09-16-12 11:12 PM
    Good find. Pretty interesting. If RIM can weather the storm and maintain clear supremacy in physical qwerty devices, I do think lots of folks will come back.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    shemaree09 likes this.
    09-16-12 11:53 PM
    Interesting indeed. Its nice to see iPhone users being honest about their experiences, and taking the time to notice Blackberry's latest offering (9900). I am also an iPhone-back-to-Blackberry user and I could relate to everything they mentioned.
    09-17-12 09:09 AM
    Some very interesting sentiments in the thread and if found thoughout the user community could portend what i think will happen when BB10 comes out: people realize they have a fabnulous experience especially with browsing on the BB10 (one of the suppposed weaknesses now with the current OS) and they have a fabulous keyboard. So they ditch the iPhone for the BB10 because they no longer need it. Especially those people who carry both phones will say, "you know what? the BB10 does everything I need it do do and is cool."
    09-17-12 11:36 AM
    Some very interesting sentiments in the thread and if found thoughout the user community could portend what i think will happen when BB10 comes out: people realize they have a fabnulous experience especially with browsing on the BB10 (one of the suppposed weaknesses now with the current OS) and they have a fabulous keyboard. So they ditch the iPhone for the BB10 because they no longer need it. Especially those people who carry both phones will say, "you know what? the BB10 does everything I need it do do and is cool."
    The browsing experience isn't a supposed weakness as mentioned here, it is a OBVIOUS BLATANT weakness. I believe BB10 will remedy this though, let's hope Blackberry has a great ad campaign though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-17-12 11:48 AM
    You know what my favourite part of that thread is? Nobody called the OP or any of the Blackberry users "trolls" just because they like a different device. Imagine that concept...
    09-17-12 12:08 PM
    You know what my favourite part of that thread is? Nobody called the OP or any of the Blackberry users "trolls" just because they like a different device. Imagine that concept...
    Crackberry and androidcentral are very hostile compared to iMore

BlackStormRising likes this.
    09-17-12 01:11 PM
    It's very different to say "I prefer iOS, and here's why..." or "I prefer Android and here's why..." than it is to say "I hate BlackBerry, and here's why..." on a BB fan site. If a poster is enlightened, they'll always post only when it actually adds value to the discussion, and they'll post POSITIVES, rather than NEGATIVES (even if the analysis of the positive would lead to a negative... saying iOS is better implies that BlackBerry is "worse", but not saying it that way DOES count for something.)

Honey, vinegar, flies, do unto others, etc. all apply here. Only a troll would criticize someone for outlining their rationale behind their preference... but a troll will try to turn every discussion to their rationale, even when it's not really pertinent.

I try to be positive when I post, that is, I don't say what about Apple or Android phones and tablets I find inferior to BlackBerry products, but likewise, I don't react too well when people don't learn how to NOT bring up irrelevant data points, just to denigrate RIM products on this, a RIM / BlackBerry fan site.

When is it suitable to espouse another platform? When someone says "I'm having this trouble on my BlackBerry... is there a way to over come that" it is legitimate to say "On Android, it works like this"... and "On iOS, it works like this."

But if someone says "I love my BlackBerry", saying "BlackBerry is inferior to iOS and Android in the following ways" is appropriate... well, pretty much never.
    09-17-12 01:52 PM
    It's very different to say "I prefer iOS, and here's why..." or "I prefer Android and here's why..." than it is to say "I hate BlackBerry, and here's why..." on a BB fan site. If a poster is enlightened, they'll always post only when it actually adds value to the discussion, and they'll post POSITIVES, rather than NEGATIVES (even if the analysis of the positive would lead to a negative... saying iOS is better implies that BlackBerry is "worse", but not saying it that way DOES count for something.)

Honey, vinegar, flies, do unto others, etc. all apply here. Only a troll would criticize someone for outlining their rationale behind their preference... but a troll will try to turn every discussion to their rationale, even when it's not really pertinent.

I try to be positive when I post, that is, I don't say what about Apple or Android phones and tablets I find inferior to BlackBerry products, but likewise, I don't react too well when people don't learn how to NOT bring up irrelevant data points, just to denigrate RIM products on this, a RIM / BlackBerry fan site.

When is it suitable to espouse another platform? When someone says "I'm having this trouble on my BlackBerry... is there a way to over come that" it is legitimate to say "On Android, it works like this"... and "On iOS, it works like this."

But if someone says "I love my BlackBerry", saying "BlackBerry is inferior to iOS and Android in the following ways" is appropriate... well, pretty much never.
    If everyone thought like you, this would be a nicer place to hang out. Unfortunately, it rarely works out that way in practice.
    anon(4018671) and Berry_Pink like this.
    09-17-12 02:00 PM
    Great to see a thread anywhere that is both "civil' and helpful to the OP.....
    09-17-12 02:01 PM
    I thought the mods were supposed to be cracking down by banning and handing out strikes?
    lorax1284 and Jake Storm like this.
    09-17-12 02:08 PM
    I thought the mods were supposed to be cracking down by banning and handing out strikes?
    Oh, but that they would. yes, reading that thread was a breath of fresh air. I didn't see anything critical, but did see people saying "just give a touchscreen keyboard a chance, you'll get used to it" which is a fair comment. I think the OP said she'd been at it since December (the topic began in July) and if you haven't got the hang of touchscreen keyboard in 6 months, I think it doesn't bode well.

I have long-ish nails sometimes and that really impacts my ability to type on a touchscreen device... being male, that's a rare thing, but for her, perhaps her fingernails are interfering with her touchscreen typing ability. If I would keep my thumbnails cut to the quick, I'm sure I'd be better at all-touchscreen typing, but thumbnails about 2 mm long are so handy (mine are very strong so they're great for all kinds of tasks.)
    09-17-12 02:53 PM
    Crackberry and androidcentral are very hostile compared to iMore. Doesn't really matter how you post here talking about another platform the trolls will come.

09-17-12 02:54 PM
    Crackberry and androidcentral are very hostile compared to iMore. Doesn't really matter how you post here talking about another platform the trolls will come.
    so... what you're implying is... android and blackberry users don't spend their time on apple sites trolling, but apple users DO spend time on android and blackberry sites trolling?

I know that's NOT what you're saying... but in light of my two previous posts on this thread, I couldn't resist being a hypocrite-for-humour.
    09-17-12 02:58 PM
    Lots of people use more than one platform, like myself, and should be able to have an intellectual conversations about them on any Site without name calling and harassment. I can't believe what I see on here sometimes.
    digitalman101 likes this.
    09-17-12 04:26 PM
    People will decide for themselves what is right and wrong, unless you add the media to the mix and then watch out.

Media is the devil.
    09-17-12 05:21 PM
    It's very different to say "I prefer iOS, and here's why..." or "I prefer Android and here's why..." than it is to say "I hate BlackBerry, and here's why..." on a BB fan site. If a poster is enlightened, they'll always post only when it actually adds value to the discussion, and they'll post POSITIVES, rather than NEGATIVES (even if the analysis of the positive would lead to a negative... saying iOS is better implies that BlackBerry is "worse", but not saying it that way DOES count for something.).
    I disagree. As "enlightened" individuals, not fanboys, it doesn't matter if you say something is "better" or "worse'. Simply say it, then everyone can be grown-ups and evaluate it rationally rather than emotionally. No need to sugar-coat it so that it will be palatable to some completely subjective degree.

Still, I agree with much of what you say here, but it's hypocritical coming from you. You have absolutely violated the tenants you espouse here. You have been very aggressive, and you most certainly have not always been "positive' towards other devices. Once you started an entire thread requesting all comparisons to ios/android, which you classified as "whining" be removed:

http://forums.crackberry.com/site-qu...0/#post6791999

I think you should examine, and rethink your own behavior before lecturing others.

IN A THREAD DISCUSSING BRIDGE:

my nexus one on tmobile has a one click hotspot wit no additional carrier charges and i can connect i believe up to 5 devices possibly more. i had 3 of my friends surfing the net on their laptops off my nexus one while i was on a phonecall on a recent trip. got my eye on the prime next!
    go away, troll.
    09-17-12 05:27 PM
    The browsing experience isn't a supposed weakness as mentioned here, it is a OBVIOUS BLATANT weakness. I believe BB10 will remedy this though, let's hope Blackberry has a great ad campaign though.

I've never had a problem browsing on my 9900. I have had a chance to play with various friends iPhones and never noticed a difference. Why would you call the experience on the BB a blatant weakness?
    09-17-12 05:45 PM
    I've never had a problem browsing on my 9900. I have had a chance to play with various friends iPhones and never noticed a difference. Why would you call the experience on the BB a blatant weakness?

I agree. The only difference between the iPhone and 9900 when web browsing is the screen size.

I think Blackberry's just have a bad rep for web browsing because pre-OS 7 phones were incapable.
    09-17-12 07:14 PM
    I agree. The only difference between the iPhone and 9900 when web browsing is the screen size.

I think Blackberry's just have a bad rep for web browsing because pre-OS 7 phones were incapable.
    I have both the IPhone 4 And the Bold 9930. You are correct, no difference except for the screen size. I actually prefer the bold because the screen is wider, I can always scroll up and down.
    maddie1128 and sydsam like this.
    09-17-12 07:58 PM
    If everyone thought like you, this would be a nicer place to hang out. Unfortunately, it rarely works out that way in practice.

Ok so the OP found a single civil thread on a non BlackBerry site involving a few level headed folks that know how to discuss pros and cons without a lot of crap talk. I bet you can't easily find another to offset all the plain mean stuff that gets said in the comments on BGR or Engadget for example.

09-17-12 08:45 PM
    Ok so the OP found a single civil thread on a non BlackBerry site involving a few level headed folks that know how to discuss pros and cons without a lot of crap talk. I bet you can't easily find another to offset all the plain mean stuff that gets said in the comments on BGR or Engadget for example.

Nope, believe it or not that's how most other forums function. People are able to be civil despite differing opinions.
    09-17-12 08:50 PM
    Nope, believe it or not that's how most other forums function. People are able to be civil despite differing opinions.
    Don't be so quick about that. I've been on a few transit forums that canbe worse than here. and its not just "trolls", its "foamers" too!
    I also believe it happens somewhere, somehow on any forum.
    09-17-12 09:30 PM
    Don't be so quick about that. I've been on a few transit forums that canbe worse than here. and its not just "trolls", its "foamers" too!
    I also believe it happens somewhere, somehow on any forum.
    Sure, to some extent. This place used to be infinitely more tolerant though. I'm hoping it's just a phase.
    Last edited by mikeo007; 09-17-12 at 09:49 PM.
    09-17-12 09:41 PM

I prefer browsing the Internet on my 9930 over my iPhone 4S. iOS handles tabs TERRIBLY and refreshes the entire tab every time you switch tabs when more than 2 tabs are open. It is VERY frustrating!!!! BB7 renders web pages very well. We are talking about OS5 or even BB6. BB7 is a huge improvement over past BB Browsers.
    09-17-12 10:27 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD