I've been several times reporting that there was few or no media coverage of RIM's announcements, to the point I stated the word "RIM" being forgotten by IT commentators ...
    Today, my google alert screening (Playbook 2.0) came out with this ...

While it is no "big news" to us, the amount of site relaying this info is quite bigger that anything since OS 2.0 release.
    Good news ... the word is spreading, the world (i.e : extended outside N.A) is listening ...

P.S: "Le nouvel Observateur" (#1 link) is a very popular Weekly magazine and is not specialized in high tech; nice exposure.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-16-12 at 03:41 AM.
    Zirak likes this.
    03-16-12 03:38 AM
    Superfly,
    I love your enthusiasm man.

Of late I've been in a rut BB vise since my 9900 is six months old and the BB10 phone is six months away. Getting bored. Have the new gadget itch.
    03-16-12 03:45 AM
    P.S (2) : They mostly relay the ZDNET.fr's article, which is balanced. Abstract below :

[...] Recently released PlayBook OS 2.0 has certainly improved things (mail client integrated, support networks and social BBM, compatibility with Android applications), but a transition to BlackBerry OS 10 will offer a new lease of life beneficial to RIM's tablet.
    03-16-12 03:46 AM
    Superfly,

Of late I've been in a rut BB vise since my 9900 is six months old and the BB10 phone is six months away. Getting bored. Have the new gadget itch.
    I'm sure you'll be delighted to scratch your wallet and gain a BB10 phone
    And for PB users (I must say I'm a little PB centric) ... we'll just have to tap a notification , no hardware evolved here.

edit : thx button is away ...
    zethaaron likes this.
    03-16-12 03:51 AM
    I rely enjoy getting the news form around the world. Thanks for posting, to all that chose to post. France (superfly) India!, England some from Thailand, China & Russia. It's great, I hope more people do it.
    Last edited by Dapper37; 03-16-12 at 04:03 AM.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-16-12 03:56 AM
    Superfly,

Sam_b77 its understandable to get the itch. Why don't you go get an Android phone to tie you over before BB10, you could let us know what you think. At least coming from you CBers would like/believe the source.
    Anyway, I wait for BB10. I hope maybe sooner than six months.
    03-16-12 04:02 AM
    It'd be good to see more positive media coverage of RIM, BB10 and the Playbook.
    03-16-12 04:28 AM
    I don't think the media has fallen back in love with RIM. This is just all the RIM news to report, so it's being reported.
    03-16-12 06:37 AM
    I don't think the media has fallen back in love with RIM. This is just all the RIM news to report, so it's being reported.
    In previous post/thread, I was more specific (about media "bashing" RIM in N.A).
    I was reporting that there was no such bashing behavior in France but the word "RIM" had simply disappeared from the media, even during major events, like CES.
    Such a secondary news would never had reached general media maybe 6 months ago, this is what I'm pointing out here.

P.S: please also note love has been quoted in the title
    03-16-12 07:11 AM
    Awesome. Even though I can't read french, this is a great thing. Exposure, is good stuff.
    03-16-12 08:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD