While I personally dislike FOX (although they gave us Married with Children ), I'm not sure why all the bashing? Were the facts in the article about companies who have fallen from grace inaccurate? Did those things not really happen and were all fabricated in order to shame the beloved RIM? I'm curious..because I haven't heard anyone refute the article for inaccuracies. All's I've seen is people wanting to shoot the messenger..
    Does this really sound acurate tou you?:

"Once high-flying RIM, the maker of the very popular Blackberry line of smartphones, is today fighting for its very survival, battling to keep its core business in the face of a string of service outages and far-cooler technology from its competitors.
    "

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-11 01:35 PM
    Ya know, this is becoming all too familiar. I'm not saying it can't happen, but I think we need a little history lesson here.

I'm sure a lot of you youngsters haven't a clue about this famous moment:

Surely though, many of you woke up Nov 8, 2000 positive this guy was president:

Heck, some of you, thanks to spectacular reporting still do.

Then there's a few examples of premature deaths announced here:
    List of premature obituaries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Take a deep breath people. There's a long road ahead.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-14-11 01:37 PM
    i refuse to read or watch anything that Faux News puts out.
    FOX News is horrible i totally agree with you here. Anyone who would hire Sarah Palin clearly loves stupidity.
    11-14-11 01:42 PM

"Once high-flying RIM, the maker of the very popular Blackberry line of smartphones, is today fighting for its very survival, battling to keep its core business in the face of a string of service outages and far-cooler technology from its competitors.
    "
    Ummm..yes actually. That about sums it up imo.

Once high flying? - Check
    Battling to keep its core business? - Check- As more and more businesses allow employees to use their own phones, more and more are choosing other platforms.
    String of service outages? - Check
    Far cooler technology? - Check - Still no Wifi hotspot capabilities, no FFC, lack of games, apps etc.
    Fighting for its very survival? - Check - When the stock has gone below book value, and perhaps still on it's way down, making them the target of potential hostile take-overs, i'd say they're "fighting" for their lives. But that's just my take.
    11-14-11 01:47 PM

"

Actually yea it does lol, I didn't read the article but if that's one of the quotes it is pretty accurate in my opinion.
    11-14-11 01:50 PM
    FOX News is horrible i totally agree with you here. Anyone who would hire Sarah Palin clearly loves stupidity.
    CNN is not any more favorable toward RIM. It was a CNN tech reviewer who called the Playbook "the herpes of tablets".
    11-14-11 01:52 PM
    Ummm..yes actually. That about sums it up imo.

Once high flying? - Check
    Battling to keep its core business? - Check- As more and more businesses allow employees to use their own phones, more and more are choosing other platforms.
    String of service outages? - Check
    Far cooler technology? - Check - Still no Wifi hotspot capabilities, no FFC, lack of games, apps etc.
    Fighting for its very survival? - Check - When the stock has gone below book value, and perhaps still on it's way down, making them the target of potential hostile take-overs, i'd say they're "fighting" for their lives. But that's just my take.
    High flying? They now have more subscribers then ever
    Battling to keep core business? At the last earnings call they increased their BES server sales and they had record service charges earnings

11-14-11 01:53 PM
    CNN is not any more favorable toward RIM. It was a CNN tech reviewer who called the Playbook "the herpes of tablets".
    I'm not here to really debate what news sources are better. I actually read Al Jazeera for the most part because they don't censor like american news channels. Also the playbook is in the category along with the xoom, and all these other tablets who were supposed to be solid competition for the iPad. I mean even RIM loyals can't argue against that the Playbook did pretty darn bad.
    11-14-11 01:55 PM
    Anyone who would hire Sarah Palin clearly loves stupidity.
    Right, clearly you're smarter

( sarcasm )
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 11-14-11 at 01:59 PM.
    11-14-11 01:57 PM
    I'm not here to really debate what news sources are better. I actually read Al Jazeera for the most part because they don't censor like american news channels. Also the playbook is in the category along with the xoom, and all these other tablets who were supposed to be solid competition for the iPad. I mean even RIM loyals can't argue against that the Playbook did pretty darn bad.
    I actually have no intention in debating which news sources are best. Basically, I'm just saying there are no differences in liberal or conservative news media opinions and coverage of RIM. Politics are a diiferent story, but tech products tend to get similar coverage.
    11-14-11 02:00 PM
    I actually have no intention in debating which news sources are best. Basically, I'm just saying there are no differences in liberal or conservative news media opinions and coverage of RIM. Politics are a diiferent story, but tech products tend to get similar coverage.
    Good point it's more of like a follow the leader thing seems like.
    11-14-11 02:03 PM
    For the love of god, leave politics out of Crackberry. There's enough of that BS everywhere else.

11-14-11 02:07 PM
    Let's focus on the topic. Who believes which news outlet, and what opinion one has about said outlet, or the people who watch it is completely irrelevant.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-14-11 02:11 PM
    Wow. So that's all it takes to be a "journalist" on Fox News? Find 5 or 6 companies whose histories broadly resemble RIM's (and many other companies'), and then paint it as a warning to RIM? I am sure the CEOs of almost any tech company can site many may examples of this stuff and think of it all the time. That is their business.

The author's not "wrong", but that's not news to most.
    11-14-11 03:03 PM
    High flying? They now have more subscribers then ever
    Oh..well..I guess I'm mistaken then! RIM is at the top of their game apparently. Clearly RIM is still the world leader when it comes to cellphone technology, and everyone else is struggling to compete! Wait...what year is this again? Oh that's right..it's not 2005 anymore

I don't care how many third world "subscribers" they've added into their portfolio. RIM isn't what they once were in the tech world. If you can't see that..then I guess we both live on different planets.
    11-14-11 03:47 PM
    This thread has been thoroughly roasted, move along now -- go shake your ePeens elsewhere.
    11-14-11 04:26 PM
116 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD