more money from me. So much for one time only.
    I've just tried to install Skype, it's listed as free on their website but clicking "Download" leads straight to Paypal. OK I understand that Nemory do good and clever work developing software to enable apps to run on our phones and they deserve to earn money for doing it, but be honest and tell me at the outset that I will be charged, and tell me how much. Are they deliberately secretive, or are they just clever geeks who don't relate well to the world outside their labs?
    If you were to do a search here on the CB Forums you would find 42 million posts about Nemory and why no one should EVER purchase anything from him. Virtually no one here will recommend these "apps".
    03-25-20 09:17 AM
    And there was me believing he was BlackBerry approved in some way. Does this mean there are other ways to get apps like Whatsapp and Skype? I've not found them.
    03-25-20 10:34 AM
    And there was me believing he was BlackBerry approved in some way. Does this mean there are other ways to get apps like Whatsapp and Skype? I've not found them.
    WhatsApp is downloaded and installed directly from their website: https://www.whatsapp.com/android/ but not sure if there is still a Skype apk that works. The last one I tried (long ago) worked but absolutely chonked my battery so I got rid of it. Oh, if the WA app gives you a warning box about needing Play Services to work, just tap outside the box and away you go.
    03-25-20 10:56 AM
    Also most on here use web stores such as ApkMirror or ApkPure or F-Droid for android apps. You will probably need older apk versions (compatible with android 4.3) to find one that works.
    03-25-20 10:58 AM
    WhatsApp:

www.whatsApp.com/android

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/skype/...-apk-download/
    03-25-20 01:12 PM
    Well you should ask how @TrumpetTiger really feels about Nemory Studios, Oliver and his app business....
    03-25-20 01:27 PM
    Wow been a time I heard complaints about Nemory

The way out has already been shown in the post of the fellow Crackberrians.
    03-25-20 02:09 PM
    Nothing more can be drawn from this thread. It'll just degrade to a bash Nemory thread from here on out, so alas, shutting er down.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    03-25-20 04:59 PM