I realize there have been some older threads however they haven't been active for some time.

My question is simple....

Will we have Flash Player on Blackberry OS 7? and if so When?

This seems to be an area where we are users are behind the competition. Now if I just don't know how to enable it and don't know what I am talking about, I would appreciate help with that also.

Thanks in advance.
    09-14-11 02:35 PM
    No, there will not be Flash on OS7. Maybe on QNX BlackBerry devices.

Keep in mind that iPhone don't have Flash support and the sale are good.

Having said that, I love having Flash browser on my Android!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-11 02:36 PM
    I realize we don't have it now, but are there plans?
    09-14-11 02:38 PM
    Not for os7

09-14-11 02:40 PM
    No. OS 7 will never have Flash support.

In the future, QNX BlackBerry devices will probably airport Flash.

09-14-11 02:41 PM
    Bummer, this new device I have is beautiful and the speed enhancements are amazing over my 9650. With the updated browsing using HTML 5.0 you would think it would be relatively simple to make flash a part of it.

Oh well.
    09-14-11 02:43 PM
    Adobe just revealed a Flash Media Server for Apple devices, perhaps this is not too far off for RIM.

Adobe gets Flash video onto Apple iOS gadgets, but not the full monty - Computer Business Review
    09-14-11 03:48 PM
    Adobe spends time force-feeding iOS with Flash yet won't spend development effort to get Flash onto OS7, where users would welcome it. Grrr...

The Playbook's development is partially built on Adobe's Air, so I suspect it will always get Flash support.
    09-22-11 05:32 AM
    Most sites with embedded videos have already moved over from Flash to HTML5, which we have support for in OS7.

The only remaining Flash in use is pop-up ads... and do we really want to view those on our Berries?

09-22-11 05:55 AM
    I believe there are more flash things then just popups. You do know those same popups or ads will be converted to html5 also right? There is no escaping unless blockers become aval like firefox etc have.
    09-22-11 06:50 AM
    Most sites with embedded videos have already moved over from Flash to HTML5, which we have support for in OS7.

The only remaining Flash in use is pop-up ads... and do we really want to view those on our Berries?

No way! I wouldn't want to see any of those. They're all blocked on my computer's browsers.

09-22-11 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD