MWC 2012 : RIM BlackBerry Playbook OS 2.0
    Mostly a video, simple and neutral returns (remote, mail, android apps...)
    But the text bellow the video ends with :
    "Provided a few days ago, the new version of the Tablet OS (2.0) changes the game by addressing the main shortcomings of the tablet. Marketed at a knockdown price - it is found around 200 - it is really a very good deal."

03-03-12 01:29 PM
    For sure that's true.
    RIM made a mistake when launching the Playbook :
    a too high selling price for what it was providing (or for what was missing at that time).
    200 Dollards cheaper would have made of it a best seller...or OS2 for the same selling price at launch time would also have made of it a best seller.
    Last edited by xnwrx; 03-03-12 at 01:46 PM.
    03-03-12 01:43 PM
    I thought it was good with 1.08 when I got the PB, but besides the calendar/mail/remote bridging features added (which I agree totally change the game) everything is that much faster and still just as smooth. The price is very competitive when you look at other devices and they're pricing. The PB is definitely one of the top tabs on the market (especially with2.0) and one of the cheapest!
    03-03-12 09:55 PM
    Nice to see fair reviews coming from around the world. Things are looking way up! Not everyone has their blinders on.
    03-03-12 10:32 PM
    I paid $199 for mine and was glad I did before the 27th of february! A very great deal and best tablet I have!
    03-03-12 10:53 PM
  6. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Nice to see fair reviews coming from around the world. Things are looking way up! Not everyone has their blinders on.
    I AGREE! as more actually see and USE it .. and explore all the cool new features! .. like me! .. its more and more amazing!!!! .... finding out new uses daily!!! ....
    03-04-12 02:21 AM
    So frustrating PlayBook has the hardware, kf has a substantial app market . When I bought my PlayBook I assumed hardware was far more important. The kf is a hollow shell in comparison. I assumed many of the shortcomings of the PB would be fixed with the 2.0 update. Now I am beginning to feel disenchanted ,there are many useless and trivial apps. BB APP WORLD is looking alot like Apps lib. This is the app market for Android devices that are not approved by Android i e-Coby Kyros. I have yet to see apps that take full advantage of the capabilities of the PB hardware. As a photographer, l was hoping to use the PB with my camera in the field via Eye-First card and also have a native gallery app that allows me to organize photos in a way that I choose. Sideloading can lead to quirky behavior, 3rd party flkr's and Betty Boop in Photo and Video are insulting!! It would be fantastic to see something that uses The PlayBook's hardware to it's full potential. I sick of going through apps that are fun for the feeble minded, hoping against hope that something substantial will appear.
    Last edited by Apelles1; 03-07-12 at 07:49 AM.
    03-07-12 07:46 AM
    So frustrating PlayBook has the hardware, kf has a substantial app market . When I bought my PlayBook I assumed hardware was far more important. The kf is a hollow shell in comparison. I assumed many of the shortcomings of the PB would be fixed with the 2.0 update. Now I am beginning to feel disenchanted ,there are many useless and trivial apps. BB APP WORLD is looking alot like Apps lib. This is the app market for Android devices that are not approved by Android i e-Coby Kyros. I have yet to see apps that take full advantage of the capabilities of the PB hardware. As a photographer, l was hoping to use the PB with my camera in the field via Eye-First card and also have a native gallery app that allows me to organize photos in a way that I choose. Sideloading can lead to quirky behavior, 3rd party flkr's and Betty Boop in Photo and Video are insulting!! It would be fantastic to see something that uses The PlayBook's hardware to it's full potential. I sick of going through apps that are fun for the feeble minded, hoping against hope that something substantial will appear.
    AppWorld for Playbook real launch (read 2.0) is only a few months old.
    Developers seem to understand there's here a real opportunity, even in a smaller market.
    Hopefully, it won't be long until we see "hits" within AppWorld, but we'll probably have to wait a couple of months again.
    03-08-12 04:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD