I know this question has been asked a million times, but I'm not exactly sure what words to search for to find the answer. I have had my Curve 8330 for 2 weeks, and am very happy with it. However, I'm trying to understand: IS there a way to forward my home email to Gmail or Yahoo mail so that it will be pushed to the Blackberry as soon as it is received, rather than having to wait 15 minutes for the Blackberry to check to see if there is email? Or any other way to get it to the Blackberry faster? I am using a Mac with Apple Mail. I've never gone through the process (if there is indeed a process), but I would appreciate any help anyone can offer. Thanks!

Leinie
    11-05-09 07:10 PM
    home email, will be what? home email? your own email server at home?
    Your unknown provider home email should have an email forwarding function in the options.

If you are talking about a domain hosted on a server, it would be much easier to just setup a redirector with the name you want that points to your gmail.

Im kinda sleepy so i dont understand what'ya mean by home email =[
    Last edited by gbsn; 11-05-09 at 07:29 PM.
    11-05-09 07:26 PM
    If you are sending an email to an email server that has instant BIS delivery (gmail/yahoo) then the receipt should be instant.
    11-05-09 07:28 PM
    I know this question has been asked a million times, but I'm not exactly sure what words to search for to find the answer. I have had my Curve 8330 for 2 weeks, and am very happy with it. However, I'm trying to understand: IS there a way to forward my home email to Gmail or Yahoo mail so that it will be pushed to the Blackberry as soon as it is received, rather than having to wait 15 minutes for the Blackberry to check to see if there is email? Or any other way to get it to the Blackberry faster? I am using a Mac with Apple Mail. I've never gone through the process (if there is indeed a process), but I would appreciate any help anyone can offer. Thanks!

Leinie
    Go with what Papped said.

If the home email is your Apple email then setup your Apple email to be
    automatically forwarded to the better PUSH email account. Even set up a
    @blackberry.net address on your BIS and have the Apple email pushed to that.
    11-05-09 07:50 PM
    I'm sorry, I was using the term "home email" to refer to my Internet service provider. Thank you, everyone, for your help! I'm planning on doing what was suggested, I just wasn't quite sure how to go about it. But I know now!
    11-05-09 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD