Thank you for the reply.
    Yeah I've jailbroken it and had Cydia, but somehow could not find the iBluever at the forefront, but after noting your advice to"search" for it at Cydia, I have finally found it! (I'm kind of newbie at iPad; and I had never used iPhone either)

It's ok now; I'm trying iBluever. It's the most important application for me to use with my WiFi iPad.
    No problem...glad I could help!
    06-09-10 10:52 AM
    Will doing this allow the Blackberry and iPad to communicate through bluetooth and allow calls to come through on my iPad? I have my iPad mounted in my car and wired through the car stereo and would love to be able to accept and make calls right on the iPad screen and leave the BB in my pocket, but standard bluetooth pairing doesn't seem to work. Yes it is jailbroken, and I'm using the BB Tour.
    06-09-10 12:48 PM
    Will doing this allow the Blackberry and iPad to communicate through bluetooth and allow calls to come through on my iPad? I have my iPad mounted in my car and wired through the car stereo and would love to be able to accept and make calls right on the iPad screen and leave the BB in my pocket, but standard bluetooth pairing doesn't seem to work. Yes it is jailbroken, and I'm using the BB Tour.
    It might be possible, provided that an application like Skype runs on iPad and the caller calls thru the Internet, i.e. not thru the conventional GSM way. That's my guess but sooner or later that'll be the norm I think, i.e. voice calls & Internet data will converge.

You've said standard BT pairing didn't seem to work. That's true as long as you use the standard (that is, restricted in some ways) features of the iPad. I have managed to bluetooth-pair my SonyEricsson Aino with iPad using the app iBluever (which works under a jailbroken iPad) and connect to the Internet. iBluever works like a charm with both of my phones: SE Aino (2009) and Siemens CX75 (2005 make).
    Last edited by omero72; 06-09-10 at 04:03 PM. Reason: clarification
    06-09-10 02:42 PM
    AWESOME!!! I just did with IPad and it works like a charm. You are a the S***!!!!
    06-09-10 06:41 PM
    Ok, maybe I am missing something. I have PDAnet on my blackberry with all options checked or unchecked per your instructions. I have the demo of iBluever on my ipad. I have enabled bluetooth on my blackberry. When I click on IBluever OFF/ON button I get a reply of " Bluet00th daemon disconnected unexpectedly! " with a DISMISS button below it. Any suggestions? thanks
    06-10-10 04:14 PM
    Ok, maybe I am missing something. I have PDAnet on my blackberry with all options checked or unchecked per your instructions. I have the demo of iBluever on my ipad. I have enabled bluetooth on my blackberry. When I click on IBluever OFF/ON button I get a reply of " Bluet00th daemon disconnected unexpectedly! " with a DISMISS button below it. Any suggestions? thanks
    this has been mentioned previously. You need to disable pdanet and turn off ibluever, then re-enable for it to work. if you cannot disconnect the bluetooth connection, try respringing.

PLEASE be aware that with the demo version your connection will drop after ~30seconds.
    06-10-10 05:20 PM
    I know this will sound funny...but turn off Bluetooth in the iPad's Settings.
    Then activate PDANet on your BB and turn on iBluever on the iPad.

I had the same error as you and this resolved it.
    juancarlos0208 likes this.
    06-11-10 08:18 AM
    Wow! Just want to say thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread! I had some problems, but I learned a lot from all of you: how to jailbreak, how to use openSSH to remove programs.. And it is now WORKING with my iPod touch 3.1.3 and Verizon Blackberry Tour 9630. This is a trial because I'm seriously thinking about a WiFi iPad and didn't want to shell out extra $$ for the myfi.

Thanks again!!!
    06-11-10 11:08 AM
    It finally worked after I turned off bluetooth in the settings on the ipad. Thank you, thank you, thank you....
    06-11-10 05:27 PM
    Ok, I got iBluever to turn on and see my blackberry but I'm not getting the phone symbol in the upper right corner and I can't connect to the internet. Should I buy the full version of Ibluever? I feel like I missed something along the way.. Thanks again.
    06-11-10 05:37 PM
    Did you actually tap on (select) the BB in the list in iBluever?
    06-11-10 05:45 PM
    Thanks for the help. I was not clicking on the blackberry. Now when I do, it says " Link key was generated for remote device" and just hangs there. Plus twice I have authorized to buy the full version of iBluever from Cydia and it doesn't download... What the heck am I doing wrong?? Thanks again.
    06-17-10 03:34 PM
    I've been using iBluever with my T-Mobile BlackBerry 9700 and iPod Touch 3G for the past 2 weeks. It works great!

I've noticed that if you leave Wi-Fi enabled on the Touch, it will even let apps that use Wi-Fi triangulation like Foursquare and Google Maps to accurately find your location on the iPod Touch!

I also got this working on a friends iPad and Verizon BB Tour. (he already pays to have tethering on the Tour so I didn't need PDANet for him)
    06-21-10 10:04 AM
    BTW, for those of you having disconnection problems, make sure you've downloaded the last update to iBluever. (just go into Cydia and it should show that an update is available) The latest version is much more stable than it was a few weeks ago.
    06-21-10 10:08 AM
    aohus you are a genius! oh yeah your directions work perfectly with alltel too...pearl 8130 and ipod touch 3rd gen

guess im going to have to buy the full version cause my demo loses connection after a few seconds

thanks again
    06-21-10 08:09 PM
    Does this work for Sprint PCS also? I'm thinking because its bluetooth it shouldn't matter right? Thanks
    06-22-10 09:30 AM
    I am ready to do this, I am the most conservative person ever! yet the way you laid out the plan, it makes sense. I'm not technical i'll get my buddy to help me but it sounds like it works. Does jailbreaking the ipad risk it to anything? anything I should be worried about? I just want to do what you did and have net where ever I have bars on my mobile (sprint pcs), that would be the greatest solution!
    06-22-10 01:23 PM
    Does jailbreaking the ipad risk it to anything? anything I should be worried about? I just want to do what you did and have net where ever I have bars on my mobile (sprint pcs), that would be the greatest solution!
    Jailbreaking is not risky at all. Its a one click process. Please go to Spirit for jailbreaking procedure.

Yes, bluetooth dial up networking via Sprint will work. Go here for how other users configured for their Sprint phones.
    06-22-10 05:23 PM
    Hey just want to say thanks to the OP and everyones hard work on this, but I was hoping to get some help.

I am a Telus subscriber, now I was informed that telus can discover the fact that I have been tethering. Is it confirmed that PDA net will mask this?

Also, has anyone had any success with Telus? because there appear to be so many different configurations for APNS and numbers to dial!

Some say *99#
    Some say #777
    for APN some say bb.telus.com
    or rim.telusmobility.net
    or isp.telus.net

so I am just a bit confused, if someone has successfully done this over the telus network I would really appreciate some guidance. Thanks so much and go blackberry go!
    06-23-10 10:39 AM
    Hi,

Can someone explain what a "dial number" is? Or how I can find it on my phone (blackberry 9700). I understand that is a carrier setting but the list from iBluever does not include carriers Globe or Smart (Philippines) carriers. Any help would be awesome!!
    06-24-10 09:10 AM
    Has anyone tried this process with Tether(Berry) instead of PdaNet?
    06-24-10 10:42 AM
    I already tether my laptop to my BB with the Tether for Blackberry app (on my Tour) in order to avoid paying for the monthly tethering charge from Verizon. I haven't used my laptop since getting my iPad.

Does this process require paying for the monthly tethering charge from Verizon?
    06-24-10 12:36 PM
    Does this process require paying for the monthly tethering charge from Verizon?
    No. No tethering charge if you use PDAnet with ibluever.
    06-24-10 01:41 PM
    Anyone In India with vodafone tried it?.. Not workin for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-10 03:00 PM
    I did this w/ my ipad right after the Spirit Jailbreak was released. I had a lot of problems with not all apps recognizing that the ipad was connected to the internet. Safari worked fine, though. I dont know if this was a limitation of using the demo version of ibluever or just the way the apps were written to use wifi only.
    06-24-10 03:02 PM
306 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD