07-27-11 06:35 AM
    Let them think what they want. I have faith in RIM.

mag0842, lunatyck, audioAl and 1 others like this.
    07-27-11 07:27 AM
    Where's my popcorn?
    07-27-11 07:57 AM
    Has CB completely lost its sense of humor?

And, say what you want, there is a heck of a lot of truth in that cartoon.
    There may be some truth, but there is also a lot that is untrue, and merely based on speculation and opinion.

The whole cartoon is solely aimed at portraying RIM in a negative light. Posting this on a Blackberry supporter forum is just asking for retaliation.
    07-27-11 08:12 AM
    What is wrong with people these days?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-11 08:16 AM
    Yes, the absolute horror of someone making a cartoon poking fun at a company that hasn't been on it's "A" game for at least three to four years now.

Yes, just what is wrong with people these days???
    I think CBers (or at least me) are tired of all the "fun poking" going on these days.

Flogging a dead horse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    07-27-11 08:27 AM
    07-27-11 08:41 AM
    The humor in that was meh.
    quellerie likes this.
    07-27-11 08:42 AM
    I highly doubt your motive for posting this was to give all of us CB users a good laugh. Especially judging from your recent posts.

07-27-11 08:46 AM
    Oh relax people, it's a comic.

Take a chill pill, if you don't enjoy the comic, move along.
    07-27-11 08:52 AM
    To extend upon your previous comment about Humour.

Though ultimately decided by personal taste, the extent to which an individual will find something humorous depends upon a host of variables, including geographical location, culture, maturity, level of education, intelligence and context.
    Now, albeit the Crackberry forums are not a geographical location, it does follow the same rationale. It would be akin to making a racist joke about Indian people with your buddies, who may think it is funny, and making that same joke in India, where it would be regarded as hostile.

Do you follow what I am saying? This is only my opinion.
    07-27-11 08:53 AM
    I think CBers (or at least me) are tired of all the "fun poking" going on these days.

Flogging a dead horse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I'm with you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01itr likes this.
    07-27-11 09:02 AM
    Now, albeit the Crackberry forums are not a geographical location, it does follow the same rationale. It would be akin to making a racist joke about Indian people with your buddies, who may think it is funny, and making that same joke in India, where it would be regarded as hostile..
    Are you seriously linking racism to a joke about a electronic gadget?

WOW, you do need a sense of humor.
    Rooster99 and bhavi_jp like this.
    07-27-11 09:30 AM
    I highly doubt your motive for posting this was to give all of us CB users a good laugh. Especially judging from your recent posts.
    Laugh, it's good for you.
    07-27-11 09:32 AM
    There may be some truth, but there is also a lot that is untrue, and merely based on speculation and opinion.

The whole cartoon is solely aimed at portraying RIM in a negative light. Posting this on a Blackberry supporter forum is just asking for retaliation.
    Then I suggest you contact the creators at The Joy of Tech comic... throwing a banana cream pie in the face of technology. and retaliate. Fire away!
    07-27-11 09:34 AM
    Are you seriously linking racism to a joke about a electronic gadget?

WOW, you do need a sense of humor.
    Fallacy: Ad Hominem

The most perfidious manner of injuring a cause is to vindicate it intentionally with fallacious arguments.
    Funny cartoon that definitely weaves in more than a "bit" of truth.

Gotta be able to laugh. And, face the reality that RIM is sailing in rough waters these days... in a dinghy no less.
    What's untrue?
    07-27-11 09:35 AM
    If we plan to bring race into this comic, you best believe that this thing will be shut down.

Please, let's not take it that far folks.
    bhavi_jp, K Bear and Rooster99 like this.
    07-27-11 09:43 AM
    What's untrue?
    \

In the Anger section: Many customers do want their products, that's why they still sell millions of phones every year...

Speaking of "every reviewer of the PlayBook on the planet", there actually are some that like the PlayBook (BGR even!)

Saying that RIMs devices are not popular (in Bargaining), see the point about selling millions of phones.

Adding extra executives who can plan and oversee future layoffs? That one is pure opinion and speculation.
    07-27-11 09:44 AM
    If we plan to bring race into this comic, you best believe that this thing will be shut down.

Please, let's not take it that far folks.
    Sorry, I was just trying to draw a parallel to get my point across, let me see if I can change that up a bit.

Edit: Although that would make the response to it out of context, I don't think I was being racist, just using an example. Sorry if I've offended anyone.
    07-27-11 09:44 AM
    \

In the Anger section: Many customers do want their products, that's why they still sell millions of phones every year...
    They revised their guidance downward because demand cratered, and Jim B. held an unscheduled conference call in which he complained of RIM's aging product line. Also note the 500K PlayBooks's "shipped" in 6 weeks.

Speaking of "every reviewer of the PlayBook on the planet", there actually are some that like the PlayBook (BGR even!)
    Yes, there were a handful of positive reviews.

Saying that RIMs devices are not popular (in Bargaining), see the point about selling millions of phones.
    Again, see last quarter's revised guidance and PlayBook "shipped" numbers.

Adding extra executives who can plan and oversee future layoffs? That one is pure opinion and speculation.
    This is clearly parody. But at the same time, it flows directly from the fact that RIM has more CEOs (2) than product launches (1) in the last 11 months. Enough said.
    07-27-11 10:04 AM
    They revised their guidance downward because demand cratered, and Jim B. held an unscheduled conference call in which he complained of RIM's aging product line. Also note the 500K PlayBooks's "shipped" in 6 weeks.
    Just because they are selling less phones than they anticipated, does not mean that they are selling less phones.

This is clearly parody. But at the same time, it flows directly from the fact that RIM has more CEOs (2) than product launches (1) in the last 11 months. Enough said.
    I don't really understand the point you are trying to make with this? If RIM does (as they say) release 7 new products by the end of this year (5 months), they will have released more products (7) than CEOs (2) in the past 5 months... does this make the CEOs better? :S

And why use 11 months? Just because it then you don't have to count the Torch and botch your whole "point" right? Well, Apple has more CEOs (1) than product launches (0) in the past month. Enough said.
    07-27-11 10:10 AM
    I found the cartoon specifically racist as it only contained two old white guys and a blue unicorn. I would have preferred to see a younger purple guy, an older green lady, and a yellow unisex unicorn to mix it up!

In all seriousness, it is sad what is happening to RIM. Apple is rolling away with the prize. They are the leaders now. My next phone will be an iPhone, but I still like to see BB around trying to push Apple into new areas (like iMessage).

The article I posted yesterday in the Mac area of this forum (http://forums.crackberry.com/apple-i...rticle-632733/) definitely has some truth to it, too.
    01itr likes this.
    07-27-11 10:23 AM
    To extend upon your previous comment about Humour.

Now, albeit the Crackberry forums are not a geographical location, it does follow the same rationale. It would be akin to making a racist joke about Indian people with your buddies, who may think it is funny, and making that same joke in India, where it would be regarded as hostile.

Do you follow what I am saying? This is only my opinion.
    They may think it is funny, but that doesn't make the remark any less racist or you (generalization) any less for them finding humor in it.

BTW, the cartoon is hilarious. "That's not fair!" lmao.
    07-27-11 10:53 AM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD