I will get my storm on Monday (through corporate). That said, the place I work doesn't have the BES. I know...it stinks.
    Anyway, I think they move that direction in the future so I was proactive and bought this sucker. My plan now is to set up my e-mail client (Groupwise) to forward all e-mails to the BB and then just sync the calendar through a hard sync. Any other suggestions to maximize my blackberry usage?
    11-21-08 04:08 PM
    I set up all my email addresses trough BIS and they just push to my BB. I sync to my outlook on my PC. You can get on the Google Apps bandwagon and sync to an online calendar and contacts... then you can probably do that with Yahoo as well.
    11-21-08 04:29 PM
    Blackberry Desktop Manager
    11-21-08 04:55 PM
    I set up all my email addresses trough BIS and they just push to my BB. I sync to my outlook on my PC. You can get on the Google Apps bandwagon and sync to an online calendar and contacts... then you can probably do that with Yahoo as well.
    So when you say you sync, when you send e-mails from your BB does it come from the BB address or your work address?

Also, if you were to open an e-mail on your blackberry would it appear opened on your Groupwise e-mail client?
    11-21-08 06:02 PM
    So when you say you sync, when you send e-mails from your BB does it come from the BB address or your work address?

Also, if you were to open an e-mail on your blackberry would it appear opened on your Groupwise e-mail client?
    I have two work addresses that are pushed direct to my phone, from the ISP directly. When setting up my emails on my BB I just had to submit my email address then my password. Many ISP (email Hosts) support this.

In addition, I have personal email adress as well + a Yahoo address. So I have four email folders + my blackberry address which is myname@rogers.blackberry.net.

- also have a message folder which is standard on your BB where all the addresses go to. So, you can have just one folder and when you get an email and you reply to sender it will be sent out from the address that you received it on. Also when you compose an email from any folder really you can choose the send from at the top of your message that you are composing.

I got 3 message boxes on my home screen to keep me abreast of my top 3 inboxes and then I can look and reply from my personal; my name at work and store address.

When I sync to outlook via BB desktop manager I'm synchronizing my contacts, and calendar and notes, but not my emails, they get pushed straight to my phone anyways.

If you are on a shared outlook exchange set-up at work then you will sync to you computers Outllook only I believe. If your company has outlook exchange and BES then you'll be synching to your companies and your outlook live via BES.

I think that's about all I know on the subject. Hopefully if I haven't been able to answer your question you can find the answer here on CB. It is here somewhere.

I'll just paste my search tips below here and I hope that helps too.

+++++
    *Take advantage of the very helpful BB 101. BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com . Also the powerfull search engine to dig through this bottomless pit of Crackberry knowledge for stuff already answered. Post on those existing threads or post a new one if need be. Many folks here happy to help. * Some searching tips... Go To: Search Forums / Advanced Search / Key word search / search by title / "pick a key word" that comes to mind and you might stumble upon some answers and/or clues.* Or search by Post content...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 06:45 PM
    my e-mail client at work is novell groupwise...

does that matter for any of this?

So when I set up my blackberry, I would just type in my e-mail address and my password?
    11-21-08 07:49 PM
    I can't answer that, so I won't try and give you wrong advice.

Maybe this search link works and maybe posting there will get some replies.

Good luck,

http://forums.crackberry.com/search....archid=6627922

Here's one of them http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/bla...oupwise-58795/

There's more on the first link. I just searched "Novell" by Search Forums / Advanced Search / Key word search / search by title / Novell

Hope you find the answer you seek and feel free to post on one or more of those threads.
    11-21-08 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD