as far as I remember the next pkb device is a mid range device

im still happy with my passport se Im not following the trend of replacing device a year or even every two years. Thats my intention before with my Q10 unfortunately someone stole it to me (used it for 18 months). I replaced it with classic only to experience some hardware issue
    (transition device to real target passport se).

Hopefully after the day my passport se die (loool) BlackBerry will still make a flagship BlackBerry device (android)

Posted via CB10
    09-14-16 06:42 AM
    There will still be BlackBerry flagships....

But it will be like comparing the flagship of the Peruvian Navy to the flagship of say Great Britain or France. BlackBerry is a buyer and reseller of hardware, and they do this in very low volumes. They simple are not in the same game as Apple, Samsung or HTC. And I think the PRIV pretty well showed that the $600+ price point is just not where their market is. The future is enterprise, and generally midgrade devcies.
    jaydee5799 and bakron1 like this.
    09-14-16 08:35 AM
    as far as I remember the next pkb device is a mid range device

im still happy with my passport se Im not following the trend of replacing device a year or even every two years. Thats my intention before with my Q10 unfortunately someone stole it to me (used it for 18 months). I replaced it with classic only to experience some hardware issue
    (transition device to real target passport se).

Hopefully after the day my passport se die (loool) BlackBerry will still make a flagship BlackBerry device (android)

Posted via CB10
    Any device BlackBerry makes in Android is going to be less than flagship model. If it's always going to have a PKB especially.
    09-14-16 08:49 AM
    I agree with the OP. The next pkb device should be flagship material. But I suspect it will have the same specs as PRIV but just a re-jigged form factor...kind of similar to what they did with Classic or Leap.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv STV100-1
    09-14-16 09:11 AM
    People in the market for PKB generally aren't looking for cutting-edge specs, or at least it's not their priority as it is for VKB Android users.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-14-16 09:29 AM
    There will still be BlackBerry flagships....
    They simple are not in the same game as Apple, Samsung
    But they don't sink due to cracked screens or exploding batteries-- lol. Many who like BlackBerrys, like them a lot and are not into specs. You can actually like your car, if it does well what you want, even if Chevys or Hyundais have more horsepower and sell better.

BB, Still the One
    Last edited by TCB on Z10; 09-14-16 at 08:07 PM.
    09-14-16 07:42 PM
    Any device BlackBerry makes in Android is going to be less than flagship model. If it's always going to have a PKB especially.
    yeah. actually its a long shot because only 0.3 of the market only tolerates/love BlackBerry with pkb.. so if BlackBerry android will release another pkb I expect it to be mid range just like the next one that they will release. It is more of a wishful thinking haha

I dont see switching device soon as im having hard time using my cheap android phone. haha im struggling withe vkb

Posted via CB10
    09-14-16 10:02 PM
    The midranger BlackBerry should perform well, back in the early years of android one could argue that only high range devices are the real deal. Now its not like that anymore. And indeed the next BlackBerry device is a PKB mid-range device in specs, but mid to high range in price. Expect $400-450.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    09-15-16 09:49 AM
    I thought the rumour was a spec out all touch in October then the pkb in or around Feb? I wish they would release another z30 upgraded of course. With bb10. But we forced to the mess of Android. Or a flip phone. Which sounds more appealing than android

Posted via CB10
    09-15-16 10:19 AM
    I thought the rumour was a spec out all touch in October then the pkb in or around Feb? I wish they would release another z30 upgraded of course. With bb10. But we forced to the mess of Android. Or a flip phone. Which sounds more appealing than android

Posted via CB10
    Just false rumors. Only a PKB android device, no all touch devices coming anytime soon.
    09-15-16 10:59 AM
    Just false rumors. Only a PKB android device, no all touch devices coming anytime soon.
    Mm I was waiting to see what that was like. Guess I am keeping my z30 longer.

#luvmybb10os
    Last edited by silversmith75; 09-17-16 at 11:25 PM.
    09-15-16 04:57 PM
    Mm I was waiting to see what that. Was like. Guess I am keeping my z30 longer.

#luvmybb10os
    Unfortunately not a lot of attractive VKB options lately. The Priv is still an excellent device even if you won't use the PKB much.
    medic22003 likes this.
    09-15-16 05:57 PM
    Will this pkb device be a BlackBerry build?

--Classic, 9700, Playbook, flip - posted using crackberry app --
    09-15-16 09:29 PM
    Hahaha dead in the water I feel. Oh how BlackBerry has fallen into the toilet. It's sad really. All those naysayers before were right. Oh well, no sleep till BlackBerry 10 I guess!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-15-16 10:00 PM
    Who knows if BB produces any more phones, period? Hopefully we get info at the earnings call but I'm not holding my breath.
    09-15-16 10:45 PM
    Many who like BlackBerrys, like them a lot and are not into specs.
    I've been a BlackBerry user for about 15 years, primarily because of the PKB . Blackberry has always been the premier messaging device.

I'll disagree slightly here. BB10 was/is very efficient. You could do more with less. I still love my Passport, and even my old 9900 was a gem.

I've used Android and Apple devices throughout the years but preferred BlackBerry. Android is acceptable with the current BlackBerry twist, but takes better hardware to do as much as my Passport.

Posted from my reluctantly purchased Priv
    09-15-16 10:58 PM
    Will this pkb device be a BlackBerry build?

--Classic, 9700, Playbook, flip - posted using crackberry app --
    Manufactured by someone else, but for sure designed by BlackBerry. Meaning you won't see a re-branded device like the DTEK50. Something like the Classic that was made by Foxconn but designed by BlackBerry. It will be an original elegant BB for sure.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    09-16-16 07:19 AM
    Thanks for that great news!! I'm looking forward to this device, because even though I'd love the Priv it's still too expensive for me. And our problem in Aus is that there isn't a BlackBerry store, nor a BlackBerry authorised seller. (and with the priv I need the 3 version which I need to buy from BlackBerry CA store and then do a mail re-direct.)
    09-16-16 07:28 AM
    Missing the Bold/Q10 form factor.

No chance of that form factor ever being resurrected on Android, however.
    09-16-16 11:21 AM
    There is only one sales centre and after sales service in Kuala lumpur then how to capture the malaysia market !

Posted via CB10
    09-16-16 06:39 PM
    There is only one sales centre and after sales service in Kuala lumpur then how to capture the malaysia market !

Posted via CB10
    At least you've got one authorised seller. (None in Aus!)
    09-16-16 07:03 PM
    Manufactured by someone else, but for sure designed by BlackBerry. Meaning you won't see a re-branded device like the DTEK50. Something like the Classic that was made by Foxconn but designed by BlackBerry. It will be an original elegant BB for sure.
    Thanks for reminding about the idol 4 este dtek50. That's also the one reason for sure u will not see a re branded device because no one uses pkb on their device anymore except BlackBerry. haha

Posted via CB10
    09-16-16 07:52 PM
    That's also the one reason for sure u will not see a re branded device because no one uses pkb on their device anymore except BlackBerry. haha
    Exactly, I didn't want to state the obvious xD.
    09-17-16 03:14 AM
    Exactly, I didn't want to state the obvious xD.
    the cheeaapest BlackBerry Dtek50 hehe

Posted via CB10
    09-17-16 11:41 AM
    I'm looking forward to seeing it. I love the pkb, but not so much sliders. That, and the price, kept me away from the Priv. Any guess as to the price range of the this one?

Posted via CB10
    09-17-16 12:38 PM
30 12