ok i had 2 previous smart phones before i switched to bb. the shadow and the other one. sheesh forgot the name, touch screen. anyways when i didn't pay my bill on time, they would cut it off, but if i had my wifi on, i would still be able to use my phone. internet wise, receive email and browse, if i put in my simcard, im pretty sure i can use them. now i have bb, and i have wifi on, but i cant do anything. even tho my service is cut off. what's up with that?
    10-29-09 08:43 PM
    What do you when "i cant do anything"?

What are you trying to do and what can't you do?

And what exactly would you expect to be able to do "even tho my service is cut off"?
    10-30-09 06:06 AM
    i would still be able to use my phone. internet wise, receive email and browse
    Motorcycle Mama - I think Moneymals was able to use the wi-fi network to access the browser and receive emails through the wi-fi set up on their phone regardless of having no phone services available on it.

I would expect you to still be able to browse and receive emails through the wi-fi network you are attached to even when the phone services are not available!?!?

Moneymals, have you checked your 'wi-fi connections' settings?
    10-30-09 06:40 AM
    Read up on the threads of what will and will not work with just WiFi. BB email will not work. You should be able to browse using the WAP browser. Googlemaps I know uses the data plan connection only.

If you cannot browse with the WAP browser, I would guess that the service books for the WiFi were removed with the rest of your service books. You will have to try to manually add it (if possible).
    10-30-09 07:35 AM
    And you won't be able to get email pushed to the device without a BlackBerry Data Plan (over WiFi or otherwise). It's a BlackBerry and not "some other smartphone".

Or, you might just try paying your bill. Sheesh.
    10-30-09 11:05 AM
    This thread amuses me, please continue.
    10-30-09 11:27 AM
    This thread amuses me, please continue.
    Me too Radius...

I have co-workers that seem to have this problem every month. They are always getting their phones "cut off", because they don't want to have a monthly plan that cost more than $30 bucks, but always go over the talk and or text limits and have a bill that's more like $75 to $200, because they have not figured out how to adjust their usage or up their plans to what they should be, so they won't get shut down because they can't pay the bill.

My fave question from them is.... "Can I borrow some money to get my phone turned on?" My fave answer is... "How about asking someone you get calls from?", after which I'm normally called a dumbjerk or an A-hole.
    I mean why ask someone that never calls you? If I want to get ahold of you I just tap you on the shoulder at work!

Lesson learned... do not get your phone cut off and expect to do anything other than pay the bill.
    10-30-09 02:14 PM
    What?! it doesn't have anything to do with money. I got a bunch of other bills. So shut that mess up about a tracfone. What am 12?! No, grown so don't ever try to play me. I was just just asking about wifi. Not ur input on my bill.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 07:40 PM
    it doesn't have anything to do with money. I got a bunch of other bills.
    10-30-09 08:25 PM
    What?! it doesn't have anything to do with money. I got a bunch of other bills. So shut that mess up about a tracfone. What am 12?! No, grown so don't ever try to play me. I was just just asking about wifi. Not ur input on my bill.
    Well, your original post sounded as if it was posted by a 12 year old.

If you want to be taken seriously (aside from the "what can I do when my service is constantly cut off issue" which limits anyone being able to take you seriously), try posting your question with complete sentences and some punctuation and let's try again.

Leave out the part about your service getting cut off. Just say that your phone isn't currently active with any particular carrier.
    10-30-09 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD