http://walmart.letstalk.com/product/product.htm?prId=34661

Not sure what the LetsTalk site is... take with a grain of salt.
    12-08-08 10:43 PM
    went and checked it out apparently part of walmart.com. Never heard of it before looks like a two year contract renewal would get you a new bold for 199.00. Very very interesting to least for me.
    12-08-08 11:09 PM
    LetsTalk is an online phone retailer. You're not actually buying from wal-mart but from them. You are also required to go with the unlimited everything plan and can't change your plan for 6 months in order to get that price
    12-08-08 11:43 PM
    I never really like shopping with agents...thats just my personal preference...I mean...it sounds like a good deal, but I usually see ppl having problems. I guess trust your instinct on this one.
    12-09-08 12:06 AM
    Lots of people have had success with ordering from letstalk without any problrms. You just need to make sure you read all the fine print.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 09:18 AM
    letstalk isnt bad as long as u follow everything right. or u will be a world of hurt
    12-09-08 09:36 AM
    Up until I got my 8820 (the last phone I had before this one) all of my upgrades were through Walmart/Let's Talk, and I never had any problems.

12-09-08 11:28 AM
    Very interesting and welcome to CB.

Bienvenido a casa.

Salam!
    12-09-08 12:27 PM
    Heard WalMart is going to start selling Iphones too soon.
    12-10-08 01:04 PM
    Heard WalMart is going to start selling Iphones too soon.
    AppleInsider | Reports: $99 Wal-Mart iPhone would be atypical, risky move
    12-11-08 07:43 AM
    They are; I've seen the training manuals at work and the training info on how to activate it on the new computers the connection center got specifically because of the iPhone.

12-11-08 12:17 PM
    This is gross.

To think such a nice, premium device will be sold at Wal-Mart...

Is a Travesty.
    12-11-08 12:20 PM
    I got my tmobile wing from lets talk last year. I never had any problems with the phone so I don't know how it would've been handled. Tmobile did send me a battery because of a recall.
    12-11-08 12:55 PM
    I'm sure your joking about it being a travesty. Plus they aren't sold at Walmart its just through walmart. I got my Bold from them for 50 dollars. I did the 900 minute plan because I average about 790 or so.
    Also, before I ordered it online I went to the AT&T store down the block and asked how much. They wanted 400. No rebates nothing, I told the clerk that walmart was free. She says, "well yea but thats if you wanna go to a walmart, thats like you know the bargain basement." I basically told her to go **** herself and bought it at from letstalk with overnight shipping for 14 dollars on thursday at noon and had my bold with my number ported delivered at 1003 on friday.
    12-11-08 04:36 PM
    Where else can you get a bold, a trucker hat, somewhat fresh produce, and people watch while laughing your a** off.... I love walmart!!

12-13-08 11:32 AM
    I still feel that it is a travesty.

A premium device, should not be sold at such a gross place as Wal Mart.

If you can't fork over 400, then get a pearl.

No one said you HAD to get the Bold anyway.

There's trillions of other BlackBerry's out now a days anyway.
    12-13-08 11:53 AM
    OK...it's not being sold AT wal-mart. I know the walmarts I have around me don't even sell AT&T phone. I don't think that AT&T is part of their connection center. It is being sold by letstalk.com which is a 3rd party vendor who wal-mart has a partnership for walmart.com.
    12-13-08 03:09 PM
    OK...it's not being sold AT wal-mart. I know the walmarts I have around me don't even sell AT&T phone. I don't think that AT&T is part of their connection center. It is being sold by letstalk.com which is a 3rd party vendor who wal-mart has a partnership for walmart.com.
    Oh, well that's a different story then.

I just can't picture BlackBerry's being sold at Wal Mart stores.

If that were the case, than I'd feel like RIM was becoming a sell out.
    12-13-08 03:15 PM
    Where else can you get a bold, a trucker hat, somewhat fresh produce, and people watch while laughing your a** off.... I love walmart!!
    And don't forget your rifles. Pick up a Blackberry along with a Bolt Action Rifle!

But seriously, after that clerk said "well yea but thats if you wanna go to a walmart, thats like you know the bargain basement." ... I would have said "AND....?"

It's like, if something happens to your phone during the service period it is not Walmart that will be fixing it. What exactly does she mean by the bargain basement comment? Is someone somehow soiled personally by getting a phone for $400 less than they are selling it for at her rip-offs-R-us store?

12-18-08 01:03 PM
    Heh; people-watching, indeed. Up here there are three WMs in the area (go figure) and the north one is placed to attract people from all the farming communities. Where else can I see Maw Kettle, clearly just in off the farm, trundling her cart around and wearing a bluetooth earpiece? Priceless!

Yeah, that clerk was out of line.
    12-18-08 01:23 PM
    I'm about buy my bold from letstalk.com they are way cheaper and if you're buying a smartphone then you need the plans they stick you in anyway.
    12-18-08 01:57 PM
    I got my 8310 from wirefly.com the wifes razor. No problems whatsoever and I can upgrade through them as well.

12-19-08 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD