I am honestly disappointed by Mike Lazaridis's answers during his interview with Bloomberg. For example, instead of assuring us BBRY shareholders that he will never ever sell his BBRY shares, he tried to dodge the question.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/video/black...7CNvMTj1w.html
    03-20-13 12:10 AM
    Is that really what you took away from it?

His shares are his shares, to do with as he pleases. He owes the millions of blackberry fans nothing, least of all control over his personal finances.

What's wrong with people these days....smh
    03-20-13 12:24 AM
    Really? This is what made you disappointed with him?
    03-20-13 12:24 AM
    I wouldn't say that he doesn't care about BBRY, I think he was more annoyed that the interviewer spent very little time discussing the medical technology that Lazaridis is now funding. Frankly, I don't blame him. Mike's trying to explain why this tech is so important (and as a future doctor, trust me, if it works it'll be HUGE) and instead the interviewer is asking him about his ex-girlfriend. It's like, let it go, or at least find another time/venue to talk about it. He's clearly moving on, he still has love for what BBRY is doing and he just wants people to understand why he just invested $100 million in 'Star Trek' tech.
    sleepngbear likes this.
    03-20-13 12:27 AM
    I am honestly disappointed by Mike Lazaridis's answers during his interview with Bloomberg. For example, instead of assuring us BBRY shareholders that he will never ever sell his BBRY shares, he tried to dodge the question.
    [video]http://www.bloomberg.com/video/blackberry-founder-bets-100m-on-star-trek-tech-ZYAgR65yQ4mea7CNvMTj1w.html[/url]
    if you're disappointed then you're out of your mind. do you have any idea how much this man has given to his own country? he's done alot comparted to other CEO's here in the silicone valley. im dissapointed in this thread.
    Dapper37, xpowers, Rello and 2 others like this.
    03-20-13 12:29 AM
    Good for him! He owes you nothing. I would be peed too if I wanted to discuss my next big adventure and some loser tries to talk about my BlackBerry shares.

Posted via CB10
    Coachbulldog and 00stryder like this.
    03-20-13 01:09 AM
    Seriously? This guy donated TONS of money to good causes. You do what you want with your shares, I'll do what I want with mine and he does what he wants with his.
    bluetroll likes this.
    03-20-13 01:17 AM
    [video]http://www.bloomberg.com/video/blackberry-founder-bets-100m-on-star-trek-tech-ZYAgR65yQ4mea7CNvMTj1w.html[/url]
    He needs the money for his other business venture.
    The tricorder investment.
    And I hope he does well with it.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 01:30 AM
    That interviewer was annoying. It was like when someone is supposed to be interviewing an actor about their movie, but keeps bringing up their personal life, who they're dating, their legal trouble etc.

After a while I wanted to be like.. GET BACK TO THE STAR TREK SH1T!
    03-20-13 01:31 AM
    Think about it in the context of the interview. He wasn't there to talk about BlackBerry, he was there to talk about medical tech. I wouldn't take it as "him not caring about the company" at all. He's not even halfway into the interview and the interview changes the topic to BlackBerry. "These are questions you could ask Thorsten and I think you have asked Thorsten" (the CEO). He talked plenty about BlackBerry even though the interview wasn't about that.

Who knew he was such a trekkie?
    03-20-13 07:37 AM
    This post is a strong candidate for "most bizarre thing you'll read on the internet today."
    03-20-13 08:42 AM
    If his 100m is going to be worth more in quantom physics rather than in BB he would be dumb businessman to keep it in BB because of some loyalty principals.

Posted via CB10
    Masahiro likes this.
    03-20-13 11:18 AM
    I will never understand why someone thinks their opinion matters on what that man does with his shares. If I'm Mike, unless you purchased all my shares of BB stock, then your opinion of what I do with them is COMPLETELY irrelevant
    Masahiro likes this.
    03-20-13 11:34 AM
    who gives a damn about Lazaridis? Thorsten Heins is our saviour. Hope Lazaridis rots in **** with his little mate Jim.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    03-20-13 12:34 PM
    who gives a damn about Lazaridis? Thorsten Heins is our saviour. Hope Lazaridis rots in **** with his little mate Jim.

Alrighty then...
    Rello likes this.
    03-20-13 12:38 PM

This just won most ridiculous post...congratulations, hope you have nothing further to contribute.
    03-20-13 12:41 PM
    What's the medical star wars stocks symbol? Might be a good buy?
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-20-13 12:46 PM
    A lot of credit to Thorsten for pushing the BlackBerry machine forward but please don't forget that BlackBerry owns BB10 because of Mike's vision.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-20-13 12:55 PM

Candidate #2 in "most bizarre thing you'll read on the internet today."
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    03-20-13 01:42 PM
    I don't know what is so interesting about what that man is doing now and what he's doing with his money. He doesn't care how I am doing either...
    03-20-13 07:32 PM

Seriously?? I work in the biomedical field trying to design medical devices that can improve the quality of life of people not lucky enough to be healthy.. If the technology that Mike envisions reaches the point to be commercially available it will possibly have the potential of saving MILLIONS of lives..!!

There are things a "little" more important than smartphones!!!!!!!!! Please think about that before commenting...
    03-20-13 09:05 PM