I would like to be able to have several pages open at a time with tabs, if possible.
    06-18-08 09:17 PM
    Cool!! FF rocks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-08 09:19 PM
    I have Opera Mini 4.1 and its much better than the standard BB browser. I also refuse to use Safarti browser until they actually put in some real features like Firefox has. Extensions would be nice, also antiPhishing wouldn't hurt and why not ditch the crappy header black icons no text under them and limited features there. I prefer my MAC over having to use windows and I wish I could sync my BB on my MAC without Parallels.
    What's better about it?? I find it MUCH slower, for one... CNN: 14 sec w/ Opera and 5 seconds with BB browser...
    06-19-08 12:33 AM
    I'm also finding that the BB Browser is faster than Opera when using 4.5. Plus I love the cursor.
    06-19-08 12:49 AM
    this would be a nice alternative to the naitive BB browser and OM
    06-19-08 12:52 AM
    Oh my... I think I had another thread open and meant to reply to that one instead, hence the off-topic post... LOL sry

06-19-08 05:24 AM
    wHoO! Getting way to excited, but this looks pretty sweet.
    "Trying to type on a mobile is like trying to remove a contact lens with a cotton ball... it's just not fun."
    06-19-08 10:00 AM
    I never really liked Opera Mini - tried it a few times and just never got hooked - but I LOVE Firefox and would be so excited if I could use it on my BB too!
    06-19-08 10:48 AM
    If FF is 1/2 as good on the BB as it is on the PC, SWEET.
    06-19-08 11:38 PM
    Is there anything new going on with this?

The BB browser for OS 4.5 is much better and
    even like it more than Opera Mini but am really
    curious to see if Mozilla can out-do RIM on this.
    01-22-09 02:45 PM
    Did anyone else even realize that Fennec is not even focused on BlackBerry yet and that fact of it showing up on BB devices is still beyond fennec's scope and core services implementation.

Windows Mobile and S60 devices..anything beyond that, is no where near completion or even in focus. The only hope BB users have at this point is that an Eclipse Java API does exist and that the Touch API's are also in place.
    01-22-09 03:05 PM
    Did anyone else even realize that Fennec is not even focused on BlackBerry yet and that fact of it showing up on BB devices is still beyond fennec's scope and core services implementation.

Thank you! I've been posting this recently and people still seem to post mis-information about Fennec coming to the Blackberry.
    01-22-09 04:10 PM
    Even though fennec is not focus yet but it still open source meaning some blackberry developer will port to the blackberry

01-23-09 01:45 PM
    im not too excited about a touchscreen blackberry... for some reason i feel anything touchscreen can break easily, and i hate the sensitvity while txting on the iphone... urgh yuck
    i have it... it takes a little getting used to but its awesome.
    02-04-09 11:35 AM
    EDIT: Never mind, lol didnt read that post correctly
    06-03-09 02:29 PM
    Well here's my $0.02

I think Opera Mini is a huge improvement on the utterly horrible native BlackBerry browser in all of the devices before the Bold came out. Since then, BlackBerry's native browsers are finally at the bare minimum acceptability, although I still think Opera Mini and I also hear Bolt are better. I'm still not sold on the Bold's browser.

The Storm's browser seems better than the Bold's, but that's probably because of the screen size, heh.

None of these browsers are as good as Safari or the demo's/alpha's like this. But then again, BlackBerry isn't as easy to develop for as those other platforms yet either.

Let's face it, the iPhone is easy to develop for. Android is a superior OS compared to the BlackBerry OS, and Palm's new WebOS blows them all away--and it is completely built with tools that web designers already know. So you can see why the BlackBerry would be the last platform for which to develop.

Personally, I hope BlackBerry comes out with a revolutionary new OS sometime over the next couple of years ... but I haven't heard anything about that happening, so I kinda doubt it. The heavy security bent of the BlackBerry makes it harder to design kickazz web browsers ... it can be done, but it requires more work.
    06-03-09 09:02 PM
    Good two pence Digital.

Just a note an upgrade of software version means that the OS suppose to work better than the previous version not the other way round.

I am still ranting about BOLD OS 5.0.93 which renders both YM and Opera Mini totally cannot be used.
    06-07-09 06:36 AM
    Well seeing as Blackberry's are a top selling smartphone you would think that they would have it in there mind that they want to go there with it...

I understand its not a focus..

besides..

what about skyfire?

thats closer and looks like the way it works will probably even be better..

supporting flash and everything.
    06-07-09 07:18 AM
    How has this not been implemented as the standard yet?
    10-15-10 11:52 AM
    Once firefox/fennec is developed for the blackberry, I'll be all over it. Or google chrome :P

Don't care, if it drops for us to feed our memory, we'll see it on the blogs, but until then, I'mma lovin' bolt and opera mini.

10-23-10 05:19 AM
    Any updates?
    01-21-11 11:45 PM
    A fully functional firefox browser is listed as a feature on the droid bionic.

01-22-11 02:56 AM
    The betas and nightly builds have looked promising. Hope it performs as well as the PC version. My only fear will be that it will be buggy like the Firefox 4 beta build have been past beta 4.
    01-22-11 02:32 PM
    Just leaked video of firefox mobile from gizmodo.com...

Mobile Browsers: Firefox Mobile Video Proves It Actually Exists

It would be really cool if this came to blackberry. I think that this would beat out Opera Mini hands down.

It is still in early stages of developement, so dont get your hopes up... for a (possible) release to RIM anytime soon.
    Firefox Mobile browser doesn't compete with Opera Mini. Opera Mini is a proxy browser.

Opera Mobile is Opera's full-fledged mobile browser and it's funny they never released a Blackberry version. I know there's a Windows Mobile and Symbian version of it. It works well.

Firefox Mobile on Android is bloated as ****, doesn't work on a ton of sites, isn't even that fast, and uses up ridiculous amounts of RAM. I don't *personally* think a browser should use up 40-60 MB RAM, but that's just my opinion.
    01-22-11 04:29 PM
    A fully functional firefox browser is listed as a feature on the droid bionic.

When it's docked, yes, but the stock browser on the phone will be the Android Browser. You can install the Beta Firefox mobile from the market, though...

But if motorola thinks they can just uproot stock features and replace them completely with stuff like Firefox then I dunno what to say.

It's not like replacing Google Search with Bing on those Verizon phones was a big deal, right?

Doing that will break stuff like Chrome to Phone and web apps that are targetting the stock Android WebKit browser...
    01-22-11 04:31 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD