I've had a LOT of problems with the iPhone 3G. Reception, build quality, all enough for 6, count them, 6 different phones (5 excluding original).

Before my iPhone on Rogers, I had a BlackBerry 7250 on TELUS. Loved it, perfect. I think I'll be switching back.

So, what model should I get? I'd love to have Wi-Fi in it (high priority) but it needs to be reasonably no-contract priced. the bigger screen, the better. any reccomendations?
    08-29-09 12:57 AM
    The 8900 and Bold is all you got, I recommend the 8900 but the Bold is also an awsome phone, unfortunately there is no UMA on the bold
    08-29-09 01:08 AM
    that's what I like to hear
    08-29-09 02:19 AM
    Another BB victory! Sorry but I'm not familiar with Canadian carriers so I can't give you advice on which BB to choose... I believe the 8900 is available there.. A friend of mine as it on Tmobile and loves it.
    08-29-09 06:14 AM
    The 8900 is going to be the cheapest but if your buying it new the bold is only $50 more and worth it IMHO. Neither of them even resembles reasonably priced of contract, no smartphone does. To get that you are going to need to look at a used one.
    08-29-09 06:57 AM
    Wait til the fall of 09.
    There is a new player coming to Canada called WIND. Big in Europe from what I read.

It remains to be seen whether they will shake things up as per the hype or be same old -same old.

Oh, and if you can afford the true cost of a smart phone, buy it.

Although i have no contract, we have 4 other phones, plus a Rogers "rocket stick" in the house that do. I'm willing to buy them all out for about 1k if this new carrier is cheap enough that I can recoup my money within a year les say.
    Pete
    08-29-09 07:05 AM
    I'm not really planning to buy direct from Rogers, more thinking along the lines of an expansys or puremobile.ca kind of thing, or even eBay.

Right now I'm still only 9 months in to my 36 month term...sigh
    08-29-09 11:08 AM
    Sorry to hear about the iPhone.

The Bold is a great device though, it is the number one BB on the market right now until the Onyx. I recommend the Bold to anyone interested in a BB.
    08-29-09 11:11 AM
    Welcome back. Glad you survived the dark side

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 11:12 AM
    I'm stuck on two things, only one I'll voice here:

Bold, or 8900. I like the 3G aspect of the bold, but the size has put me off it. I'm not really sure about the speed of EDGE, how much worse is it?
    09-01-09 10:58 PM
    Not a whole lot worse really. 3G comes into its own when you stream internet radio, and want data and voice at the same time.

But UMA is a very great thing if you make calls in a Wi-Fi hot spot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 11:16 PM
    I generally wouldn't do talkspots, but just internet/email through my router.
    09-01-09 11:19 PM
    I'm stuck on two things, only one I'll voice here:

Bold, or 8900. I like the 3G aspect of the bold, but the size has put me off it. I'm not really sure about the speed of EDGE, how much worse is it?
    I just recently switched from an iPhone 3G to another Blackberry. The main reason I chose the Bold is because of the 3G. I didn't want to go from a 3G phone to a non-3G phone. I use my phone too much and wanted the speed to be the same.
    09-01-09 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD