I had the curve when it was just released with tmobile a while back. I really did enjoy the PUSH email and the full QWERTY overall. One of my main dislikes were the lack of HTML email and the fact that apps weren't as plentyful as others like the iphone or nokia s60. I really didn't like paying for programs, which i thought should be free. HTML email was one i really wanted. I think that was my only issue with it, and battery life but that was fixed with a how-to guide on here.

Things came and i sold it for nokia n82. I loved that phone, great 5.0MP camera and wifi. Had all the things my curve could do minus PUSH email plenty of FREE/Hacked apps. Then i got my hands on the iphone. That was it. I've had this iphone the longest of any other phones i've ever own as its nearing 2 years. But the problems with the iphones are getting to me. The random program crashes due to lack of memory. the 3 hour battery life if i'm watching a movie. The speaker sucks overall. Volume when talking stinks, on speakerphone is bad. i've own phones with normal speakers louder then the iphone in max speaker. The ringtones is soft. I cant hear people call me when i'm driving. I'm now paying $10 for the internet and its slow as ****, when i had edge on my bb, things worked faster. I hated the bb browser but never found a good one. I've been reading about "Bolt"

I do like a lot of things about it. i love the email app. Semi push, 15 minute fetch works great for me. I do like the unlimited apps and the huge support it has.

Back to the reason why i might come back. Driftwood. if i'm paying for internet i might as get the most out of my money and that would be 3g. The main things i do is FULL HTML email, facebook, sports scores, stream music on iheartradio or AOL radio. And then the obvious surfing and using the google maps. I want to use goggle voice as well ( apple and the whole banning)

I think bb has free apps for all those now. Given my situation and needs would you guys say the new 9700 would be the ideal phone for me to kill the iphone with.

And also i'm sick of iphone world. But the support for the phone is so strong. Its like a honda civic of the car world. everyone has tried/owned one and everyone knows a friend of the friend that can fix it. Its not the best of both worlds type phone but its a decent all around phone, that no one has been able to touch.
    09-01-09 01:25 PM
    I had the curve when it was just released with tmobile a while back. I really did enjoy the PUSH email and the full QWERTY overall. One of my main dislikes were the lack of HTML email and the fact that apps weren't as plentyful as others like the iphone or nokia s60. I really didn't like paying for programs, which i thought should be free. HTML email was one i really wanted. I think that was my only issue with it, and battery life but that was fixed with a how-to guide on here.

Things came and i sold it for nokia n82. I loved that phone, great 5.0MP camera and wifi. Had all the things my curve could do minus PUSH email plenty of FREE/Hacked apps. Then i got my hands on the iphone. That was it. I've had this iphone the longest of any other phones i've ever own as its nearing 2 years. But the problems with the iphones are getting to me. The random program crashes due to lack of memory. the 3 hour battery life if i'm watching a movie. The speaker sucks overall. Volume when talking stinks, on speakerphone is bad. i've own phones with normal speakers louder then the iphone in max speaker. The ringtones is soft. I cant hear people call me when i'm driving. I'm now paying $10 for the internet and its slow as ****, when i had edge on my bb, things worked faster. I hated the bb browser but never found a good one. I've been reading about "Bolt"

I do like a lot of things about it. i love the email app. Semi push, 15 minute fetch works great for me. I do like the unlimited apps and the huge support it has.

Back to the reason why i might come back. Driftwood. if i'm paying for internet i might as get the most out of my money and that would be 3g. The main things i do is FULL HTML email, facebook, sports scores, stream music on iheartradio or AOL radio. And then the obvious surfing and using the google maps. I want to use goggle voice as well ( apple and the whole banning)

I think bb has free apps for all those now. Given my situation and needs would you guys say the new 9700 would be the ideal phone for me to kill the iphone with.

And also i'm sick of iphone world. But the support for the phone is so strong. Its like a honda civic of the car world. everyone has tried/owned one and everyone knows a friend of the friend that can fix it. Its not the best of both worlds type phone but its a decent all around phone, that no one has been able to touch.
    I really wouldn't choose the iPhone just because it has everything. BB's may not have as much but they still have plenty. Blackberry App World has a lot of free apps. I can't say what you want is in there but I'vefound several apps that I like. Unless you just like all the bells and whistles of the iPhone, I still think the Blackberries are the better bet just because they're easier and more dependable. Not EVERYTHING has to be complicated.
    09-01-09 01:48 PM
    the iphone is far from everything but it has a good amount of what i like/need.

When i owned the curve i dont think there was a app store, might be interesting to look into. i pretty much listed all the things i want. which are streaming radio, HTML emails, decent web browsing, facebook, and sports scores. I want to get into this google voice but its not a MUST. Right now the iphone is making me want a FASTER connection and a browser that doesn't crash, as my safari crashes often.
    09-01-09 09:16 PM
    iPhone is an amazing multi-media tool, and I mean amazing. Overall it's really what you're looking for. No push email on the iPhone is a real downer, I keep having to check my iPhone for new emails (have push turned off to save battery life). I'll also admit the apps and graphics are waaay better on the iPhone than BB, BUT I'm really hoping the BB apps get better and better as well as cheaper. Most, even the best apps, for iPhone are only 99 cents or free.
    09-01-09 09:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD