On BNN last Friday, the day of BlackBerry's earning call, it was discussed that although not out of the woods yet, the future of BlackBerry is looking brighter. They mentioned as one of the positive notes that Ford has selected QNX over Microsoft going forward. Now I know there are those that say it's not a done deal, but I believe it is. They sited Fords reasons for the switch also......this is very good news. (Yes we are not talking, just underlying background operations, but up through the infotainment)

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 07:16 AM
    That's a plus! Good deal!
    04-01-14 07:25 AM
    I hope this is true. I would like to see a QNX infotainment system in a car I can actually afford.
    04-01-14 07:39 AM
    On BNN last Friday, the day of BlackBerry's earning call, it was discussed that although not out of the woods yet, the future of BlackBerry is looking brighter. They mentioned as one of the positive notes that Ford has selected QNX over Microsoft going forward. Now I know there are those that say it's not a done deal, but I believe it is. They sited Fords reasons for the switch also......this is very good news. (Yes we are not talking, just underlying background operations, but up through the infotainment)

Posted via CB10
    I think that BNN and you spread misinformation around:
    Ford hasn't decided on QNX for future Sync sytems just yet | CrackBerry.com
    mikeo007 likes this.
    04-01-14 07:41 AM
    Ford's switch to QNX is NOT official and is speculation only.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 07:42 AM
    I hope this is true. I would like to see a QNX infotainment system in a car I can actually afford.
    or at the very least a list of cars running QNX would be nice.
    04-01-14 07:46 AM
    Unless it is an official statement by Ford, they are still in the selection phase.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 07:49 AM
    Dolco.

I comment on a report that was produced last Friday, and you accuse me of spreading rumors based on a Crackberry article dated February 27th, 2014. What kind of logic is that? I was simply commenting on what was on BNN. I would say BNN's reporting to be far more accurate and in depth than Crackberry's.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 09:24 AM
    Dolco.

I comment on a report that was produced last Friday, and you accuse me of spreading rumors based on a Crackberry article dated February 27th, 2014. What kind of logic is that? I was simply commenting on what was on BNN. I would say BNN's reporting to be far more accurate and in depth than Crackberry's.

Posted via CB10
    So where is a quote from either bbry or ford? We would have seen a press release from one or both.

sent from my bright red Nexus 5
    wincyUt and mikeo007 like this.
    04-01-14 10:29 AM
    This would not surprise me. Even Apple's new CarPlay uses QNX underneath for its kernel. Having an intimate knowledge with the embedded MS OSes, I can tell you that the embedded, high reliability space is foreign to the culture of MS. At its core, MS is a technology marketing company, which is very different from the embedded world. Companies who bet on MS often found themselves in trouble, with the root cause of the problems being the low interpersonal and ethical intelligence at the top of MS.
    04-01-14 10:36 AM
    OP provide additional info to substantiate your claim. Oh wait! it's April Fools joke, isn't it?
    04-01-14 10:43 AM
    Don't worry, I got it. Very punny!
    04-01-14 10:46 AM
    This was reported a while ago but nothing came out of it. Would certainly help my stocks of its legit.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 11:08 AM
    I have only commented on what BNN Stated during their commentary of BlackBerry last Friday. They had a discussion regarding the Quarter Results. Where they obtained their information I am not sure, but they did cite the reasons for Ford selecting QNX over Microsoft and they feel this is another bright spot for BlackBerry turning things around. Don't know what else to say, other than they seem to know perhaps some inside facts. Obviously they portray that Ford has commented.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 11:52 AM
    Sound like they were just repeating an old half truth.

04-01-14 01:17 PM
    You guys dumping on the OP for quoting a report? Cut the guy some slack!!!

OP, even though this has been discussed here already, thanks for the information.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 02:12 PM
    So where is a quote from either bbry or ford? We would have seen a press release from one or both.

The OP didn't say he had a quote. He simply reported on something from BNN. Yes it was reported before so if you have a bone to pick with someone, contact BNN and talk them.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ray689; 04-01-14 at 11:52 PM.
    04-01-14 02:16 PM
    I'd say cautious optimism. Will have to wait for official word.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-01-14 04:09 PM
    It would be a good move for Ford
    Whenever MS moved beyond PC, it went wrong.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 06:23 PM
    Thanks OP. That's encouraging. All the negative Nancy's, shut it! All the op did was share a BNN report from last Friday. Get over it.

Z10 10.3 Rocks!
    ray689 likes this.
    04-01-14 09:26 PM