I have a Pearl Flip, and am receiving my work email through a BES. I have 2 questions:

1. How can I create folders for my yahoo account and other personal accounts (or see the ones I already have) on my bb? When I try to file a message away, the only folder option I have is "Spam." I cannot see any of the folders I have created in my yahoo account, and cannot find a way to add folders in the blackberry.

2. Because I am on a BES, there is no separate mail icon for my work account- messages just come into the main inbox. This makes it difficult to keep them separated from my personal accounts, which obviously also appear in that inbox. Is there a way to hide the messages from my personal accounts in that mailbox, so that I would see them only in their own inboxes?

Thanks.
    09-07-09 07:19 PM
    By design, all messages go to the Messages Folder, as well as to their respective BIS inboxes. You can't turn this off. BES only goes to the Messages Folder, where all the other mail also goes. So if you are on BES, there is no way to separate the Enterprise mail and the BIS mail. Some people choose to separate the SMS and email inboxes and hide the Messages folder. The other option (that I prefer) is to let the Message Folder be a one-stop-shop for all message traffic. I don't separate SMS and emails, and I hide the email inboxes. It's user preference, either way.

Here is a 3rd party app that will give you a BES mail box. I haven't used it. Empower your BlackBerry with HTML Email Viewer and BES MailBox
    09-07-09 08:38 PM
    Thanks- any thoughts on the email folders: How can I create folders for my yahoo account and other personal accounts (or see the ones I already have) on my bb? When I try to file a message away, the only folder option I have is "Spam." I cannot see any of the folders I have created in my yahoo account, and cannot find a way to add folders in the blackberry.
    10-15-09 12:39 PM
    Folders can only be used with BES mail. There is no option for folders with BIS mail.
    10-15-09 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD