Hi Crackberry Members,

I found a Blackberry Curve in the alley behind my building in Chicago a few days ago. I don't want it. I really just want to get it back to its owner. I put signs up around the neighborhood but no one has contacted me to identify it yet. I called Verizon, because that's its carrier, and they looked up the serial number but couldn't find it on a list that connects it to anybody and it has not been reported lost or stolen. I also posted a lost notice on Craigslist.

So now I'm stuck. I'd really appreciate any advice, whether other ideas of how to return it, ideas of how to access any information on it, or ideas of what to do if it becomes apparent that nobody is going to come forward and claim it.

Thank you very much!
    Hannah
    JR A and bluetroll like this.
    01-17-12 11:05 PM
    Is it password protected?

If it's not locked and you feel comfortable going through the address book, maybe you could look for an entry like "Home" and give them a call? Heck...give anyone a call and I'd imagine they'd let the owner of that number know!
    01-17-12 11:13 PM
    Take out the sim card and walk into a verizon. They might give you info about the owner of the phone, or you can leave it to them after explaining the situation.

By the way which generation of curve is it?
    01-17-12 11:14 PM
    Take out the sim card and walk into a verizon. They might give you info about the owner of the phone, or you can leave it to them after explaining the situation.

By the way which generation of curve is it?
    Verizon doesn't use SIM cards.

I'm assuming it's password protected and you can't access the contacts and call one of their buddies...

I'm surprised Verizon customer service couldn't find the customer it belonged to.

Take the actual device into a physical Verizon store. Give them the ESN number which is located under the battery on the back of the phone, and they should be able to link that number to a specific customer's account with Verizon and viola.

Kudos for being a great samaritan!
    01-17-12 11:36 PM
    It is password protected; if it wasn't this problem would already be solved. I have no idea what generation of Curve it is.... yeah, no idea how to find that. I think I'll just wait a week or so and then, yeah take it to the store. I also thought it was weird that they couldn't locate it on a list. I feel like all these things should be registered somewhere. Thanks for the advice!
    01-18-12 10:23 AM
    thanks for doing a great deed!
    01-18-12 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD