Picked up a Ford Fusion rental today for work. Plugged my Z10 into the USB and somehow all my videos, pictures, and music got deleted from my Micro SD!!! Does anybody know if there is a way to recover. I have three years of pictures on there including all my family and baby pictures!

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 01:55 AM
    Does anyone know if a deleted Media Card can be recovered or not???

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 02:03 AM
    Holy flurk! That sucks bro! The only thing I know of is a program I used long ago, and it worked well for my USB stick and hard drive.

http://www.recovermyfiles.com/

Try it out. I hope it works for you.

Posted via Commodore 64
    11-10-15 02:39 AM
    What year is that Fusion?
    11-10-15 03:19 AM
    There have been a few cases of this happening and it happened to me too. Some people blame dodgy media cards, I think it's a bug in BB10. I doubt that the fault can be exclusively blamed on the Ford.

Was the SD card encrypted?
    If it was, then I think you can kiss the data goodbye.
    If it wasn't, then stop using the card immediately and remove it from your device. Use some file recovery software to get what you can from it.

At least it was lucky that the data on the card wasn't important...
    11-10-15 03:55 AM
    What year is that Fusion?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 05:59 AM
    There have been a few cases of this happening and it happened to me too. Some people blame dodgy media cards, I think it's a bug in BB10. I doubt that the fault can be exclusively blamed on the Ford.

Was the SD card encrypted?
    If it was, then I think you can kiss the data goodbye.
    If it wasn't, then stop using the card immediately and remove it from your device. Use some file recovery software to get what you can from it.

At least it was lucky that the data on the card wasn't important...
    No, it was not encrypted. Which file recovery software do you recommend and how successful is it? As soon as I noticed, I removed the card immediately.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 06:00 AM
    No, it was not encrypted. Which file recovery software do you recommend and how successful is it? As soon as I noticed, I removed the card immediately.
    I haven't used any personally, but Recuva has been mentioned on the forum before. It looks OK. If it works with the card write protected, then I would use an SD adapter with write-protect enabled as an additional safety net.

How much you get back will depend on how much data has been written to the media card since the files disappeared. Since you noticed quickly and removed the card I would think you would have a good chance of getting most of it back.

You managed to avoid taking the bait in my last sentence but seriously, 3 years is too long to wait to backup important data. Even ignoring technological faults like this, you could have lost your device or had it stolen. Get yourself into a weekly backup routine for the future.
    11-10-15 07:42 AM
    I haven't used any personally, but Recuva has been mentioned on the forum before. It looks OK. If it works with the card write protected, then I would use an SD adapter with write-protect enabled as an additional safety net.

How much you get back will depend on how much data has been written to the media card since the files disappeared. Since you noticed quickly and removed the card I would think you would have a good chance of getting most of it back.

You managed to avoid taking the bait in my last sentence but seriously, 3 years is too long to wait to backup important data. Even ignoring technological faults like this, you could have lost your device or had it stolen. Get yourself into a weekly backup routine for the future.
    Or Cloud services.... I had a SD card fail a few years ago, totally gone. But I was using dropbox at the time and most of my documents were fine. Today I use OneDrive to share files between my phone, tablet, work PC, home PC and home laptop....

Very little I have would be of "interest" if they did hack in, and any important stuff I have encrypted.
    baarn likes this.
    11-10-15 07:54 AM
    Does anyone know if a deleted Media Card can be recovered or not???

Posted via CB10
    All media card can be recovered.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 09:39 AM
    Ive used Recuva many times. Works well.
    By the way, when you plug it in to your car, did it offer formatting that maybe you skipped by?? Or possibly did it download all your media to its hard drive and erased the original files? Just asking, not sure how Ford works.
    Last edited by jelp2; 11-10-15 at 10:03 AM.
    11-10-15 09:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'll look out for this as I'll pick up my Ford Fusion 2015 next week. Hope this doesn't happen to me
    11-10-15 12:14 PM
    All media card can be recovered.

Posted via CB10
    You sure about this? Have you done this prior?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 12:46 PM

Yes you are correct. I was just getting ready to do a backup also and well with my busy schedule, I didn't get to it and now this. I am driving home tonight and will be trying to recover it tonight. I am praying and hoping. I would give away an organ at this point in exchanged for recovery.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 12:49 PM
    By the way, when you plug it in to your car, did it offer formatting that maybe you skipped by?? Or possibly did it download all your media to its hard drive and erased the original files? Just asking, not sure how Ford works.
    I am not sure, there is a media option on the dash and not knowing the controls of the car I may have inadvertently done something. I am so upset about this and this will be a hard lesson learned.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 12:50 PM
    Did you try Recuva?? As long as the deleted file weren't overwritten, you should be able to save them. Worth a shot.
    11-10-15 04:17 PM
    Did you try Recuva?? As long as the deleted file weren't overwritten, you should be able to save them. Worth a shot.
    Not yet. Just got home and I am going to try here shortly.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 08:02 PM
    Recuva is good.

Maybe before working on the actual storage medium, pull a ddrescue clone on Linux / Parted Magic if you're so inclined. It's always best for (home) "forensics" to not do any work on the device itself, but on a copy...

One of the absolute best programs is the Canadian "R-Studio". You can also pull a raw clone using that.

Cheers, and good luck... :-D

�   AC/CB - back in black or highway to mobile h*ll? ;-P   �
    11-10-15 08:56 PM
    Was that Microsoft Ford Sync or QNX Sync 3?
    I'm picking up my 2016 Expedition with Sync 3 next week, and I appreciate your heads up. I sure hope you recover your data. Let us know.

I was thinking of putting what is on my SD card onto a memory stick and use that for media until I learn the system, instead of risking the phone. I do SD card backups separate from the phone.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>
    11-10-15 10:01 PM
    Recuva works well. Used it to recover USB memory cards.
    If you're hesitant to try to recover it yourself you can take it into a computer repair facility to recover lost files. My sister did that with her phone and recovered everything. Key is not writing anything to the card after you lost the data.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 11:01 PM
    Recuva works well. Used it to recover USB memory cards.
    If you're hesitant to try to recover it yourself you can take it into a computer repair facility to recover lost files. My sister did that with her phone and recovered everything. Key is not writing anything to the card after you lost the data.

Posted via CB10
    Running Recovery right now. I may take your advice if this doesn't work out.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 11:52 PM
    I'm picking up my 2016 Expedition with Sync 3 next week, and I appreciate your heads up. I sure hope you recover your data. Let us know.

I was thinking of putting what is on my SD card onto a memory stick and use that for media until I learn the system, instead of risking the phone. I do SD card backups separate from the phone.

Not sure, I will see if I can find out before I return the car.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 11:53 PM

2015 models I believe are still MS. 2016 is QNX
    11-11-15 12:36 AM
    2015 models I believe are still MS. 2016 is QNX
    So Microsoft deleted the data, not Ford.... ?

;-)

11-11-15 02:28 AM
    So Microsoft deleted the data, not Ford.... ?

;-)

I looked closer at the Micro SD from a PC and it appears what had happened is that the SD card got reformatted. Interesting enough the file format is TFAT, which I believe is Microsoft.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 05:36 AM
37 12