Hi I'm looking to get my first blackberry and am curious as to which of these I should get? I know the Bold is 3G and the curve is not,however I currently have an HTC tilt that is 3G but half the time its on edge or GPRS for data. That being said I would you let the Bold being 3G be the deal breaker between these two blackberry devices? I know the curve's internet browser isn't the best but what about opera mini/mobile are these available for the curve?

I'm kinda torn because I've never owned a BB before and want to get the right one as my first one. i'm eligible for my upgrade with AT&T and can get the curve for $150 and the Bold is $400 or so. so to you blackberry owners what shouuld I do here? Thanks for any help with this,i hope you guys here can help me out with my first BB purchase.
    04-14-09 09:01 PM
    Go with the Bold. For as solid a device the Curve is the Bold
    expands on it. Bigger screen, much more memory, 3G, better
    browser, WiFi and on and on.
    04-14-09 09:08 PM
    Who carries it without 3G? Mine is Sprint and runs 3G all day.
    04-14-09 09:46 PM
    I would also suggest you go to the store and check out each device. Find one that you like and using the keys works well also.

The bold is allot newer then the curve and is a nice device, but sometimes people still fall for the Curve

Good Luck!
    04-14-09 10:06 PM
    yester makes a very good point. For instance I have a Curve and love it. All I wanted was a Storm before the launch and when they did I went in and played with one. I ended up not liking it @ all and have never looked back. You should compare them side by side for sure...
    04-14-09 10:24 PM
    Same here! Wanted the Storm but for text and usability Curve owns! I love my 8900 Javelin. Bold is great, but EDGE is fast and I do not miss 3G at all. 3G is the only reason I would've gotten the Bold. Curve is smokin. Total package with a sleek
    n
    yester makes a very good point. For instance I have a Curve and love it. All I wanted was a Storm before the launch and when they did I went in and played with one. I ended up not liking it @ all and have never looked back. You should compare them side by side for sure...
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by CatAlex; 04-15-09 at 12:32 AM.
    04-15-09 12:30 AM
    I agree with the others; you should check them out in person. I mean, you can compare specs constantly, but I say check them out. Or if you ask around and know someone who has either one so maybe u can look at theirs a bit more in depth

04-15-09 12:45 AM
    Hi I'm looking to get my first blackberry and am curious as to which of these I should get? I know the Bold is 3G and the curve is not,however I currently have an HTC tilt that is 3G but half the time its on edge or GPRS for data. That being said I would you let the Bold being 3G be the deal breaker between these two blackberry devices? I know the curve's internet browser isn't the best but what about opera mini/mobile are these available for the curve?

I'm kinda torn because I've never owned a BB before and want to get the right one as my first one. i'm eligible for my upgrade with AT&T and can get the curve for $150 and the Bold is $400 or so. so to you blackberry owners what shouuld I do here? Thanks for any help with this,i hope you guys here can help me out with my first BB purchase.
    Definately would get the Bold over the Curve. Good luck and welcome to the addiction!
    04-15-09 01:03 AM
    the speed of the Bold and the screen definitely make it more user friendly over the Curve. however, i like the Curve just as much because of its more compact size and reliability. ****, i own both lol. but i decided to buy the Bold when i got my contract as a main phone and a used Curve as a backup.
    04-15-09 02:03 AM
    As previously stated, I would suggest the Bold. It expands on what the Curve is. I also suggest that you go in and play with each to see which you are more comfortable with. This is the reason I have a Bold and not an Iphone. That onscreen keyboard was a deal breaker for me.
    Best of luck in your choice.
    04-15-09 08:30 AM
    As previously stated, I would suggest the Bold. It expands on what the Curve is. I also suggest that you go in and play with each to see which you are more comfortable with. This is the reason I have a Bold and not an Iphone. That onscreen keyboard was a deal breaker for me.
    Best of luck in your choice.
    WAR DAM EAGLE!!!
    04-15-09 09:32 AM
    I like the curve 8330 myself, its got everything I need and is still pretty popular in the bb crowd. However if 3g is your thing(I assume your on at&t) then the bold is the way to go, newer model, higher priority with updates I'm guessing. But definitely mess with both of them a bit and see what you prefer.

04-15-09 10:29 AM
    My first BB was a Bold, so, my suggestion would have to be the Bold.

It can do everything a Curve can do, and more. Why settle for something less?
    04-15-09 10:31 AM
    MY first BB was the Curve, which I loved, but I just upgraded to the Bold and haven't looked back since. The only thing I miss about the Curve is the size, but you can't go wrong with either one. Either way......enjoy.
    04-15-09 12:05 PM
    My first Blackberry was the Curve 8320, I had it for six months and upgraded to the 8900 on the day of release. The bold is a great device, and so is the curve. It is really personally preference.
    04-15-09 12:10 PM
    I started with a world edition...then went swimming in a lake with it...

Now running with a curve and love it! However I would love to have a Bold...unfortunately our corporate account is with Bell...no Bold there.
    04-15-09 03:40 PM
    I would definitely go with the Bold. I've tried the Bold and the Curve, and I really think the Bold is sturdier and a lot better. I also love the keyboard better because the keys aren't spaced like the Curve. I'd say the Bold is more of a cross between the 8800 series and the Curve.
    04-15-09 04:28 PM
    I Purchased The Bold About A Month Ago. What A Phone!!!!!!. I Had The Iphone. The Bold Is Awesome.
    04-27-09 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD