Probably should have been doing this with my weekly backup, but now that I'm here, is there anything in DM or anywhere else on my computer that I should be backing up? I'm using Vista and a Curve 8900. Thanks
    06-02-09 11:22 PM
    Well, I'm a bit confused. But if you backup your BB, then you might want to backup those files before formating your computer.

DM can be downloaded as can the OS for your phone but you might consider backing up those.
    06-03-09 12:57 AM
    I would think contacts, ringtones, pix. If you have any of that on your pc. If not just wait till you reformat and then back up your black berry on the new set up.

100th post!
    06-03-09 01:01 AM
    Thanks, I was just wondering if DM, intellesync or any other first party apps had any info stored somewhere on the computer that I may need to backup.

I'm still pretty new to BB, and pretty much every time that I reinstall windows, I've forgotten to backup something that wasn't normal data, like cookies from web browsers, RSS reader OPML file, profiles from various programs I use, etc. that will just make my life easier when I reinstall windows. For example if DM had a user profile which I could import to the new install so I don't have to go and manually restore my preferences.
    06-03-09 02:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD