is it necessary to write "your truly" at end of business email on bb?

Is a formal signature required for business email on bb?
    04-01-09 09:27 AM
    Your question business related or just a general question?
    04-01-09 09:28 AM
    my question is business related.
    04-01-09 09:39 AM
    The signature on e-mail from my BB is simply my initials. From my desktop it's my name and contact information.

I don't use "yours truly" or "sincerely" as a signature in e-mail. E-mail is, IMO, an informal communication and, again IMO, others understand that. But I don't communicate with customers so my e-mails are short and direct with little need to be formal.

I think you have to figure out what works for you. If you are in a position that communicates with customers via e-mail, even from the BB, then your outgoing e-mail standards are going to be different from mine.

SP
    04-01-09 09:39 AM
    At work here we have a policy that all emails contain a signature containing all your contact info, name, title, dept etc. Since all that info is automatically contained in either a desktop or BB email, the end of your message is a empty line then your first name. It looks really good as long as your bottom signature is small, non-exciting font.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 10:33 AM
    how do i change my signature on my bb?
    04-01-09 11:02 AM
    how do i change my signature on my bb?
    IF you are on BIS just log into your carrier bis site and change the email signature there if you wish. (under edit email settings)
    Verizon BIS
    BlackBerry Internet Service
    Last edited by Tremortality; 04-01-09 at 11:13 AM.
    04-01-09 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD