You're doing it wrong

This should take 30 sec to set up. It works like a charm with mine.

On my iPad2 and tmo.usa bb9700, I did the foll :

1. install full version of ibluever
    2. optional but recommended: install ibluever sbsettings plugin.
    3. i do not knwo what pdanet is. so i guess i do not have installed.
    4. make your bb9700 discoverable, and select it from iblueriver. use
    5. settings:

Vendor : RIM
    Model : Blackberry IP Modem (GSM)
    Access Point: epc.t-mobile.com
    Dial Number : *99#
    Account: Blank
    Password: Blank
    Authentication : OFF (i think!)
    Wait for SDP: OFF

6. turn it 'on demand'

At some stage the iPad and bberry will need to be paired. Make sure to check 'remember/trust this device' in order not to be bothered for confirmation in future.

This will work with all data unless you are on Wifi. It takes 3-5 seconds to connect. It's brilliant!

FYI, according to our account manager, tmo has 2GB/month of free tethering. Throttled thereafter.

Good luck.
    I'm not using PDA.net at all and everything works flawlessly. I'm on ATT which shouldn't make much of a difference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-11 12:53 PM
    You should have full data. Something is missing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    What could be missing?
    I have a 9630 with Verizon
    I am not running pdanet

On ibluever, i have the following settings:
    Vendor: Research in Motion
    Model: Blackberry IP Modem (GSM)
    APN: 'blank'
    Account name: 'mynumber'@vzw3g.com
    Password: same as above (setup with ##000000)
    CID: 1
    Dial number: #777

Note, this also works with defaults in apn and user and pass and also works with cdma.
    My BB goes into "Modem Mode" when i connect. The full version is different from the demo and it doesn't ask for the pin. I never fully tested the demo version to see if that is the issue, I just tried it and saw that I could go online before i removed it and installed the full version.
    Also, it will not work with dial- up networking disabled on bluetooth, but that is most likely because i am not using pdanet, the error comes from ibluever saying that i need to enable dial- up

What could be wrong?
    07-08-11 07:28 PM
    I got this working on WIND mobile with the latest version of iBluever (2.0.42).

So I launched the app and went into the settings for the device:

Vendor: Research In Motion
    Model: BlackBerry IP Modem (GSM)
    apn: internet.windmobile.ca
    account name: <blank>
    password: <blank>
    dial number: *99#

Make sure your BlackBerry is discoverable in the bluetooth settings and you should be good to go!

EDIT: No PDAnet needed!
    07-09-11 01:08 AM
    BB9700 - OS 6.0/TMob USA
    Ipad 2 - OS 4.3.3 w/Cydia - WiFi set to 'off'
    Bluever installed (Full Version)

BB bluetooth set to 'on' and 'discoverable'. The BB discovers and pairs with a Blue Ant wireless headset perfectly. Bluever will not discover the BB9700, although Bluever does see the Blue Ant. Setting the BB to 'listen' makes no difference either.

I have no idea of what why Bluever will not discover the BB9700. Any ideas are much appreciated!
    07-10-11 06:24 PM
    I have a BB 9650 on Verizon. I am aboe to connect using PDANet and iBluever, but I am redirected to a verizon page telling me about the tethering plans that they offer. Has anyone one verizon been able to get this to work correctly? How did you get around this issue?
    07-11-11 08:31 AM
    MMmhmm so nice.

Aohus, thanks for the information. I attempted the pdanet/ibluever combo and it indeed did work but way to slow to be functional for me. I then went on to your QPST w/o pdanet and it works great. I reached 1055kbps down and 155kbps up on speedtest.net.

Appreciate the others in this thread sharing their experiences as well.

I am using a Verizon Blackberry Curve 8530 and a iPod touch 3G for anyone keeping score (this was a test run for when they release the JB for the iPad 2, I didn't get the 3G, so this will work out nicely).

My settings on my iPod

Paid version of iBluever
    Settings in iBluever:

Access Point = Blank
    Dial Number = #777
    Account = Blank
    Password = Blank
    Chat Script = Default Non GPRS (only one that seems to work for me)
    RFCOMM port = Automatic
    Authentication = ON
    Wait for SDP = ON

On the BB I used the directions for QPST in the OP and wrote the changes to the phone. I then enabled DUN on my BB in the settings once I went away from PdaNet. Make sure you have the BlueTooth turned off on your apple device, iBluever will activate it when its ready.

After doing all of this I was surfing the net on my iPod in the middle of nowhere.

Nice job Aohus
    I need help setting up ibluever on my ipad 2. I followed the steps for QPST and ibluever and I can pair my BB 9650 to my ipad 2. My problem is that when I bring up safari it directs me to the verizon provisioning page. Has someone made this work with verizon? I have the lastet version of ibluever and I dont' see any options to set Chat Script, Authentication, Wait for SDP or RFCOMM. This is my setup on ibluever

Vendor = Research In Motion

Model = Blacknerry IP Modem (GSM) (I alse tried CDMA with the same result. Which one should I use in the staes and which one in Europe?)

APN = Blank

Account = Blank

Password = Blank

CID = 1

Dial Number = #777

Anyone has had success making this work on Verizon without paying for the data plan?
    07-11-11 08:58 AM
    I have a BB 9650 on Verizon. I am aboe to connect using PDANet and iBluever, but I am redirected to a verizon page telling me about the tethering plans that they offer. Has anyone one verizon been able to get this to work correctly? How did you get around this issue?
    I need help setting up ibluever on my ipad 2. I followed the steps for QPST and ibluever and I can pair my BB 9650 to my ipad 2. My problem is that when I bring up safari it directs me to the verizon provisioning page. Has someone made this work with verizon? I have the lastet version of ibluever and I dont' see any options to set Chat Script, Authentication, Wait for SDP or RFCOMM. This is my setup on ibluever

Vendor = Research In Motion

Model = Blacknerry IP Modem (GSM) (I alse tried CDMA with the same result. Which one should I use in the staes and which one in Europe?)

APN = Blank

Account = Blank

Password = Blank

CID = 1

Dial Number = #777

Anyone has had success making this work on Verizon without paying for the data plan?
    Both of you are missing the step of modifying the settings in your blackberry. You must follow the instructions in the begining of the thread to use software on yoru PC to read settings, change a setting and write it back to your phone. If you haven't done this step please try that first. If you think you've done this step please let me know. I had issues like yours after doing an OS upgrade from verizon. Even after repeating the steps from the instructions mine would not work. I since downgraded back to a working OS and have had no problems since.
    07-11-11 10:01 AM
    What could be missing?
    I have a 9630 with Verizon
    I am not running pdanet

On ibluever, i have the following settings:
    Vendor: Research in Motion
    Model: Blackberry IP Modem (GSM)
    APN: 'blank'
    Account name: 'mynumber'@vzw3g.com
    Password: same as above (setup with ##000000)
    CID: 1
    Dial number: #777

Note, this also works with defaults in apn and user and pass and also works with cdma.
    My BB goes into "Modem Mode" when i connect. The full version is different from the demo and it doesn't ask for the pin. I never fully tested the demo version to see if that is the issue, I just tried it and saw that I could go online before i removed it and installed the full version.
    Also, it will not work with dial- up networking disabled on bluetooth, but that is most likely because i am not using pdanet, the error comes from ibluever saying that i need to enable dial- up

What could be wrong?
    I was experiencing the issue you described on a 9650 when I had OS 6.0 bundl 2333 from verizon (offical). I could connect on port 80 but not w/ HTTPS, etc. I downgraded to OS 6.0 1741 and my issue went away. I never tried the OS upgrade again to see if it was a botched OS upgrade or if verizon snuck something in the OS to break tethering if you weren't on the offical.
    07-11-11 10:05 AM
    Tange1,

I did do the steps in the BB using QPST to add the thether NAI information to the M.IP tab. I did not change gpsOne tab. I'm able to pair the iPad to my BB but I can't use the internet on my iPad. Wil I have the same problem with pdanet? I know that using pdanet is slower but at least I could use the Internet.
    Last edited by BoyertownPR; 07-11-11 at 03:00 PM.
    07-11-11 10:11 AM
    Ok, I've been waiting for this day for a long time, and now I need some help...

I have an iPad 2 and I finally jail broke it. Got the most recent version of iBluever demo downloaded and ready to go.

I have a Verizon BB Storm 2 with the most recent version of PDANet downloaded.

When I try to tether, iBluever goes thru all the machinations of connecting, then ends the script with RFComm disconnected.

My settings in iBluever demo are:
    APN none
    Dial #777
    no username or password
    Using default non GPRS script
    Authentication and wait for SDP on

I disabled DUN on the BB, wifi on the iPad, etc.

The two devices connect up just fine, but something happens in executing the script and it shuts down RFComm.

The weird thing is, if I don't use PDANet and enable DUN on the BB, using the very same settings in iBluever, I do get connected. But then I get Verizon's splash screen asking me to pay for tethering. My goal here is to use PDANet so I don't have to pay for tethering.

Any thoughts on why the exact same iBluever settings would work through the phone's DUN but not through PDANet?

Thanks!
    Last edited by seanm0010; 07-11-11 at 07:02 PM.
    07-11-11 06:46 PM
    Ok, I've been waiting for this day for a long time, and now I need some help...

I have an iPad 2 and I finally jail broke it. Got the most recent version of iBluever demo downloaded and ready to go.

I have a Verizon BB Storm 2 with the most recent version of PDANet downloaded.

When I try to tether, iBluever goes thru all the machinations of connecting, then ends the script with RFComm disconnected.

My settings in iBluever demo are:
    APN none
    Dial #777
    no username or password
    Using default non GPRS script
    Authentication and wait for SDP on

I disabled DUN on the BB, wifi on the iPad, etc.

The two devices connect up just fine, but something happens in executing the script and it shuts down RFComm.

The weird thing is, if I don't use PDANet and enable DUN on the BB, using the very same settings in iBluever, I do get connected. But then I get Verizon's splash screen asking me to pay for tethering. My goal here is to use PDANet so I don't have to pay for tethering.

Any thoughts on why the exact same iBluever settings would work through the phone's DUN but not through PDANet?

Thanks!
    I am having the exact same issue (but with a BB Bold). Haven't figured it out yet. If you are able to get this to work please update your post. I will do the same.
    07-12-11 09:06 AM
    I installed AirBlue and that fixed it. I removed the demo version, bought the full version of iBluever, and I'm posting now over my 3G phone connection. Sweet!
    07-12-11 05:17 PM
    I installed AirBlue and that fixed it. I removed the demo version, bought the full version of iBluever, and I'm posting now over my 3G phone connection. Sweet!
    What's AirBlue and where did you installed it? iPad or Phone?
    07-12-11 11:32 PM
    Thanks for the info. I also purchsed the full version of iBluever and installed AriBlue. I am still directed to Verizon's page. Can you tell me what settings you are using in the full version of iBluever? It seems to be different than the Demo version. Thanks.
    07-13-11 07:42 AM
    I have brushed thorugh some of the 18 pages and I figured I would just ask the questions I have instead of trying to stumble through. My setup right now is a IPAD 1 and a BB 9670 (Style), it is my wifes IPAD so I think jailbreaking it is probably out of the question. So first I guess, does the ipad need to be jail broken? I have my Ipod Touch jail broke so I have done it before but Im just not sure she will want me screwing around with her IPAD. Hoping in the next week than I get a Playbook. So can I still tether without jail breaking. I will be attempting this on my Itouch regardless.
    07-13-11 12:46 PM
    engelstine: Use TinyUmbrella to back up your SHSH blobs and then head over to the normal site and take the 10 seconds to jailbreak your iPad. If you have your blobs for IOS 4.3.3 you can always just reload and reverse the JB. Also yes you have to have it JB to use the iBluever.

BoyertownPR: Not sure I can answer your question as to whether there is a way to bypass having the dataplan with Verizon, but it would only seem logical to me that you would need it in order to use the data plan with your iPad via DUN to the BB. Mine is a work phone and has the unlimited data plan (just for the record).

Good luck to you both.
    07-14-11 07:57 AM
    engelstine: Use TinyUmbrella to back up your SHSH blobs and then head over to the normal site and take the 10 seconds to jailbreak your iPad. If you have your blobs for IOS 4.3.3 you can always just reload and reverse the JB. Also yes you have to have it JB to use the iBluever.

BoyertownPR: Not sure I can answer your question as to whether there is a way to bypass having the dataplan with Verizon, but it would only seem logical to me that you would need it in order to use the data plan with your iPad via DUN to the BB. Mine is a work phone and has the unlimited data plan (just for the record).

Good luck to you both.
    I do have the data plan with my BB. My problem is that after I connect to the BB from my iPad using iBluever I get sent to the Verizon data plan webpage. So while I can pair the iPad to the BB Verizon is not letting me access the Internet from the iPad. Any ideas how I can fix that?
    07-14-11 12:31 PM
    You're doing it wrong

5. settings:

6. turn it 'on demand'

At some stage the iPad and bberry will need to be paired. Make sure to check 'remember/trust this device' in order not to be bothered for confirmation in future.

This will work with all data unless you are on Wifi. It takes 3-5 seconds to connect. It's brilliant!

FYI, according to our account manager, tmo has 2GB/month of free tethering. Throttled thereafter.

Good luck.
    I have Ipad2 and BB 9700 on Tmo too. I installed the demo version of ibluever and try to tether.

I don't see the vendor and model input, does it matter or due to demo version?

fill the other settings, and seems bluetooth paired ok,BB BT is blinking, ipad 2 shows BT icon in the right corner. however in the safari in ipad 2, I can't go anywhere.

what could be missing?? thanks!
    Last edited by fei2010; 07-20-11 at 11:19 PM.
    07-20-11 11:14 PM
    You're doing it wrong

5. settings:

6. turn it 'on demand'

Good luck.
    Please list what version of iBluever you are using!!

I don't know what version you are using and what ever it is is not what I am using and the fields you list are not the same. I have fields that you don't have such as CID, Serial Port, and Proxies. I wish people would say what version they have since the fields you fill out is not the same as mine with is currently the latest iBluever 2.0.42. It seems like all the thread are using different configs.

For version 2.0.42 I tried the following and it does not work. I get "Dial-up Networking" Service Not Found.

iPod Touch 4th gen
    Blackberry 9700 T-mobile

Vendor: RIM
    Model: Blackberry IP modem (GSM)
    APN: epc.t-mobile.com
    Account Name: blank
    Password: blank
    CID: 1 ( have no idea what this is)
    Dial Number: *99#
    DNS: Automatic
    Proxies: Off
    Serial Port: Dial-up Networking
    07-21-11 10:16 AM
    Please list what version of iBluever you are using!!

I don't know what version you are using and what ever it is is not what I am using and the fields you list are not the same. I have fields that you don't have such as CID, Serial Port, and Proxies. I wish people would say what version they have since the fields you fill out is not the same as mine with is currently the latest iBluever 2.0.42. It seems like all the thread are using different configs.

For version 2.0.42 I tried the following and it does not work. I get "Dial-up Networking" Service Not Found.

iPod Touch 4th gen
    Blackberry 9700 T-mobile

Vendor: RIM
    Model: Blackberry IP modem (GSM)
    APN: epc.t-mobile.com
    Account Name: blank
    Password: blank
    CID: 1 ( have no idea what this is)
    Dial Number: *99#
    DNS: Automatic
    Proxies: Off
    Serial Port: Dial-up Networking
    Same thing here. I get "No RFCOMM channel for dial-up networking" when I try to connect.
    07-21-11 12:02 PM
    for blackberry tether?
    07-26-11 02:22 PM
    Does this allow you to tether for free? Or do you get charged as if you were tethering to a laptop?
    07-26-11 07:58 PM
    Successfully tethered with Blackberry Storm 2 (9550) (I am paying the extra $20/mo for data)

* QPST to open phone
    * MIP tab, add tethered NAI
    (errormessage+reboot)

iPad
    loaded iBluever w/ OnDemand (full, $5)

Configured, working, bobs ur uncle. Ipad now says "3g" in corner

My upcoming Disney vacation thanks you.

-Blu

[Edit]
    Following similar technique, was able to link up to my laptop as well. Life is good.
    Last edited by BluPhant; 07-31-11 at 12:55 PM.
    07-31-11 10:42 AM
    Same thing here. I get "No RFCOMM channel for dial-up networking" when I try to connect.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    08-10-11 10:18 AM
    just got a 9900 and after copying the settings from my torch on iblue on my ipad 2 i cant get it working anymore, fails after the PPP connect part. anyone else having problems?
    08-19-11 12:20 PM
306 ... 910111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD