... Posting this on a Blackberry supporter forum is just asking for retaliation.
    If you read the banner, this site is "#1 for Blackberry users ... and abusers". It's not a RIM fan site. It's to help Berry users.

As a Berry user who is choked at poor performance and a dim future, someone telling RIM to pull their socks up is definitely acting on my behalf.

- R.
    Buzz_Dengue, 1812dave and K Bear like this.
    07-27-11 11:38 AM
    If you read the banner, this site is "#1 for Blackberry users ... and abusers". It's not a RIM fan site. It's to help Berry users.

As a Berry user who is choked at poor performance and a dim future, someone telling RIM to pull their socks up is definitely acting on my behalf.

- R.
    I'm sorry, where in the cartoon is there constructive criticism?

Maybe when they are suggesting RIM focus on Nokia and all the problems will go away?
    Maybe when they suggest a deal with Android or magically acquiring some iPad magic?
    Maybe when they suggest adding another level of executives who can plan and oversee future layoffs?
    Last edited by 01itr; 07-27-11 at 11:48 AM.
    07-27-11 11:45 AM
    OMG enough! its a fracking cartoon meant for humor...if you lack humor then go find another damn thread to troll
    1812dave, bhavi_jp, K Bear and 1 others like this.
    07-27-11 11:50 AM
    Why would a cartoon have to be constructive is beyond comprehension. Unless its war propaganda cartoon or single child government program.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
    07-27-11 11:54 AM
    OMG enough! its a fracking cartoon meant for humor...if you lack humor then go find another damn thread to troll
    Nothing is wrong with a cartoon for humour. But if people agree with certain parts, and I disagree with them, I do have a right to express my opinion, just like they do.

I'm sorry if you think this is "trolling".
    07-27-11 11:55 AM
    It's clearly a satire cartoon, wow, relax fan boys, and quit getting so upset, and laugh a little.

Satire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Rooster99 likes this.
    07-27-11 11:55 AM
    It's clearly a satire cartoon, wow, relax fan boys, and quit getting so upset, and laugh a little.

Satire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    There is nothing wrong with the cartoon, it was how and where you put it. Posting it on a Blackberry forum would be the same as posting a cartoon ridiculing Apple on an iPhone forum. Would that not elicit a hostile response?
    mobibiz likes this.
    07-27-11 12:00 PM
    Oh boy, I hope this smooths things out.

Here is one of your fearless leaders, laughing. Maybe you should try it too, if you're so upset about a satire cartoon. notice how his mouth is slighty open, and his upper lip appear to be in the shape of a half-moon? This is called a smile. Give it a try.

Buzz_Dengue and mobibiz like this.
    07-27-11 12:03 PM
    There is nothing wrong with the cartoon, it was how and where you put it. Posting it on a Blackberry forum would be the same as posting a cartoon ridiculing Apple on an iPhone forum. Would that not elicit a hostile response?
    I'm sure it would "elicit a hostile response" to Apple Fan boys as well... What's your point? I'm sure there are babies over there as well...

Maybe somebody should create a cartoon about Apple and the millions of iPads they are selling? I mean what do you want me to say? Political cartoon'ist don't create satire images of world leaders when they are doing good, they kick them when they are down. No difference here...
    Last edited by calaviqpfza4; 07-27-11 at 12:17 PM. Reason: typo
    psufan32 likes this.
    07-27-11 12:05 PM
    Oh boy, I hope this smooths things out.

Here is one of your fearless leaders, laughing. Maybe you should try it too, if you're so upset about a satire cartoon. notice how his mouth is slighty open, and his upper lip appear to be in the shape of a half-moon? This is called a smile. Give it a try.
    Fallacy: Red Herring

It seems you will never answer any of my comments. Have fun with your thread.
    07-27-11 12:06 PM
    Fanboys will get upset, no one else. Not all people who post on Apple sites are fanboys.
    scorpiodsu and K Bear like this.
    07-27-11 12:10 PM
    Some people are way too sensitive and are the biggest hypocrites ever. If people should only post good things about blackberry on "blackberry user" site then they should tell all their buddies to stop posting articles and threads that start out with Apple this or Android that. The cartoon was funny and a lot of truth. I have seen many users here go through those phases over the past few months. Pretty good stuff.
    Buzz_Dengue likes this.
    07-27-11 01:56 PM
    And Armageddon came and went and you got left behind! Hahaha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-11 02:29 PM
    And Armageddon came and went and you got left behind! Hahaha
    Sorry, I'm still here. You're clearly in the denial stage.

-Cal
    07-27-11 02:33 PM
    There may be some truth, but there is also a lot that is untrue, and merely based on speculation and opinion.

The whole cartoon is solely aimed at portraying RIM in a negative light. Posting this on a Blackberry supporter forum is just asking for retaliation.
    Lighten up, forget about retaliation, and simply accept the humor. You can even think of it as black humor if that floats your boat. CHILL!
    07-27-11 03:02 PM
    Just because they are selling less phones than they anticipated, does not mean that they are selling less phones.
    Actually their quarterly reports prove they are selling fewer phones. You might try reading them.

And why use 11 months? Just because it then you don't have to count the Torch and botch your whole "point" right? Well, Apple has more CEOs (1) than product launches (0) in the past month. Enough said.
    This would be funnier if it were, you know, true. Apple launched new computer hardware last week (MacBook Air, Cinema Display, Mac Mini), alongside the "Lion" release. So, that's actually three (3) products within the last month, despite having just one CEO. RIM in the last month? Nada. In fact, there were more Apple products within the last week than RIM has launched since mid-2010.

Thanks for playing. It's too bad the facts keep getting in the way.
    Last edited by Economist101; 07-27-11 at 04:47 PM.
    07-27-11 04:38 PM
    So we're not counting Facebook 2.0??

"That's not fair!"
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    07-27-11 04:52 PM
    Has CB completely lost its sense of humor?

And, say what you want, there is a heck of a lot of truth in that cartoon.
    The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
    07-27-11 05:10 PM
    Let's keep the discussion on the topic at hand and not any particular members. Thanks in advance.
    07-27-11 06:12 PM
    I'm sorry, where in the cartoon is there constructive criticism?

Maybe when they are suggesting RIM focus on Nokia and all the problems will go away?
    Maybe when they suggest a deal with Android or magically acquiring some iPad magic?
    Maybe when they suggest adding another level of executives who can plan and oversee future layoffs?
    Cartoons only need to be funny--they don't need to be constructive.
    07-27-11 08:12 PM
    If you don't see why RIM is the buttt of jokes, you need to clear your head. Seriously.
    07-27-11 11:19 PM
    Fanboys will get upset, no one else. Not all people who post on Apple sites are fanboys.
    Why is the term "fanboy" deemed as being a negative?

Fanboy = Happy Customer

However, the Apple Fanboy tag was created for using an alternate operating system of the the "standard" known as Windows. For nearly two decades these loyalists were considered to be part of a cult. And thus. a "fanboy".

Now, the Apple Fanboy has grown to the point that if you consider tablets as a computer, Apple would be the second largest computer maker in the world (HP 15M, vs Apple 13M) by volume. Apple is now bigger than Microsoft.

Are these new happy customers considered fanboys as well?

What do you call a Blackberry user who likes his/her Blackberry?
    Last edited by sosumi11; 07-28-11 at 01:32 AM.
    07-28-11 12:18 AM
    Well, my friend call us sentimentalists if you wish, but we are the people who have faith in RIM and not because we have not seen a Iphone, or an android.. it's because we have seen and used a Blackberry. A device that is unparallelled when it comes to reliability, performance. This forum works because of people who believe in RIM and BlackBerry, we dedicate our time and brains to assist fellow blackberry users and posting such comics would invoke strong reactions.
    01itr likes this.
    07-28-11 04:06 AM
    So it's yet another cartoon/comic/joke/satire highlighting issues at RIM that the general public have come to accept as truth; it's nothing new, just another example of someone being dirisively creative at someone's expense - we've been seeing it for quite some time now, no need to get bent out of shape about it. Folks are still going to make jokes and take potshots because they can, and they will while there's a receptive audience. And there will always be a receptive audience, regardless of how RIM is doing. You won't see a falloff until RIM not only picks themselves up by the bootstraps but gets unshakeably out in front again. I'm not saying leave the trolls alone, by all means iradicate them. Just don't treat the realists with opinions as if they're trolling - they might be the ones who galvanize RIM into action if they aren't already turning the train around.

I found this particular cartoon rather funny to be frank, I like criticism sugar-coated with a sprinkle of amusing graphics.
    07-28-11 06:06 AM
    Sorry, I'm still here. You're clearly in the denial stage.

-Cal
    That was my point, "you're still here".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-11 06:54 AM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD