I got a BB Classic as a gift. my very first BB in my life. I use a samsung galaxy note 4. also a samsung galaxy mega 6.3. the reason that i love to use large phones is my very big hands. I am a dentists and I use 2 fingers in holding any rotary instrument(or the "drill") because there is no place for a 3rd(which most people do) i always struggled txting. the only phone that i find comfortable is the mega. but it is not pocket friendly. which is a huge issue. also one drop screwed the screen for good. the note 4 is significantly smaller. but got no choice

now the classic. it simply blew my mind!. something small and very easy to txt with. the screen is small for browsing. so the track pad is a work of a genius because some very small icons that i cannot press i press them with the trackpad. my biggest boon was that the phone is small and the easiest phone to use and error free txting.

also it fell a few times and it can handle abuse very well. the only phone that i do not put a cover on. i was astonished because i read online that the build quality is bad. which i find nothing more than a silly joke. but to be honest i never tried the older models. I kept using a normal phone until 2013( my sony eriksson)

I only wish if it was android. i bet it will sell much better. i do not care about stuff like games or other apps. but i understand that others love them. my guess that the problem with blackberry is the apps.

I am very happy with the classic. and i believe there should be more phones like these in the market. will there be another BB? because i read that BB stopped making their phones. i want something similar to the classic.
    10-17-16 03:01 PM
    Congratulations on your BlackBerry Classic purchase! I am glad to hear you are very happy with it!
    Yes, there are more to come - search for MERCURY on these forums.
    Welcome aboard!
    10-17-16 03:11 PM
    Might want to check out the Passport.... if you have really big hands.
    10-17-16 03:13 PM
    Passport might be a nice addition to Classic if you want to browse a lot, but the lack of trackpad makes it not 'better' on every way.
    10-17-16 03:27 PM
    The Classic is a really nice phone. That, and the Z30 are my favorites. I'm curious about the Mercury. It would be nice if it has a track pad. Might be a good choice if you like Android. I prefer BB10, but some day I may not have a choice.

9000 >Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Classic
    10-17-16 03:38 PM
    Might want to check out the Passport.... if you have really big hands.
    passport also seems good. and have a bigger screen. but i really love the track to click on very small stuff. also browse on the go. we will see what tbe mercury has to offer
    10-17-16 07:14 PM
    The Classic is a really nice phone. That, and the Z30 are my favorites. I'm curious about the Mercury. It would be nice if it has a track pad. Might be a good choice if you like Android. I prefer BB10, but some day I may not have a choice.

9000 >Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Classic
    this is my main concern that one day i have to move on to another phone... well it is more like "getting back" to a touch only phone. I hope the Mercury will be a good future replacement. i do not like changing phones. i only bought 2 samsungs because the mega 6.3 screen was badly damaged and is a too big to put in your pocket. but in general i still my phone until it dies. or totally breaks etc. thankfully classics and passports are still available so maybe buying another one is a good idea.
    10-17-16 07:30 PM
    this is my main concern that one day i have to move on to another phone... well it is more like "getting back" to a touch only phone. I hope the Mercury will be a good future replacement. i do not like changing phones. i only bought 2 samsungs because the mega 6.3 screen was badly damaged and is a too big to put in your pocket. but in general i still my phone until it dies. or totally breaks etc. thankfully classics and passports are still available so maybe buying another one is a good idea.
    Changing phones is a pain. I have done that a few times lately, as I tried a Windows phone for a few months and a Priv for a few weeks. You get used to doing things a certain way and finding things in certain places. I always feel relieved when I pick up the Z30.
    I would use the Classic as my main phone, except that my arthritic thumbs can't type on it as long as I would like to. So it has my secondary number.

BB 9000> Q10 > Z10 > Z30 > Z30 > Classic
    10-17-16 10:07 PM
    Hey OP welcome to the wonderful world of BlackBerry.

I've used BlackBerry here in Aus since 2008, pkb, and I wouldn't use any other brand.

Now is the time to buy the passport straight from the BlackBerry store, if you can afford it. A backup phone is always important because of life's little events, like drops and washing machine and toilet drops etc.

But, I might also suggest the priv instead of the passport. It's blackdroid, but it has the slider which may suit.

--Classic, 9700, Playbook, flip - posted using crackberry app --
    10-18-16 02:31 AM
    You really think the Classic is "small?" haha well at least you will learn using a Track Pad, the way it's meant to be

And hi from Canada

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 10-18-16 at 03:02 AM.
    10-18-16 02:49 AM
    Q10 is awesome, too.

Sure, it's not Classic, as in having a trackpad... :-)

ē   "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D   ē
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    10-18-16 04:39 AM
    Enjoy the classic until the mercury keyboard BlackBerry android phone comes out!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-18-16 07:24 AM
    Enjoy the Classic. It is my fave BB10 @:+,2n hands down. I love my Priv but am waiting anxiously for the Mercury. I love the form factor of the Classic's and Bolds. Definitely unique and not like the other slabs.

Posted via my Priv
    10-19-16 07:17 AM
    Bought a second hand classic and I love it. Bought one for my mom and was pretty jealous because the build quality was amazing. Had my Z30 for about two years and decided it was time for a change. Unfortunately with Whatsapp no longer being supported and the monkeying around that you have to do get all the functionality.....once the mercury is out I'll probably switch to that.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-16 10:45 AM
    Is Whatsapp going to be available on any BlackBerry after January 1? I thought the Mercury was included.

Oh yeah, Android. K, nvm
    10-19-16 11:10 AM
    Welcome to the forums and congrats on your new Classic! As others have suggested, look into the Passport for the big hands dilemma!
    10-19-16 12:14 PM