OK, so I know 5G is launching next year. When would Blackberry Mobile launch a compatible phone? Given that it's mid-March and that likely any device wouldn't launch until mid-2018 at the earliest, it has me wondering whether or not it might be prudent to hold out.
    MUHAMMA06505389 likes this.
    03-16-18 04:14 PM
    OK, so I know 5G is launching next year. When would Blackberry Mobile launch a compatible phone? Given that it's mid-March and that likely any device wouldn't launch until mid-2018 at the earliest, it has me wondering whether or not it might be prudent to hold out.
    5G is still far away from a realistic hardware standpoint. This is BB, where bleeding edge happens when you slash your wrists from pure frustration.
    03-16-18 04:28 PM
    2020 at the earliest. Qualcomm SOC with integrated 5G modems are expected the first half of 2019 so perhaps the next Galaxy will have it, if not then the Note in fall of 2019. Then it will go into non-flagship phones in 2020 when a BB model phone will get it.

5G infrastructure is getting built now and forward so it won't even be available in most places until 2020 anyway.
    Gajja likes this.
    03-17-18 04:38 AM
    Come on Chuck! You have to acknowledge that there's an opportunity to change (at least with TCL). I'm still hopeful for a better spec'd Blackberry device (but not holding my breath).

OK, I'm going back to facing the corner again.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    03-17-18 08:28 AM
    It would depend on when TCL's engineers can glue 5G support onto the Snapdragon 625.
    03-17-18 11:38 AM
    It would depend on when TCL's engineers can glue 5G support onto the Snapdragon 625.
    I would think that TCL will along with other manufacturers move on from the SD 625, eventually. I think that Qualcomm will move on from the 625.
    03-24-18 11:53 PM
    I would think that TCL will along with other manufacturers move on from the SD 625, eventually. I think that Qualcomm will move on from the 625.
    The 625 is TCL's version of Blackberry's S4. they just pick a processor they like and stick to it.
    03-29-18 11:26 AM
    The 625 is TCL's version of Blackberry's S4. they just pick a processor they like and stick to it.
    n=2
    03-29-18 11:35 AM
    n=2
    when the 600 series gets 5G BBMo will release it a year later
    03-29-18 10:45 PM
    And why are people raving about 5G? This frequency range is worse than the Microwave. lol, No Thanks,

5G Radiation Dangers – 11 Reasons To Be Concerned
    https://www.electricsense.com/12399/...ation-dangers/
    04-18-18 06:21 AM
    Hey "Ment"

I just got off the phone (04/27/2018 15:32) with Verizon support and they are already switching things over to 5G. This was the explanation I received from three techs there who were insistent on the same information. I could understand one tech misleading the conversation, but three . . . um, so 2020 is not exactly accurate.
    04-27-18 03:41 PM
    And why are people raving about 5G? This frequency range is worse than the Microwave. lol, No Thanks,

5G Radiation Dangers – 11 Reasons To Be Concerned
    https://www.electricsense.com/12399/...ation-dangers/
    Um, if there was dangers, we wouldn't even have cordless landlines OR microwaves OR wireless anything for that matter. That includes two-way radios and cellular devices. Technophobes are the dinosaurs who are putting fear into people, and hate change, much less technical advances.

It's the same ones who disrupted the construction of many cellular towers freedom mobile desperately needed in big core area of the GTHA besides other carriers in canada and the US.

Typed using my BlackBerry Passport running the latest QNX software release 10.3.3 on Freedom Mobile DC-HSPA+
    10-06-18 02:25 AM
    Um, if there was dangers, we wouldn't even have cordless landlines OR microwaves OR wireless anything for that matter. That includes two-way radios and cellular devices. Technophobes are the dinosaurs who are putting fear into people, and hate change, much less technical advances.

It's the same ones who disrupted the construction of many cellular towers freedom mobile desperately needed in big core area of the GTHA besides other carriers in canada and the US.

Typed using my BlackBerry Passport running the latest QNX software release 10.3.3 on Freedom Mobile DC-HSPA+
    I'm all for technological advancements and innovation, but at the same time, these companies don't care about the damage caused by the techs such as 5G to peoples health.

They use people as Ginnie Pigs. 4G is one thing, 5G is shown to cause radioactive damage to peoples cells. Facts are facts.
    10-06-18 10:04 AM
    Looking back on history in your locality, did 3G/4G infrastructure arrive before the 3G/4G devices, or the other way around? If the 4G devices arrived before the 4G infrastructure (in your area) then buying a 5G device is probably a waste of money until 5G infrastructure actually comes to you.
    10-08-18 07:55 AM
    Looking back on history in your locality, did 3G/4G infrastructure arrive before the 3G/4G devices, or the other way around? If the 4G devices arrived before the 4G infrastructure (in your area) then buying a 5G device is probably a waste of money until 5G infrastructure actually comes to you.
    Thanks for the response some 6 months after the thread was created.
    10-09-18 09:17 PM
    5G is still far away from a realistic hardware standpoint. This is BB, where bleeding edge happens when you slash your wrists from pure frustration.
    @tazcubed

See what I mean... I stand by my comments almost seven months later. Don’t worry be happy. We could see a VZW compatible LE in the next few days.....
    10-09-18 11:08 PM
    Thanks for the response some 6 months after the thread was created.
    Will be more rigorous about checking the dates in future, heehee.
    10-10-18 09:23 AM
    @tazcubed

See what I mean... I stand by my comments almost seven months later. Don’t worry be happy. We could see a VZW compatible LE in the next few days.....
    Yeah, I'm starting to feel the thumping on my head for what I thought was an innocuous but open question about the future...
    10-11-18 05:20 AM
    They need to learn to glue on the display first...
    11-13-18 03:09 PM
    11-14-18 07:43 PM