I was going thru the NY Times Headlines this morning and saw this http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/12/26...it_th_20131226

Posted from my bangin Q10
    mithrazor and laketrout73 like this.
    12-26-13 04:44 AM
    Cool. I'm sure hate comments will fill it.

It's important that BlackBerry get apps soon. To a CrackBerrian, side loading is an option, but to the public (like my wife) they want to download directly from BlackBerry World.

I hope BlackBerry sees this article and send everyone interviewed a new Q10 (loaded with 10.2) if they don't have one.

Posted via CB10
    zensen likes this.
    12-26-13 04:59 AM
    Interesting article. Rare to find nowadays

BBM Channel C000FA856 | Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1055
    12-26-13 05:04 AM
    I hope 2014 will be a good year for BlackBerry.
    12-26-13 05:44 AM
    That's a positive article? Me thinks not.

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    12-26-13 09:21 AM
    Well, the title was positive, but it was pretty much downhill from there. The gist of the article is that BlackBerry was "chic-in-2006" (the article actually uses that phrase), but is so over now that it's "not cool or even retro-cool." And yet, there are a handful of dinosaurs out there who cling to it for some reason. Some choice quotes:

"How the mighty have tumbled. In September, BlackBerry entered an agreement for its $4.7 billion sale to a consortium led by Fairfax Financial; a recent earnings report suggests a company in financial free fall. BlackBerry models are selling for $11.99 on eBay."

"'People make fun of me when I take my phone out,' he said. 'I feel like I have an eight-track tape player in my car. When did I become that person? But I love it.'"

"'Owning a BlackBerry is the opposite of a status object now. It’s like driving a junk car.'"

There were a few positive things said, mainly about the keyboard, but if that article is what passes for positive these days, BlackBerry's in worse trouble than I thought.
    Last edited by gogurt48; 12-26-13 at 10:03 AM.
    johnm137 and justsomebbuser like this.
    12-26-13 09:47 AM
    Finding something like this is a needle in a hay stack 2014 should be a good year for blackberry

C002C4374 HD wallpapers
    12-26-13 09:51 AM
    I wouldn't call that a positive article about BlackBerry. Let me summarize; If you use a BlackBerry you are ridiculed for being worse than "not cool". You must have a iPhone even if you keep a BlackBerry hidden away that you only use in secret.

One the other hand, it shows just how much the iPhone is so over.
    Agreed completely...I was thinking maybe I am the only one who thinks that it wasn't positive.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 09:52 AM
    " people make fun of me .." how old are these people...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    12-26-13 09:56 AM
    Bring more of these type articles in 2014

Posted via Q10
    12-26-13 11:34 AM
    Positive:
    BlackBerry offers a typing experience that's second to none.

Negative:
    Some people are embarrassed to acknowledge they still use a BlackBerry. #firstworldproplems

Conclusion:
    If BlackBerry would get their act together and market the devices and populate BlackBerry World with popular and quality native apps, I could actually see people reverting back. There's a lot of users that hate typing on touchscreens.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 04:39 PM
    The only phone that one should be ridiculed and laughed at is the iphone. There is no other phone that is more outdated and old then an iPhone. I laugh at iphone users and many are waking up to the fact iphone is garbage. Four inch screen and no NFC is so 2007 where iphone is stuck at. If it wasn't for marketing to brainwash the weak minded puppets apple would be done. My sg4 crushes the itoy5 ...oops I mean iphone5. I guess you can call it a smartphone?

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 07:57 PM
    " people make fun of me .." how old are these people...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    Their ages are noted in the article. And they're definitely skewing to the more aged end of the smartphone demographic. But I'd wager it's representative of the statistically average age of remaining blackberry users.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    12-26-13 11:47 PM
    The only phone that one should be ridiculed and laughed at is the iphone.
    Since you yourself are ridiculing and laughing at it, it is being done. That hasn't stopped Apple from becoming the most valuable corporation in the United States (in terms of market capitalization).

There is no other phone that is more outdated and old then an iPhone.
    This is not true. I was a day one purchaser of an original iPhone (I was even on local TV in maryland when it came out in 2007 being first in line). I did at the time have a blackberry - so I quite clearly remember the iPhone being newer than the Blackberry.

If you mean in contemporary terms, iPhone 5S is presently the only (mass produced) phone in the world with a 64-bit architecture, and you could say that "32-bit is so 1983".

I laugh at iphone users and many are waking up to the fact iphone is garbage. Four inch screen and no NFC is so 2007 where iphone is stuck at. If it wasn't for marketing to brainwash the weak minded puppets apple would be done. My sg4 crushes the itoy5 ...oops I mean iphone5. I guess you can call it a smartphone?

Posted via CB10
    Is your SG4 made of neutronium? The iPhone is pretty study, that's one heavy phone to crush it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    gogurt48 likes this.
    12-27-13 12:19 AM
    To sum that article up:

BlackBerry used to be cool, now it's not. A few people still use them, and of that few, a good many also own an iPhone or think about buying one.

The End!
    12-27-13 12:22 AM
    It's not flattering nor is it a hatchet piece. If anything it shows how people do things for the benefit of others. If you get a phone based on what others think you probably have very low self esteem, and if you judge people for the same reason you're just plain dumb!

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 12:33 AM
    It's not flattering nor is it a hatchet piece. If anything it shows how people do things for the benefit of others. If you get a phone based on what others think you probably have very low self esteem, and if you judge people for the same reason you're just plain dumb!

Posted via CB10
    The article is in the fashion section. What exactly would you expect?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    12-27-13 12:35 AM
    I will say this: it is cool to be uncool. Don't follow the herd instinct. Why do heads of state and high government officials and CEOs still carry BB? There must be a reason, eh?
    12-27-13 10:38 PM
    Right .. so because I don't have the latest cellphone I'm "not cool" or "with it" ? What rot. Talk about herd mentality. Those who choose not to buy an icrap or droid phone are doing so for a reason - they have brains with active thinking ability and don't subscribe to hype and propaganda. What kind of pathetic world are we living in when one associates their self worth with the choice of smartphone they use ? Totally moronic and sad.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    12-27-13 10:59 PM
    *yawn*

Another fluff piece.

Next.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 11:09 PM