is there amedia player that supports flac?
    or is it even worth it?
    can the BB hardware pull that off even if the media player supported it?

i have a big collection of music in flac format and itsa wast of time trying to encode it into MP3 for my Mp3 player and itunes for my ipod...

i wish companies stopped pushing their own codecs and accept the ones that are already out (apple and its lossless format is a good example) could just use flac, its free and flac would probably.... anyway its ********
    like 300 different formats for meomry sticks, audiocd dvd formats ....

is there gonna be a time when we have a single format for each media type?
    09-27-09 11:11 PM
    Mmm, MP3s are pretty darn universal already, even though it's not open source. The only companies that really "push" their own standards onto consumers are Sony and Apple. This is why I'll never buy their products, and this is one of the reasons why I like BlackBerries. You could use any memory card, any microUSB cable (depending on model) to connect to the phone, drag and drop whatever you want onto it, and buy from any app store.
    FLAC just wouldn't be worth it on a BB though. The sound quality cannot compare to a dedicated stereo system, a computer with a good sound card, or even a "Rockboxed" MP3 player. You will probably not notice any difference transcoding your collection into MP3s and fitting a whole lot more onto your SD card as a result.
    Also, (correct me if I'm wrong) FLAC kills the battery, just like OGG Vorbis.
    09-28-09 05:22 AM
    ye i belive u right flac depends alot more on cpu power for decoding the audio
    09-28-09 05:30 PM
    is there amedia player that supports flac?
    or is it even worth it?
    can the BB hardware pull that off even if the media player supported it?

i have a big collection of music in flac format and itsa wast of time trying to encode it into MP3 for my Mp3 player and itunes for my ipod...

i wish companies stopped pushing their own codecs and accept the ones that are already out (apple and its lossless format is a good example) could just use flac, its free and flac would probably.... anyway its ********
    like 300 different formats for meomry sticks, audiocd dvd formats and sht.

is there gonna be a time when we have a single format for each media type?
    Since when has Apple worried about ease of use for its customers?
    09-28-09 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD