This thread is like 2 years old....

I love Opera Mini beta 2 by the way. If os6 had "true" column view and didn't have a memory leak, it would rock! Till then, Opera is still keeping me content..

Now newer version of Opera, sucks! Cursor is unacceptable!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-11 07:40 AM
    This thread is like 2 years old....

I love Opera Mini beta 2 by the way. If os6 had "true" column view and didn't have a memory leak, it would rock! Till then, Opera is still keeping me content..

Now newer version of Opera, sucks! Cursor is unacceptable!

Yes this thread is 2 years old, but I believe the fact that this thread is still alive can be attributed to the shear fact that users love the Firefox browser for their PCs and wish they could have the same existence on their mobile device.
    01-23-11 10:24 AM
    Yes this thread is 2 years old, but I believe the fact that this thread is still alive can be attributed to the shear fact that users love the Firefox browser for their PCs and wish they could have the same existence on their mobile device.
    That is probably true. Heck, I'm a firefox fan and wouldn't mind seeing a good attempt for a bb browser.

01-25-11 08:11 AM
    That is probably true. Heck, I'm a firefox fan and wouldn't mind seeing a good attempt for a bb browser.
    I concur. I am a long time firefox user, and I think they need push it more.
    01-28-11 03:34 PM
    Hate to necro post in this thread, but is there any word on a mobile Firefox being ported to BB? I'd love to put this on my Torch, but I haven't seen anything regarding such a browser being in development...

03-23-11 08:56 AM
    There is opera mini 6, which is vastly improved.

03-23-11 08:56 AM
    I think it would be a good idea. Since I don't like Opera or any other browsers. I'm currently sticking with the standard phone browser.
    03-23-11 09:11 AM
    It would be nice if they released it on a blackberry but they are not going to.
    03-23-11 10:44 AM
    I want the chrome browser on my bb.
    03-23-11 11:28 AM
    I'd speculate that with the announcement of the eventual arrival of QNX on BB handhelds, most projects which may have started development came to a screeching halt until they can get more information. Developers/Publishers don't like to burn a lot of hours to find their work suddenly rendered moot, and have to start over.

Obviously some developers have been working on PB apps, so RIM is providing developers with what they need. But until devices start showing up with the new OS, they'd sooner just keep it under wraps so they aren't bombarded with requests for news from John Q Public.
    03-23-11 01:28 PM
    I haven't used the very latest version, but the one prior to it, I hated using on Android...

It's much worse than several other browsers available. I can't say I really miss it at all.
    03-23-11 01:36 PM
    I don't see a point in using third party browsers, TBQH.

I tried Opera Mobile 11 for Android (supports Flash and they made the UI not suck), but the lack of an Exit option in the menu is a dealbreaker for me. These 3rd party browsers (Opera and Firefox) easily grow to using 50MB of RAM or more and that's just not acceptable to me. Need to have an exit option, or I'll just continue using the stock browser. I can't believe they didn't put that in despite all of the complaints about it in reviews...
    03-24-11 09:33 AM
    I don't see a point in using third party browsers, TBQH.
    I have found only one reason to use a third party browser - I have to use Opera Mini if I want to connect to my employer's webmail interface, it refuses connections from mobile devices otherwise. So I only open Opera when I need to read something in work email while I'm out and about. I'm not sure the technology that underlies this situation, but I tried again with BB browser on OS6 and still got refused. I suppose if there was ever a FF mobile I'd try it as i like my FF on the PC.
    03-25-11 10:02 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD