What if we bb10 users pay $1 for one year of service?

Posted via CB10
    Before I would never pay for an app, but it seems I agree on this one, wouldn't mind if whatsapp charge like �3 for a year on bb10

Posted via CB10
    07-02-16 02:08 AM
    Before I would never pay for an app, but it seems I agree on this one, wouldn't mind if whatsapp charge like �3 for a year on bb10
    $3-5 dollars per year? WhatsApp was purchased for $42 per user by FaceBook. They make more from adding a single free user than they would selling you a subscription for a decade.
    07-02-16 02:16 AM
    This would be "bargaining"?

WhatsApp will just ring up "No Sale" on that idea, and it doesn't matter how many "dozens" of BB10 users are willing to pay.

As was said above, it's not a financially-driven decision by WhatsApp, it's a technology-driven decision caused by the failure of BlackBerry to update BB10 APIs/SDKs.
    07-02-16 02:21 AM
    I have a doubt here. So after 31st December will whatsapp stop working. Or it will still work but with no updates and support for bug fixes and new features.??

Sent from Passport
    07-02-16 03:09 AM
    I have a doubt here. So after 31st December will whatsapp stop working. Or it will still work but with no updates and support for bug fixes and new features.??
    See post #21 ... from a WhatsApp representative.

I don't think he could be clearer. After 31st December... BB10 WA will not work. Even if you keep using WA on your phone, they'll stop you server-side.

It's dead Jim.
    07-02-16 03:19 AM
    What on earth do the shareholders have to do with it? Is Zuckerberg on BlackBerry's board? Facebook decides who gets to use its software, not BlackBerry.

EDIT: I read "stakeholders" as "shareholders." My mistake. That makes more sense. But if you read Whatsapp's official release from a few months ago, they made it clear that there aren't enough BlackBerry 10 users to be worth their time.

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    Zuck, you zuck. Keep supporting us... you've got the dough to spend on one extra dev...? =8-~

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    07-02-16 03:21 AM
    See post #21 ... from a WhatsApp representative.

I don't think he could be clearer. After 31st December... BB10 WA will not work. Even if you keep using WA on your phone, they'll stop you server-side.

It's dead Jim.
    Pri...vs... ;-P

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    07-02-16 03:22 AM
    Let me get this straight you are going to let a ****ty app like WhatsApp dictate what phone you are going to use? I call that sad I would write to WhatsApp and let them know you are canceling your account because they do not support what phone you use... that is what I would do.

Today got a msg while I was typing on watsapp chat box.(screenshot attached).
    Its very much clear and confirmed, watsapp will NOT work even if its a old version.
    Already started looking for my alternatives. Bye bye q10, u were great companion.
    Sorry cant attach pics in so called blackberry browser on so called blackberry fan site.
    In short the msg says wats app will no longer work after dec 2016 so get a compatible phone and click on learn more for more details.
    Soon u guys will also start recieving it.
    I got it in india.
    Last edited by smis; 07-02-16 at 03:36 AM. Reason: because I wanted to. :)
    BoneMatrix and SugaRugby like this.
    07-02-16 03:34 AM
    It's more of an API issue or lack of them, things like overlaying of screens and waking the screen up, the dev can't show a whatsapp calling screen only a daft dialog which makes the user experience awful, obviously people blame WhatsApp not knowing it's actually BB's fault
    Not sure I follow your drift here... The current incoming WhatsApp call mechanism into a BB10 device works just fine. BBM handles incoming calls probably in a manner you envisage, i.e. the BB10 APIs are there. So, if WhatsApp want to implement an incoming call method akin to BBM, and why not since they've ripped the whole messaging idea from BBM in the first place, across platforms, they could do so and simply leave the current method in place for BB10 devices.
    07-02-16 06:35 AM
    Let me get this straight you are going to let a ****ty app like WhatsApp dictate what phone you are going to use? I call that sad I would write to WhatsApp and let them know you are canceling your account because they do not support what phone you use... that is what I would do.
    What will that accomplish? They have made a business decision. Whatsapp will not work on BB10 devices after the end of the year.
    It seems reasonable that if someone needs Whatsapp for their business or personal lives they would get a device it supports.
    07-02-16 07:04 AM
    07-02-16 07:25 AM
    There is already a discussion about this topic.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-10-a-1078321/

Thread closed.
    TgeekB and PantherBlitz like this.
    07-02-16 07:29 AM
62 123