what if blackberry focus on software only, from bb10, qnx, bes and all other non-hardware products and services....will it be more successful?
    and licensed bb10 os to other phone manufacturer, just like google did.
    do major development on bbm and maybe doc-to-go, imho blackberry will be more dominant inthe industry..

posted with authority via my amazing passport
    02-13-15 07:05 AM
    Will BlackBerry can and will focus a lot on software as time goes on. Hardware, who knows what will happen but I think sales are doing fine. Not sure on that though. If they let others use their software on their devices, we'd lose our top security partially. Windows is pretty secure though and they have other company's do the hardware.. Not sure how they do it but it will bring down the security levels.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 07:49 AM
    BlackBerry still needs to focus on phones and that's where Foxconn comes in. I prefer BlackBerry to make all devices at Foxconn and have BlackBerry focus strictly on software. Of course BlackBerry would still design the phone. It'd be like what Apple does.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 07:52 AM
    exactly....
    02-13-15 08:23 AM
    Being end to end means you have responsibility to ensure everything is kosher from A-Z. It is the only way you can maintain security.
    How BlackBerry Security Begins At The Endpoints | Inside BlackBerry for Business Blog
    That being said, the majority of this equation is software and services. HW is only crucial if they can not get the software side to be agnostic.

Seeing as how they have already started becoming agnostic...BBM, secure workspace... This is already in the works.
    02-13-15 08:29 AM
    what if blackberry focus on software only, from bb10, qnx, bes and all other non-hardware products and services....will it be more successful?
    and licensed bb10 os to other phone manufacturer, just like google did.
    do major development on bbm and maybe doc-to-go, imho blackberry will be more dominant inthe industry..

Problem with licensing BB10 is that nobody that makes Android and has google play services can touch it (if you are part of OHA you cannot build an Android fork phone which BB10 kinda is with the runtime). So no Samsung, HTC, LG etc.

Second, most people on this forums love BB for their phones so a software-only BB would not be the same BB anymore.
    02-13-15 08:41 AM
    Problem with licensing BB10 is that nobody that makes Android and has google play services can touch it (if you are part of OHA you cannot build an Android fork phone which BB10 kinda is with the runtime). So no Samsung, HTC, LG etc.

Second, most people on this forums love BB for their phones so a software-only BB would not be the same BB anymore.
    samsung I think would love producing bb10 phones, they tries with tizen before, further more blackberry has worked with them on security aspect of it. initially, the phone will designed by blackberry, to ensure end-to-end security preserved, (maybe reproduce passport) andas it progress new phone will be introduced....
    both samsung and blackberry can work together closely o this....

02-13-15 09:10 AM
    samsung I think would love producing bb10 phones, they tries with tizen before, further more blackberry has worked with them on security aspect of it. initially, the phone will designed by blackberry, to ensure end-to-end security preserved, (maybe reproduce passport) andas it progress new phone will be introduced....

Well, tizen is no android fork.

Second, yes they would like their own OS, but at this moment going with anything other than Android as their main OS would make them lose a lot of customers and I don't think they would like.
    02-13-15 09:13 AM
    Samsung's interest in an alternative OS is that Samsung (and not BB or anyone else) would be in control of it. Otherwise, why leave Android, when it has brought them so much success, and has so much support? Samsung hopes to use Tizen anywhere that (they assume) people won't care about a lack of apps and Google support, including some smart watches, appliances, etc., so for phones, that means phone sold in places where most people don't have access to or use Google Services now - such as China, where they are blocked, and in a few emerging markets where a really low price might be more attractive than apps and Google. But even that is far from a sure bet, which is why Samsung signed a 10-year agreement with Google last year concerning Android.
    02-13-15 11:58 AM
    Samsung's interest in an alternative OS is that Samsung (and not BB or anyone else) would be in control of it. Otherwise, why leave Android, when it has brought them so much success, and has so much support? Samsung hopes to use Tizen anywhere that (they assume) people won't care about a lack of apps and Google support, including some smart watches, appliances, etc., so for phones, that means phone sold in places where most people don't have access to or use Google Services now - such as China, where they are blocked, and in a few emerging markets where a really low price might be more attractive than apps and Google. But even that is far from a sure bet, which is why Samsung signed a 10-year agreement with Google last year concerning Android.
    samsung can conttinue producing android.... and with 10.3.1 support from google dirctly will not be missed.
    and since google not available in china, it will be the huge market for samsung/blackberry.

02-13-15 12:17 PM
    Samsung can't touch BB10 as long as it contains the Android runtime, and without that, BB10 doesn't have enough apps to interest anyone.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post10740388
    02-13-15 12:37 PM