Funny. This is the same reporter that had that "monotonous" and "boring" sneak peek video by Forbes at BB10 during CES. She must have read what some of you guys said about her :P
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    01-28-13 10:39 PM
    Not to mention the potential of BES10 becoming the corporate standard Mobile Device Management
    This is huge, actually, and I think it's been a highly under-rated aspect of RIM's transformation.

Remember, the Server is now free, and doesn't require any recurring licensing fees. Users only require a one-time $99 fee (or free if a company migrates quickly enough). I think with this, RIM will undercut most other MDM solutions out there, and it enjoys the benefit of being easier to adopt than pretty much everything else out there if you're already running BES.
    01-29-13 12:12 AM
    This article is based on what has happened to RIM in the past 2 years, but why don't they talk about the 5 years before that, when BlackBerry was the world leader of the smartphone ?

There was always a BlackBerry in every movie, TV series, song, when SMS messaging became obsolete because of BBM, Microsoft even launched a campaign against the BBM with the "Really" ad. This time is going to be no different, when RIMPIRE strikes again !! buahahahahaha !!
    01-29-13 01:10 AM
    At least Forbes has had more objective articles lately, some even bordering on positive. This is nothing compared to the barrage of RIM-hate coming out of WSJ this morning. Three separate articles in my Yahoo Finance page blathering on about CIO's having moved or moving on from BB. And how convenient for them to unload the day before RIM's biggest event in its history. Fair, objective journalism, or carrying out an agenda against a company that just happens to not be American... Not too subtle there, guys.
    01-29-13 08:25 AM
    Forbes is following suit with a few U.S. based journalism houses and looking first at Apple, then at Android. They see waning numbers in the U.S., therefore it's really easy for them to project a hard and long road for RIM to make a dent in the declining trend. Worldwide, it may be a different story.

We all know that RIM has a lot of die-hard fans, myself included. You put us on the firing line and we'll stick with our Berries no matter what.

Who knows what "10" will bring, but regardless, millions of us will be sticking with RIM. Through thick and Thim. Thus sayeth Him.
    01-29-13 08:32 AM
    I can see why every one loves you so much on here.
    Well, I know you're being sarcastic, but he might think it's sincere praise.

Just don't quote him. Mention him by name, dismiss his whiny trolly negativity and move on. Don't forget: "Ignore User" is very effective. You know there is NOTHING he will contribute that you would actually benefit from: his comments range from the boringly banal and benign to bitter bile and bull. I'd love to have him walk into a retailer to purchase a BB10 device and get "oh, YOU'RE kill_9 (or whatever he has changed his name to to hide from his own negative reputation). NO BB10 FOR YOU!"
    01-29-13 08:48 AM
    Meh. She's just doing her job and giving an opinion. Everyone has em. Not like Parmy has formed and run any multi-billion dollar mobile companies herself
    01-29-13 10:37 AM
    RIM has touted multitasking, productivity, email contact*and calendar applications in its latest teasers for the device, the �best BlackBerry for BlackBerry users,� rather than better gaming, content consumption or social networking experience to appeal to a wider audience, says Ovum�s lead telecom analyst Jan Dawson."
    The time to complain about what RIM has and hasn't touted will be tomorrow night, after the official launch. We don't yet have the full picture of BB10, and it's therefore premature to announce that RIM is not paying enough attention to a "wider audience." Buying an expensive advertising slot for the SuperBowl, and hiring a premium advertising firm to fill it are arguably signs that RIM is indeed initiating an aggressive outreach to that wider audience. Whether RIM will be successful in defeating the "company-issued phone" image is unknown, but it's simply false to assert today that they're not attempting to do so, when the advertising campaign begins tomorrow.
    01-29-13 10:53 AM
    Who is this Forbes person? They sound like a ****** bag.
    01-29-13 10:54 AM
34 12