I haven't any data plan (except an blackberry option to send/receive mails) until 17 august...

So how can I forbid data access, except for the mail ?

thanks !
    07-18-08 06:52 AM
    Simple way would be to hide all the icons related to the web. Won't stop you from actually accessing, but it's a simple way to resist temptation.
    07-18-08 09:19 AM
    I guess you could delete the service book that makes Web Browsing possible without disabling the e-mails... I'm not sure which one it is tho.....
    07-18-08 09:21 AM
    I would not b other with data use at all not even email. I notice on my BB data transmissions even when there are no apps running that use data. I'd assume that overtime those tiny transmission will add up and there's no telling what that total would be. I don't know how much email you will be sending and receiving but I'd be concerned at how much cost you'd end up with. The only for sure way of preventing any data usage except when you want to use data for something is to turn off data services in the manage connections.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-08 09:45 AM
    Ok !

I have just deleted all the services with the word "browser". I have also setted up the browser priority as "wifi"

My BB is rebooting ...
    07-18-08 04:12 PM
    ok after reboot : when I launch the web browser, it's not connecting automatically, I now have the "history" page ...

so .. I think it's good now !

thanks all for your answers !
    07-18-08 04:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD