[Note : 01net is the biggest tech-related magazine / web site in France.]

In their latest test (june-july 2013 edition), they elected the Z10 as the third best choice behind Galaxy Notes 2 and S4 (no surprise for these two positions there) in the "over �450" range.

The article contains phrases that warm the heart. The title, of course, but also the satisfaction to observe the return of competitors (Nokia, BlackBerry and HTC).

"The other surprise is the excellent BlackBerry Z10, a 100% touch smartphone , very effective for managing email accounts and social networks. If you prefer a physical keyboard to the old note that BlackBerry recently launched the Q10, which is not in our selection but whose qualities are equivalent to Z10. "
    Inset in third place, one can read:
    "A very successful ergonomics
    The Z10 [...] is intuitive, highly efficient and loaded enough to hold a full day's work. Touch interface responds like clockwork. Although it is very well designed, the new system, however, suffers from small teething problems, especially lack of worthy applications. "
    Pros: The ergonomics of BlackBerry 10
    Cons: The lack of dedicated applications for BlackBerry
    Oh, you may ask about others. Here's the full ranking, no bashing intended (you bet lol) :

1 Samsung Galaxy Note
    2 Samsung Galaxy S4
    3 BlackBerry Z10 (and implicitly the Q10)
    4 HTC One
    5 Apple iPhone5
    6 Nokia Lumia 920

All right captain Thor let's *seriously* Rock'N'Roll this now !!!
    Attached Thumbnails "Finally Samsung and Apple have serious opponents"-01.jpg  
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 06-27-13 at 04:57 AM.
    06-26-13 10:42 AM
    Well, I can't really disagree. The S4 is a beautiful phone although the bloatware and somewhat haphazard design of the UI is a bit of a turn off for me. The Z10 is more efficiently designed but the App store will take more time to develop. Personally, I think the z10 has more room for vertical growth than the current Android system. But to each there own.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-26-13 10:56 AM
    I have many friends that have s3 and s4 phones and they claim these phones crash all the time. I personally don't like the ui but there are some nice features and widgets.

Posted via CB10
    Stephen C. likes this.
    06-26-13 11:08 AM
    Good to see the Z10 beats the HTC One

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 11:10 AM
    BB doing alright ,we doing alright.Gonna take a while mon ami but BB10 will grow branding get stronger.BB just have to keep putting in the work.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-26-13 11:18 AM
    I switched from a Curve 3G to an S3 and seriously don't see what the hype is about. I don't use any of the gimmicky features, and the OS itself is buggy enough without me "customizing" it. It regularly puts itself into permanent airplane mode, which requires a reboot to resolve. It also fails on the most basic levels of a phone aswell, when trying to view a MMS, it often interprets the image as a slideshow, thus disabling the ability to zoom in while viewing. Terrible. Waiting on the A10 then I'm switching back. Oh and forgot, I downloaded Candy Crush Saga and after going a few days without even launching the app I noticed it was opening my browser to some ad website, at that point I decided to delete it and clear my caches and cookies etc, yet it's still doing it. I never thought that the bugs and security rumors about Android were all too big of a deal until I got their "flagship" device (which I know is the S4 now, but at the time it was the S3). This terrifies me as the previous iterations of Android were touted to be much worse. WORSE? Lord have mercy.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-26-13 09:58 PM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    have both the z10 and Q10 .. after initial learning curve.. really love the Z10!!! …..
    06-26-13 10:02 PM
    have both the z10 and Q10 .. after initial learning curve.. really love the Z10!!! …..
    Funny enough, I ran out of battery on my Z10 (after 14Hrs or so) and decided to switch back to the Q10 for a night. Maybe one week ago, Z10 was declared (by me) my favorite device, with real life 80% usage. Now I'm back to doubt ... LOL
    Sometimes I feel so girly
    06-27-13 04:00 AM
    Thread title fixed!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-27-13 05:36 AM
    I have many friends that have s3 and s4 phones and they claim these phones crash all the time. I personally don't like the ui but there are some nice features and widgets.

Posted via CB10
    I can confirm that the S3 is a laggy, crashing piece of junk, and its battery life was less than half that of my Z.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and Stephen C. like this.
    06-27-13 07:22 AM
    Well we have to be careful about how we talk about other devices cause there could be some ex Z10 user who were unlucky and got the ones that rebooted and I'm sure we wouldn't want them going around shouting how it's trash cause it reboots all the time.

In any case I've heard and seen good things from the galaxy. It's not for me though.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-27-13 12:07 PM