Last time I checked, BB10 is software, too. So all is well. :-)

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 12:17 AM
    If Canada would block the sale of BlackBerry, then Canada should be sponsoring the company with tax-payer dollars.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 08:29 AM
    I hoped that Chen would be able to turn things around to ensure BlackBerry could still make great phones, but in my heart I knew he wouldn't. What's the point in wasting money designing the best phones around if nobody will buy them? It was inevitable, RIM took too long to adapt to the new Apple-style market, and then Android came along with dirt cheap handsets which only made things worse. They just couldn't compete.

Posted via my OG  BlackBerry Passport
    wilber1 likes this.
    09-30-16 12:52 PM
    [WARN]Please skip the off-topic stuff, and the bickering. Those comments have been deleted. [/WARN]
    10-01-16 09:21 AM
    Blackberry won't be dead, they'll still make phones for governments and enterprise people who need them. Sad to see they'll not make there own devices anymore....in the end is it really a BlackBerry still? Not really.
    Last edited by red5gary; 10-03-16 at 11:27 PM. Reason: forgot a word
    10-03-16 11:26 PM
    Blackberry won't be dead, they'll still make phones for governments and enterprise people who need them.
    They don't plan to make anything for govt and enterprise people and the one licensee wants to make low-end consumer phones. for Indonesia.
    Last edited by cgk; 10-04-16 at 07:50 AM.
    10-04-16 01:12 AM
    Blackberry won't be dead, they'll still make phones for governments and enterprise people who need them.
    They don't plan to make anything for govt and enterprise people and the one licensee wants to make low-end consumer phones. for Indonesia.
    10-04-16 01:12 AM
    I got my fingers crossed for a collaboration with Samsung. Think about it. Samsung hardware with BlackBerry Android and BlackBerry's physical keyboard! Wouldn't that be awesome?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-16 01:14 AM
    John Chen on the future of BlackBerry devices:

".... including the upcoming BB 10.3.3 release, continued commitment to rapid software updates and feature development...."

commitment to rapid software updates - wow!

If it was not that sad, it would be a good comedy show!

Posted via CB10
    StephanieMaks and blackmass like this.
    10-04-16 03:04 AM
    Sometimes i feel such hopelessness.

But i keep a positive mindset - things WILL improve, we'll get licensees.
    10-05-16 10:19 AM
    And now the news that OS10 might live on in other devices...

What are those guys smoking?! -kids keep away from that stuff!!!!

They have no clue what they are doing and what a powerful & great product they could offer - especially what OS10 is capable of!!!!
    No vision, no plan, nothing!
    Mike Lazaridis needs to come back and tell them about his visions of mobile computing.
    Chens team need to bring it to life!

But just look at Alex and his team - they have NO CLUE how to use it!
    "Yeah, maybe someone will put it in a phone or a toaster... uhmm... yeah..."

This QNX thing is capable of running ANYTHING in realtime multitasking and a secure way that has never been there before!

Apps would run smoother than hot butter.
    Just look at the old Playbook videos, with the half-baked OS10.

They could put iOS to dust, if they knew how to use it - just thing about iPad and multitasking...

Man...
    10-05-16 02:42 PM

They have no clue what they are doing and what a powerful & great product they could offer - especially what OS10 is capable of!!!!
    Mike Lazaridis needs to come back and tell them about his visions of mobile computing.

This QNX thing is capable of running ANYTHING in realtime multitasking and a secure way that has never been there before!

They could put iOS to dust, if they knew how to use it - just thing about iPad and multitasking...

Man...
    Although your statement is overstating the benefits of BB10 as a commercial smartphone OS, it is no doubt great software.

But no one at BlackBerry can force others to make apps for it. Developers weren't interested in a third ecosystem. Period.

Hopefully QNX will continue to be developed and used where it's capabilities are better suited.
    Slash82 likes this.
    10-05-16 03:00 PM

Man...
    Mobile computing is already here and the big players (Google,Apple,Microsoft) will win that race. BlackBerry either joins then and works on the software and security side as they are with android and the iot or they sink.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-05-16 03:14 PM
    Although your statement is overstating the benefits of BB10 as a commercial smartphone OS, it is no doubt great software.

But no one at BlackBerry can force others to make apps for it. Developers weren't interested in a third ecosystem. Period.

Hopefully QNX will continue to be developed and used where it's capabilities are better suited.
    I can agree with you that BlackBerry would need some attention to get developers.
    But what did they the past 1.5 years?
    How did they show any big support?
    New SDKs or so?

And I'm sure that it's true for "smaller" developers - but what about Instagram, SnapChat, Facebook, WhatsApp, Uber etc.?
    Those are the 'hottest' apps right now (or even a little longer).
    Even if they aren't willing to create apps for OS10 - what about their APIs?
    I mean even the "smallest" developers get access to them - so they could make their own apps.
    As far as I know was the "old, real" Facebook app made by BlackBerry and they don't seem to understand that it isn't the number of apps, but the top social media ones to get customers.

Or even if that won't work - update the Android runtime and make a Hub-Integration for some .apks.
    I'm sure there is a way for that!!

More customers = more developers.
    Getting rid of big apps like: Facebook and WhatsApp = less customers.
    Last edited by Slash82; 10-05-16 at 03:25 PM.
    10-05-16 03:15 PM

Man...
    I will say that BB10 was so much better when it was still PlayBook OS... But we didn't have the HUB or as much integration, it was pretty basic. But it was so smooth and stable. But then there wasn't a lot you could do with it... And the GPU was not nearly powerful enough.... checkerboarding was way to common in PDF files or the Browser.
    10-05-16 03:19 PM
    Mobile computing is already here and the big players (Google,Apple,Microsoft) will win that race. BlackBerry either joins then and works on the software and security side as they are with android and the iot or they sink.

Please watch the video of Mike Lazaridis at All Things Digital when he first showed the Playbook from 2010:

The Full Video of RIM's Mike Lazaridis at D: Dive Into Mobile - Kara Swisher - News - AllThingsD

And tell me if any Android tabled or iPad is able to run applications like this - even in 2016.
    And OS10 is PlaybookOS on RedBull.
    10-05-16 03:21 PM
    I will say that BB10 was so much better when it was still PlayBook OS... But we didn't have the HUB or as much integration, it was pretty basic. But it was so smooth and stable. But then there wasn't a lot you could do with it... And the GPU was not nearly powerful enough.... checkerboarding was way to common in PDF files or the Browser.
    Yeah, at this time - Mike Lazaridis was dreaming about chipsets, GPUs and battery power like we have it now.
    10-05-16 03:22 PM
    I can agree with you that BlackBerry would need some attention to get developers.
    But what did they the past 1.5 years?
    How did they show any big support?
    New SDKs or so?

And I'm sure that it's true for "smaller" developers - but what about Instagram, SnapChat, Facebook, WhatsApp, Uber etc.?
    Those are the 'hottest' apps right now (or even a little longer).
    Even if they aren't willing to create apps for OS10 - what about their APIs?
    I mean even the "smallest" developers get access to them - so they could make their own apps.
    As far as I know was the "old, real" Facebook app made by BlackBerry and they don't seem to understand that it isn't the number of apps, but the top social media ones to get customers.

Or even if that won't work update the Android runtime and make a Hub-Integration for some .apks.
    I'm sure there is a way for that!!

More customers = more developers.
    Getting rid of big apps like: Facebook and WhatsApp = less customers.
    So many problems here.

1- The APIs for these apps are not public. One cannot legally reverse engineer them. Some small developers may get away with it for a brief time until they are discovered.

2- The Android Runtime cannot be developed further due to OHA regulations.

3- True HUB integration on BB10 would require developer support. See #1.

We've been through all this before, ad infinitum.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and JeepBB like this.
    10-05-16 03:25 PM
    So many problems here.

1- The APIs for these apps are not public. One cannot legally reverse engineer them. Some small developers may get away with it for a brief time until they are discovered.

2- The Android Runtime cannot be developed further due to OHA regulations.

3- True HUB integration on BB10 would require developer support. See #1.
    They might find a way - I mean, Facebook agreed to let their API open for BlackBerry.
    The old app is still running (and I'm glad that it is).

I can not imagine that this is impossible.

But maybe it's just who is trying too hard to think about that stuff...
    10-05-16 03:29 PM
    Please watch the video of Mike Lazaridis at All Things Digital when he first showed the Playbook from 2010:

The Full Video of RIM's Mike Lazaridis at D: Dive Into Mobile - Kara Swisher - News - AllThingsD

And tell me if any Android tabled or iPad is able to run applications like this - even in 2016.
    And OS10 is PlaybookOS on RedBull.
    As much as i would like to watch a 30 minute video from 6 years ago, why don't you just give me the Cole's notes version.

zephyr613 likes this.
    10-05-16 03:30 PM
    They might find a way - I mean, Facebook agreed to let their API open for BlackBerry.

There is no way at all. Facebook no longer provides or supports public APIs - hence the switch to the mobile website. We've been down this road. Nothing more to see here.
    10-05-16 03:30 PM

IP... hard to sell your IP if you are stealing others. Instagram, SnapChat, Facebook, WhatsApp, Uber etc.... while at one time they were inclined to give out APIs and let other develop their own apps, security issues and quality issues have caused them to change their ways and move to just supporting the bigger products. I have a BlueRay Player that had both Instagram and Facebook apps on them at one time... neither work anymore and Phillips sure doesn't bother with updates.

Few 3rd party developers (at least those located within North America and the reach of the court system) are really interested it building Apps for Apps anymore.
    10-05-16 03:39 PM
    As much as i would like to watch a 30 minute video from 6 years ago, why don't you just give me the Cole's notes version.

Give him a break. He's just doing what most crazy exes do when they are told it's over...

Still in the denial phase though...
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-05-16 04:19 PM
    Give him a break. He's just doing what most crazy exes do when they are told it's over...

That's what is love about!

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 04:31 PM

BB10 is a good OS.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    Slash82 likes this.
    10-05-16 04:39 PM
208 ... 45678 ...