My question is this: are contacts stored on the phone's flash memory or the onboard memory card. I know they can't be stored on a media card that can be inserted or removed by the user.
    I ask because my boss has a lot of contacts that he keeps on his Storm (somwhere between 2000 and 3000) and he is looking to upgrade to the Storm2 or the Tour. I would like to provide the most memory possible so that he has plenty of space for all his contacts and other apps or media files he wants to store.
    Both the Tour and Storm2 have 256 MB of flash memory, which is double that of the Storm's 128 MB. But, the Storm2 has a 2 GB onboard storage card while the Tour just has 256 MB, same as it's flash memory. If contacts are stored on flash memory, it doesn't matter which phone he gets since both have the same flash memory size, but if contacts are stored to the onboard memory, Storm2 has the clear advantage.
    I have searched this site and BlackBerry's site and can't find a definitive answer. Where are the contacts stored, in flash memory or the onboard memory?

Thanks
    12-17-09 03:20 PM
    Contacts are sorted on the flash. Not the onboard or media card. Proof: Bold 9700 does not have on board memory.
    12-17-09 03:24 PM
    Yup, and contacts take up a very small amount of memory, even if you have a couple thousand.
    12-17-09 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD