Why am i 100% unimpressed?

Quit flooding the market with the exact god damn phones and work harder on your OS.
    09-30-09 09:43 AM

Quit flooding the market with the exact god damn phones and work harder on your OS.
    if this has the same internals as the 8900, then i'll agree with you. adding only a trackpad and updating the look is not an upgrade in my opinion.
    09-30-09 10:09 AM
    The device pictured on Sal's website is what allot of members know as the Driftwood.
    09-30-09 10:12 AM
    The device pictured on Sal's website is what allot of members know as the Driftwood.
    So CX, is the Atlas another device for CDMA? Or is the Atlas and Driftwood the same device, like the Odin/storm 2, Onyx/Bold2 ?
    09-30-09 10:52 AM
    So CX, is the Atlas another device for CDMA? Or is the Atlas and Driftwood the same device, like the Odin/storm 2, Onyx/Bold2 ?
    Its a GSM phone for sure.

I guess it was called "Driftwood" before, and then they put it out as "Atlas".

Its essentially an EDGE Bold 2... For the Chinese and Eastern Asian's Markets...

I'm not 100% sure, CX can help you more though.
    09-30-09 10:58 AM

You're a moron. Different people do OS work and hardware work. One doesn't affect the other. Like someone else said, they're waiting to put out 5.0 probably either because it's not ready or they don't want to update all the devices out there now because then less people will feel a need to upgrade.
    09-30-09 11:13 AM
    You're a moron. Different people do OS work and hardware work. One doesn't affect the other. Like someone else said, they're waiting to put out 5.0 probably either because it's not ready or they don't want to update all the devices out there now because then less people will feel a need to upgrade.
    wow, your a ******* moron to think i didnt know that.

5.0 has a release date of fall, and since ive used 5.0 on 4 DIFFERENT devices now, its still the same tired **** that shoulda been there 2 years ago. They could slow down pumping out the same damn phones with different radios and input methods, and get more resources into getting quality software out.
    09-30-09 11:25 AM

5.0 has a release date of fall, and since ive used 5.0 on 4 DIFFERENT devices now, its still the same tired **** that shoulda been there 2 years ago. They could slow down pumping out the same damn phones with different radios and input methods, and get more resources into getting quality software out.
    I def agree on that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 11:47 AM
    when will it be released?
    09-30-09 11:52 AM
    Its a GSM phone for sure.

I guess it was called "Driftwood" before, and then they put it out as "Atlas".

Its essentially an EDGE Bold 2... For the Chinese and Eastern Asian's Markets...

I'm not 100% sure, CX can help you more though.

Thanks, but what I meant was, is that device, actually the Atlas? Or is it the driftwood, or is the Atlas and driftwood the same device? I remember before, it was said that the Atlas would be a cdma device coming to Verizon.
    09-30-09 11:59 AM
    So Atlas is the upgraded curve, and the Essex is the upgraded tour?
    09-30-09 12:25 PM
    Ok....

Atlas and Driftwood are the same phone. Driftwood was the codename before it became the Atlas.

Atlas is another Bold but for GSM networks for East Asia and China (Maybe other places too).

The Essex is the "second generation" Tour.

BGR is the one that mentioned the Atlas (at least what I read) was gonna be a CDMA, but its not. The Essex is what he was talking about really...
    09-30-09 01:08 PM

RIM has plenty of resources. You don't just add more people to a team and it magically makes better software faster. You don't know anything about software development.

And 5.0 has no 'release date'
    09-30-09 01:15 PM
    wonder when theyll be coming out.. hmm
    09-30-09 09:30 PM

*claps*

Thank you.
    09-30-09 11:00 PM
    This will so be my next phone. I love the newer gen BBs but I HATE the keyboard on the Tour/Bold. I have been waiting for this!!
    09-30-09 11:41 PM
    I understand from Sal's post we wont get it.. seems to be aimed at Markets where no 3G is available yet
    10-01-09 03:35 AM

That god someone else said this, I feel like I'm going crazy when the latest leaked pic of a blackberry shows up and everyone gets excited, and I can't even tell what is different on it from any other BB out there. For the hardcore BB master, there are tiny differences and improvements. For the casual user like myself, I can honestly never tell what kind of BB I'm looking at unless it is a Storm or a Pearl. RIM is making every single combination of keyboards, trackballs/trackpads, GSM/CDMA, and 3G/not 3G before ever doing any real innovation. The storms are the exception here, and also I understand there are some great things in the pipeline, but I'm talking about soon-to-be and recently released phones.
    10-01-09 08:44 AM
    I like the look of the 8900 more though
    10-01-09 04:10 PM
    Dont get me wrong, it does look sweettt
    10-01-09 04:10 PM
    10-01-09 06:23 PM
    I am totally confused: The Driftwood is now the Atlas. And the Atlas is not a 3G device?(Which means it will not have T-Mobile's AWS 3G bands).If this is accurate I'm gone from T-Mobile.ASAP
    10-01-09 06:27 PM
    I am totally confused: The Driftwood is now the Atlas. And the Atlas is not a 3G device?(Which means it will not have T-Mobile's AWS 3G bands).If this is accurate I'm gone from T-Mobile.ASAP
    So you really didn't read the thread... It clearly states above that this model is expected to cater for Far-Eastern Markets.

This may also help you : http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/di...6/#post3712180
    10-01-09 06:33 PM
    THE DRIFTWOOD WAS NEVER THE ONYX FOR T-MOBILE. The Driftwood is completely different, the 9700 is the onyx and is coming to at&t AND t-mobile and they are IDENTICAL except for branding and which 3g frequency they use.
    10-01-09 07:25 PM
    THE DRIFTWOOD WAS NEVER THE ONYX FOR T-MOBILE. The Driftwood is completely different, the 9700 is the onyx and is coming to at&t AND t-mobile and they are IDENTICAL except for branding and which 3g frequency they use.
    Correct. The problem is, BGR reported that the Driftwood was the T-Mo version of the Onyx and everyone has this incorrect information in their head. So it's understandable.
    10-01-09 09:59 PM
83 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD