It seems a lot of Android users are disappointed b/c many of their phones will not get Flash due to their processor. Phones like the Nexus One and Motorola Droid are getting flash because they have the Snapdragon and TI OMAP processors. The HTC Eris will not get Flash, which runs on the Qualcomm 7600 like the Storm/Storm2.

I wonder if this means bad news for many Storm1/2 users like myself.

I'm unable to find a clear answer as to what the Bold 9700 processor is, but maybe it will get flash with its 624mhz processor.

If the Storm2 does have a Qualcomm 7627 processor (as some people think), maybe we're in luck as the Motorola Devour supports flash and it also runs on the same processor.

Then again, each of these OS's use up processor resources differently, maybe the cpu logic of android does not apply to our Blackberries.

I guess we'll find out soon enough...
    02-28-10 07:42 PM
    The Bold chip is built off of PXA900 which is ARMv5TE based (the 9700 uses the EXACT chip from the 9000) so from Adobes stance, yeah the 9700 would be out of luck along with every GSM berry out now that remotely powerful (8520, 8900,9000).

I doubt any current device will run flash thats out now unless its CDMA.

Still you most likely wont even see Flash for a LONG TIME. RIM still cant even get 5.0 out the gate from carriers, the Webkit browser users were told would be out this summer has been pushed to "some time this year" (read: tail end of the year) and the official word on Flash is "were working on it with Adobe and we are a partner of the Open Screen Project"

Wouldn't surprise me if RIM released Flash with a new more powerful device and just says, sorry guys your **** is too slow.
    02-28-10 10:38 PM
    Or RIM could handle the Flash rendering on the browser proxy servers in their NOC like Bolt does it now and how it currently handles web browsing anyway.
    02-28-10 11:26 PM
    Or RIM could handle the Flash rendering on the browser proxy servers in their NOC like Bolt does it now and how it currently handles web browsing anyway.
    You know, if you keep making sense and being all logical and stuff, I may
    have to ban you
    02-28-10 11:39 PM
    I thought that the webkit browser demo that RIM did at the WMC had a flash add displayed on it, and that was displayed on a 9700.
    03-01-10 12:47 AM
    it was prob what Civic said and done one the server. From what Adobe has said the 9700 chip wont do it (or else theyd release it publicly) and its not likely Flash 10.1 for the BB is finished.

Was prob just done on the server for the demo.
    03-01-10 01:26 AM
    Adobe did say that Flash was coming to all phones in summer 2010 (including BlackBerry) except for iPhone.... of course since then they've ruled out WinMo 6.5, older Android devices, Palm Pixi...
    03-01-10 01:35 AM
    And here's the other side of things... Fenec has already been shown and demo'd for Android. Fenec will be doing browser rendering similar to what Bolt is doing (on the server), so what's to keep them from bringing Flash to Android devices which were excluded from the native capability by Adobe that way?.... nothing really.

I think we'll find that "there's more then one way to skin the cat"...
    03-01-10 09:18 AM
    Adobe did say that Flash was coming to all phones in summer 2010 (including BlackBerry) except for iPhone.... of course since then they've ruled out WinMo 6.5, older Android devices, Palm Pixi...
    Adobe nor RIM have announced any date regarding flash and Blackberry. The official statement is is the first half of 2010 for some devices (Android and WebOS 1.4) with more devices jumping on later. As it stands they have only stated RIM is part of the Open Screen Project.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-10 12:34 PM
    guys,
    the htc hero has a browser with flash since almost 1 year ago. look at the specs. see?
    03-01-10 01:51 PM
    I believe the current generation of BB's can support flash, but it'll need server help. Hey, what ever happened to the Skyfire? Ever since an alpha was released on the web, we haven't heard anything new from them.
    03-02-10 12:10 PM
    I believe the current generation of BB's can support flash...
    Epic fail...nope.
    03-07-10 09:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD