Seems any good news coming out of BlackBerry gets instantly buried by the media.
    And today was a good news day too.

Ford dropping BlackBerry handsets for employees worldwide, converting to iPhones | Financial Post

Interesting how the iPhone is the secure option for employees handheld devices....yet Ford chose QNX as the software of choice for their infotainment systems.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-29-14 12:21 PM
    They themselves don't even know.
    Last edited by mvpcrossxover; 07-29-14 at 12:52 PM.
    manonthemoon likes this.
    07-29-14 12:25 PM
    No tangible reason for the change...
    07-29-14 12:33 PM
    And they will be back brfore they know it
    Jiggy1971, twirlyboy and Clanked like this.
    07-29-14 12:34 PM
    Interesting read, interesting analyst

Sent from my Asus ZenFone 5 via Tapatalk Pro
    07-29-14 12:37 PM
    You think security would be their #1 concern. Since they had the security issue not't too long ago

Be proud - BlackBerry by Choice
    07-29-14 12:59 PM
    I think Tatchio is a hipster- thats why!!

Posted via Q10Bold
    07-29-14 01:10 PM
    Yawn. Get used to it...

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 01:19 PM
    Well, crap with crap.

From my ? phone
    07-29-14 01:23 PM
    Seems any good news coming out of BlackBerry gets instantly buried by the media.

Ford dropping BlackBerry handsets for employees worldwide, converting to iPhones | Financial Post

Interesting how the iPhone is the secure option for employees handheld devices....yet Ford chose QNX as the software of choice for their infotainment systems.

Posted via CB10
    Wonder if their IT folks even know what QNX is and who owns it.

My Z10 - an extension of me
    07-29-14 01:32 PM
    Wish they dug deeper into what they're using to manage them. That's more important to today's BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 01:35 PM
    The reasons stated according to the article is security and having devices that offer functionality for both business and personal. In sum, I'm amused by their poor excuses and a little baffled by their seemingly poor decision-making.. They seem completely ignorant to Blackberry's BB10 offerings. My guess would be that they based the jump to iPhones on popularity votes. But hey, it's their decision and to each his own.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    lift, Lawrie Sherratt and Zirak like this.
    07-29-14 01:37 PM
    Well I guess it's time to sell the F350 and move on!......unless the new F350 comes with QNX infotainment and then......well my z30 and soon to be Passport will snuggle right in to a new F350.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 01:39 PM
    I don't think QNX in the cars has anything to do with the decision. They are seperate companies. QNX was there before BlackBerry bought them anyway, and Apple is partners with QNX.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 01:39 PM
    I also believe Apple bought this in some fashion. Eg. Ford will assume no extra costs except for the handsets. So what about all the roll out costs. What software will control these devices or is it simply individual phones handed out and here is your email connection. Not very smart if that is the case.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 01:45 PM
    Let's look for ford's secrets and eavesdrop on them regularly haha! No security for ford

Z10
    07-29-14 01:46 PM
    This is proof in point that the majority of corporate phones are basically personal devices the company provides as a perk. Might take a call or two on or read an email but that's about all the work that gets done on it. Speaking from experience here

Posted via CB10
    KingOfQwerty and MarsupilamiX like this.
    07-29-14 01:48 PM
    Let's look for ford's secrets and eavesdrop on them regularly haha! No security for ford

Z10
    We could sell the information to other manufacturers if they even wanted it.

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8
    07-29-14 01:51 PM
    I don't think QNX in the cars has anything to do with the decision. They are seperate companies. QNX was there before BlackBerry bought them anyway, and Apple is partners with QNX.
    I guess that's kind of my point. QNX running the software in their vehicles should have played a role in this decision. If it's secure enough to run millions of cars you put on the road annually, you'd figure it would make sense to use that same platform for employees making those said cars.

I agree with some other posts here and can only assume something else played a larger role -ie apple paid a handsome sum to inject their devices. Otherwise someone at Ford needs to take another look at the IT dept.

On a similar note, anyone else love syncing their BlackBerry to a car that runs qnx? Amazing experience I've had in several vehicles....

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 01:51 PM
    This is proof in point that the majority of corporate phones are basically personal devices the company provides as a perk. Might take a call or two on or read an email but that's about all the work that gets done on it. Speaking from experience here

Posted via CB10
    Really? Most people I know that have corporate phones are stapled to their phones for business purposes most of the waking hours and sometimes more.

byrdbrained likes this.
    07-29-14 01:53 PM
    Guys. Handsets are a small piece in enterprise. The managing server is what matters. BBRY makes almost double just on BES than if a company uses BBRY handsets. BBRY wants businesses to use their handsets for optimal compatibility but BES is setup to manage all device platforms efficiently and effectively. We all know that the handset game is tough to win. People want their iPhones.

Posted via CB10
    bibbula and stealthbob like this.
    07-29-14 01:53 PM
    Guys. Handsets are a small piece in enterprise. The managing server is what matters. BBRY makes almost double just on BES than if a company uses BBRY handsets. BBRY wants businesses to use their handsets for optimal compatibility but BES is setup to manage all device platforms efficiently and effectively. We all know that the handset game is tough to win. People want their iPhones.

Posted via CB10
    My point exactly, the real story here is what MDM/EMM they will be using.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 01:54 PM
    Ford has made many bad decisions. They got rid of the Excursion, which was the king of big SUVs. Now GM leads that market. They got rid of Jaguar Land Rover (which uses QNX in all their cars). Now JLR is posting $4 billion revenues and growing, and becoming a big threat to its German rivals (who also use QNX). The new Mustang and all of the sedans, crossovers, and hatchbacks they make are no where near as good as their European competition (if you want a car that looks like an Aston Martin, work hard, make a lot of money, and buy a damn Aston Martin, not some cheap, taken out of the page of the Chinese copycat manual, American knockoff of an Aston Martin with a Ford badge on it). The only good thing Ford has going for it is their F-Series pickup trucks which lead that market, and the fact that they didn't take a Government Bailout. So, this move of switching from BlackBerry to iPhone while they use Microsoft in all their cars, and the possible switch to QNX (since Sync sucks balls) is just another bullet point on the "Ford's Biggest Mistakes Ever Made" list. So, here's to Ford. May you be happy with your new iPhones, and all your failures as a result of it. Cheers!

Posted via CB10 on VZW BlackBerry Z30
    07-29-14 01:58 PM
    Really? Most people I know that have corporate phones are stapled to their phones for business purposes most of the waking hours and sometimes more.

Depends on the industry. The press release even alluded to it though saying it satisfied people's needs for a personal device

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 02:06 PM
    Most corporations that do not care about true enterprise security usually follow the trends that their IT and employees would want to see.
    Military, government, healthcare, legal and financial investment companies usually requires top notch security. Companies like FORD are probably at a lower security tier, even though FORD is massive.

Our company did the same thing 2 years ago, albeit before the release of BB10, we all converted to apple. The "official" excuse was the cost of the BB enterprise setup, but I believe our senior VP's just thought the iphone was too cool to not get for free.
    07-29-14 02:11 PM
145 123 ...