Not sure where to post this news, but here it goes.

As per the below article, Foxconn is planning to setup facilities in India. No solid thing on BB though, but it would be good it they could setup manufacturing units for BB's that it would help growth of BB considering the population in here and that if devices are manufactured here, the prices would be less and could attract more people.

?Make in India? gets boost, Foxconn plans new Indian facilities by 2020 | Gizmodo India
    05-31-15 02:26 PM
    Sounds interesting. Hopefully we'll see some good devices and a pump to the economy of India.
    06-01-15 08:32 AM
    I'm not sure we should celebrate Foxconn's expansion anywhere. This company is notorious for their use of overtime leading to work-days that are dangerously long, their wages are low, the living conditions of their employees are notoriously awful, they're known to have employed underage minors, they have overlong work weeks, their facilities are policed by armed guards, they drive their workers to suicide and they won't allow their employees to unionize. I realize that some will defend their manufacturing processes by suggesting that they're no worse than their competitors, but that would be a weak defense. I know that it's true for all manufacturers of handsets, but not a day goes by that I don't consider the relationship between the products I use and the working and living conditions of those who make those products.

Posted via CB10
    passport1, skibnik and BeautyEh like this.
    06-01-15 12:51 PM
    I don't think Foxconn is worse than any other large manufacturing company in China/SE Asia. Because they make alot of Apple products they also get alot of media scrutiny, meanwhile the companies that make products for other mobile skate by.
    hoopitz likes this.
    06-01-15 01:00 PM
    I'm not sure we should celebrate Foxconn's expansion anywhere. This company is notorious for their use of overtime leading to work-days that are dangerously long, their wages are low, the living conditions of their employees are notoriously awful, they're known to have employed underage minors, they have overlong work weeks, their facilities are policed by armed guards, they drive their workers to suicide and they won't allow their employees to unionize. I realize that some will defend their manufacturing processes by suggesting that they're no worse than their competitors, but that would be a weak defense. I know that it's true for all manufacturers of handsets, but not a day goes by that I don't consider the relationship between the products I use and the working and living conditions of those who make those products.

Posted via CB10

The Indian government needs to step in and prevent this from happening!
    06-01-15 01:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Luckily the laws in india are very employee friendly. A Foxconn factory was recently shutdown in Chennai, India. India requires a major investment in industries, but not at the cost of human sufferings.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 01:56 PM
    Luckily the laws in india are very employee friendly. A Foxconn factory was recently shutdown in Chennai, India. India requires a major investment in industries, but not at the cost of human sufferings.

Posted via CB10
    Employee friendly?! Sorry but how about asking all the garment workers families that died in a building collapse a few years ago if this is the case?

Loving my Passport!
    Cynycl likes this.
    06-02-15 07:55 AM
    This is an out of context statement.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 08:37 AM
    I kinda think the deal between Foxconn and BlackBerry isn't all that important anymore.... didn't they give the production of the LEAP to another manufacture?
    06-02-15 09:24 AM
    Employee friendly?! Sorry but how about asking all the garment workers families that died in a building collapse a few years ago if this is the case?

Loving my Passport!
    Was that in india?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 09:53 AM
    If I am not mistaken that was in Bangladesh.

Loving my Passport!

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 01:31 AM