This would be funnier if it were, you know, true. Apple launched new computer hardware last week (MacBook Air, Cinema Display, Mac Mini), alongside the "Lion" release. So, that's actually three (3) products within the last month, despite having just one CEO. RIM in the last month? Nada. In fact, there were more Apple products within the last week than RIM has launched since mid-2010.
    Hmm I had no idea about these launches. It seems you are right. PS - that Cinema Display thing looks sweet.
    07-28-11 07:21 AM
    Cartoons only need to be funny--they don't need to be constructive.
    Clearly you missed the comment in which I was responding to. It was quoted in my comment.
    07-28-11 07:22 AM
    If you don't see why RIM is the buttt of jokes, you need to clear your head. Seriously.
    It's not the cartoon, it's the way the person posted it on a Blackberry forum with the comment "Sad but true", and why he did it: to troll (explained below). After that, in regards to posting an anti-Apple cartoon on an Apple forum, admitting

I'm sure it would "elicit a hostile response" to Apple Fan boys as well... What's your point? I'm sure there are babies over there as well...
    So he posted this knowing that it would "elicit a hostile response"...

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response
    Anyways, I'm done with this thread, if you have any rebuttals, feel free to PM me.
    07-28-11 07:32 AM
    The last two comics posted here from there had good humor by poking fun at them, this one does seem to be more of a personal attack than a poking fun at comic. I don't really feels its to do with "not wanting to hear the truth" as much as they just seemed to try a little to hard with this one to ride the viral mob mentality that's trendy right now against RIM. This comic was ******** and its not because I am offended by the negativity towards my brand of choice but because it simply wasn't funny.
    07-28-11 07:46 AM
    Why is the term "fanboy" deemed as being a negative?
    Because Fanboys are blind with bias.

Fanboy = Happy Customer
    No. That is just part of it. A fanboy also consists of someone defending their desired brand to the death. Someone who will defend the desired brand even if said brand is wrong. Someone who will do anything just to try and make their desired brand look better. That is a fanboy. You labeled one part. They are loyalists who let their passion for the company cloud their judgement about everything and anything else, and if you say something negative about their said company, you will be their target. It is one thing to defend a company when someone says something completely wrong, but these people defend just to defend.

What do you call a Blackberry user who likes his/her Blackberry?
    A fan, or a person who is happy with their device. A fanboy is TOTALLY different.
    Last edited by avt123; 07-28-11 at 07:54 AM.
    howarmat and dynot like this.
    07-28-11 07:50 AM
    Because Fanboys are blind with bias.
    A fan, or a person who is happy with their device. A fanboy is TOTALLY different.
    You missed my point.

There was a reason that Apple had strong supporters. They needed to be heard above the Windows majority.

Why is there over four pages of comments debating whether a cartoon satirizing RIM is funny?
    Last edited by sosumi11; 07-28-11 at 10:47 AM.
    01itr likes this.
    07-28-11 10:38 AM
    You missed my point.

There was a reason that Apple had strong supporters. They needed to be heard above the Windows majority.

Why is there over four pages of comments debating whether a cartoon satirizing RIM is funny?
    No I didn't miss your point. You said fanboys are just happy customers. Thats not the full story.

And I don't know why people are debating if the cartoon is funny or not. I found it to be humorous.
    07-28-11 12:47 PM
    Let them think what they want. I have faith in RIM.
    I laughed so hard when I saw this lol

On a side note:
    (To be able to post links or images your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 4 posts.)

weak... I can't even quote images
    07-28-11 12:52 PM
    No I didn't miss your point. You said fanboys are just happy customers. Thats not the full story.
    The full story is that Apple's fanboys were happy customers that were vocal about it because Windows was "good enough". The Apple fanboy is fading away because Apple is popular now.

Microsoft never had fanboys. They had followers. New Windows users just followed their neighbors and friends.

RIM never had fanboys. They didn't need them. Blackberries were status symbols.

Until now.
    K Bear likes this.
    07-28-11 03:48 PM
    07-28-11 04:10 PM
    The full story is that Apple's fanboys were happy customers that were vocal about it because Windows was "good enough". The Apple fanboy is fading away because Apple is popular now.
    Hmmm. . . still less than 10% share worldwide in computers, so you might want to define "popular." Sure, Mac growth currently outpaces PCs, but in all fairness, that's not hard to do in light of Apple's historically low share.

Apple struggled for so long because of several factors, but most significant was the perception that Macs were not a viable option for most people. Apple has managed to shed this perception in recent years (at least in the eyes of many), thus allowing significant growth.
    07-28-11 04:18 PM

Microsoft never had fanboys. They had followers. New Windows users just followed their neighbors and friends.
    I've seen my fair share of Windows users who you could easily term Fanboy. And I'm talkin as far back as the inception of Windows and the first Mac. In the 90's, I've seen arguments over the whole Windows vs Mac debate that would make a lot of the trolling you see today look like child's play. Windows 3.x was an absolute nightmare, but you'd still see Windows users irrationally defend it to their last breath. Of course, back then nobody really said "I'm a Windows fan" as it was generally just "I'm a PC/Microsoft fan."
    07-28-11 04:25 PM

RIM never had fanboys. They didn't need them. Blackberries were status symbols.

Until now.
    I joined this site in 2008, RIM fanboys were present. Windows has had fanboys as far as I can remember, Apple ones have always been the most vocal like you said.

MS fanboys really started to show when the Zune came out. Not to mention when other mobile OSs started to emerge and push WM to the bottom of the list. Let's not mention the Mac vs. PC wars in the 90s.

I don't know if you were around when the Storm forums were first created, but that was fanboy and crybaby central. We had people on this forums not becoming fanboys of just RIM, but becoming fanboys of their device model."My 9000 is better than your 9500", "Real BB users don't use touchscreens" and then the insane bashing that went on.
    Last edited by avt123; 07-28-11 at 05:02 PM.
    K Bear likes this.
    07-28-11 04:59 PM
    Ugh, more RIM death threads and rumors and hoaxes. RIM isn't dying. People still use blackberries, BIS and BES still operate and carriers haven't stopped selling blackberries or BIS offerings. NOC hasn't been shutdown either, rim is still thriving, their offices aren't closed... Please relax and take all of this as a grain of salt (like I do) unless you work for them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-11 05:09 PM
    You geeks are way to serious if you took offence to that. Lmao, wow.
    07-28-11 05:36 PM
    Haha, that cartoon is classic. Cmon lighten up blackberry fans even Kevin the fearless crackberry leader had a laugh at it. Gosh. Also, laughed Schmidt was carrying a blackberry he was liking it too. Lol
    07-28-11 07:53 PM
    Let them think what they want. I have faith in RIM.
    Haters gonna Keep hating man, you said it right. See when RIM is in top of their game, then people will say 'we had faith in RIM' losers
    07-29-11 09:42 AM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD